1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Falcons Haven...where to go what to build.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game II: Citizens' started by robboo, Apr 5, 2007.

1. robboo

robboo Deity

OK FH has been pretty much designated as a science/commerce city. I want teh citizens to throw out ANY ideas they have. We can all learn from each others experiences from other games.

What are your opinions on which wonders or national wonders are critical for it to carry out this function?
    Do you think we should skip the forge or use forges to boost happiness and increase production?

IIRC...markets and groceries only provide income if we do not run 100% science? SO if this is correct then we may want to ensure we rarely run 100% science as those builds would be virtually useless.

Right now FH can devote some build time to "national units" of settlers or workers and maybe provide a few military units if needed until we get a full blown production city.

So give me your ideas, they will be needed for the TC after the April 5th one.

2. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

Re: Markets and Groceries
    They multiply all :gold: in the city, so not only income from commerce, but also income from merchants. And I doubt we'll be running 100% a lot, as we'll have to pay for the upkeep of the cities too.

3. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

So, FH is a commercial city, that's obvious.

First question: how to improve its radius? Two gold mines to mine and work,so

two floods to farm; some hills to give necessary production, count needed

food and cottage the remaining grass.

Second question: what to build and,still more important, what NOT to build?

Build general buildings, like granary, forge and courthouse; build commerce

buildings like library and marketplace. Do not build military units, let it to

production and hybrid cities.

Best regards,

4. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

I'd say we should ge the forge quickly, because it will allow a low production city to have the necessary hammers to develop. We should avoid financial buildings like markets when there are science buildings to be built, because I assume we'll be opperating above 50% science the whole game, thus making the contributions of science buildings more important than wealth buildings.

5. robboo

robboo Deity

Any more discussion from this. I will post instructions in the next 12-15 hours for the next TC.