Fall Creators Update

JediRanger

Chieftain
Ever since the update, the game seems very stretched, as if the resolution is off. Anyone know if the update semi-broke the game, or is there a fix for it (It is currently unplayable for me, as it hurts my eyes to play for anything longer then 10 minutes)

Ever since the update, the game seems very stretched, as if the resolution is off. Anyone know if the update semi-broke the game, or is there a fix for it (It is currently unplayable for me, as it hurts my eyes to play for anything longer then 10 minutes)
In Steam? Is it possible they've fiddled with the conquests.ini file? If the gamescreen suddenly looks stretched (i.e. horizontally? On a widescreen monitor?), my guess would be that the 'KeepRes=1' line needs to be (re)inserted.

The conquests.ini file should be in the ...\Civilization3\Conquests\ folder (you may need to tell Windows Explorer to show file-extensions): once you've found the file, open it in your favourite text editor, add that line (back in), save your changes, and that should then tell the game to use your monitor's native resolution instead of stretching the default (1024*768) view to fit.

Thank you. Its now playable again. Not quite the resolution that it was before, everything seems zoomed out, but that is something I can get used to in time. I would have hated to try and abandon my effort in creating an endless war scenario.

Top Bottom