1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall from Divine Intervention I: Amurite Analogies

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Korias, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Korias

Korias King

Ok, heres how it goes. I, the player, play 50 turns. Then I turn over the save to the gods, who intervene and give me the various quests. And then I take the save back, and the cycle continues.

Leader:Valledia of the Amurites
    Difficulty: Noble (But probably other because of the gods)
    Map: Custom Continents (4 Continents, Normal Speed, Low Sea Level)
    Selected Options: All Unique Features, End of Winter, Blessings of Amathon, Last Days, Living World.

The Player Korias
    The Gods:
    Lugus-Angel of Light
    Sirona-Angel of Wisdom
    Nantosuelta-Angel of Faith- civplayah
    Sucellus-Angel of Life
    Amatheon-Angel of Fertility
    Junil-Angel of Justice-PaulusIII

Arawn- Angel of Death-Methuselah
    Oghma- Angel of Knowledge-
    Danalin- Angel of the Water-lade
    Dagda- Angel of Balance
    Kilmorph- Angel of the Earth-Honor
    Tali- Angel of the Air-Thomas.berubeg
    Cernunnos- Angel of Growth-civ king

Camulos- Angel of War-mknn
    Aeron- Angel of Rage-Iceciro
    Ceridwen- Angel of Magic-MasterofDisasta
    Mammon- Angel of Greed-Seon
    Esus- Angel of Deception-Brugarin
    Agares- Angel of Despair-Kenken244
    Bhall- Angel of Fire-Taalen

XII: Thou shalt not tamper with the mortal heroes. (No fiddling with World Units like Sphener, Govannon, or Bambur)

I'm unsure of where to proceed. From what I can tell, I got shafted in Map Gen. I havent made any moves yet, So the gods can tinker with it and examine it.

As far as my strategy goes, I believe settling In place is the best option. 1S, while giving me land, denies me the Rice to the East. And if I can get the Heron Throne, It can be an incredibly powerful capital site. I may found OO if possible to take advantage of the situation around the capital and surrounding territory, however.

Starting Build Order: Probably Warrior-Warrior/Scout-Worker-Warrior-Settler.
    Starting Tech Order: Exploration -> Fishing -> Mysticism -> Crafting or Message from Deep
    Gods, I turn over the save to you. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Tali Shivered. Though, as a god, she had no need to, she liked the idea. and, for Tali, liking the idea was reason enough to do something.

She searched among the Ice and thawing snow for the tribe that had slain Mulcarn.

Tali didn't like Mulcarn: always so stiff and formal. the World is made for fun, and mischief.

And so she searched to give her blessing to those who had removed Mulcarn from the world.

OOC: not doing anything yet, until something happens.

3. civplayah

civplayah fronter

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but can I join as Nantosuelta? If I am the Angel of Faith, does that mean after a very hard quest, I could reward you with religions?

4. Korias

Korias King

Now that you've all had a chance to look at the save, 50 Turn Save:

Synopsis

• Exploration and Fishing were discovered
    • Warrior named Milo promoted to Guerilla I, defending the city against Lizardmen
    • A scout explores a dungeon to find a poisioned Blade. He is named Cerves
    • A scout dies by giant spider.
    • We Meet Amelanchelier of the Ljosalfar.

Attached Files:

5. Korias

Korias King

Anybody can join as a god after the game starts. Follow the Commandments and you'll do fine.

Nanto's precept is Faith. While I wouldnt give me the tech for the religion, Giving me a religious unit or such might be apt. But a very hard quest might result in say, you dropping 50 Slave units into the hurry production meter for the religious hero.

6. Lade

Lade Prince

You plan to adopt the octopus overlords? Hmm, I might cut down on the chaos if you keep Hemah around incense, but otherwise

7. Korias

Korias King

Given the starting position, I might. Its a religion that gives Water Mana, doesnt change my alignment, and gives an extra Archmage. Gameplay wise, its a sound decision. The bonuses for the current position arent to bad either.

I might go through Empyrean later, however, simply because I want to see those assassins targeting my mages in my territory and not have to deal with Esus's proactive defense.

8. thomas.berubeg

Tali hasn't yet decided whether she likes the idea of the Amurites playing with the forces of underwater madness... much to structured.

OCC: how much time do we have to make changes?

9. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

When Mammon heard that Mulcarn was finally killed, he could not stop himself from smiling. Age of Ice was such a boring time for him, essentially unchanging.

Of course, there was a time there and then when a person kept a larger slice of meat than others, cheated to get resources etc, but there wasn't anything exciting such as casting a magic on a lump of rock to make it look like gold and selling it. Good Old Days, thought Mammon.

Now the hall in his palace was abuzz with news, demons excitedly chattered about what happened at Erebus, and how to exploit this situation.

With his mind's eye, Mammon casted a look at the civilization that killed Mulcarn. Pitiful, he thought. There wasn't enough greed in the world to really expand his will into the world.

For now, he would rest, but when the time came...

OOC: no change yet, I have to download patch x

Edit: err.. I seemed to have missed it by a patch, can someone post patch x here so I can fix something and stuff?

10. Korias

Korias King

Well, I need you guys to make changes. I'll check back tomorrow for a save. Take all the time you need.

I do intend on using OO as a stepping stone, more or less. Its an economic booster. But hey, you guys can offer quests/events that will push me in a different direction, ala the purpose of the DI Game.

For example, say Lugus wants me to go Empyrean instead of OO. He gives me a quest, with a ecclestiatic as the prize. I change my strategy as such.

11. thomas.berubeg

Tali offers a quest a to the Amurite Poeple.

Found as many of the religions as possible, and be rewarded in an exponential manner, for each religion... Without adopting any of them!

Tali remains ambiguous about the reward, though.

12. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

Agares looked down upon the tribes that had survived the age of ice. He searched for some mortals who could act as his pawns to help him destroy creation, when he stumbled upon the Amurites.

Valledia Was startled by a sudden rumbling She looked out her palace window to see the lake in the distance rising out of the ground. In the center of the lake emerged a mountain peak, water pouring off of it in all directions. When it finally stopped rising, she noticed a plume of smoke coming off of the peak. She began to ponder what could have caused this when she heard a booming voice.

"Foolish mortal!, I am Agares! I await you in the Ether, You would do well to seek me! that volcano is a sign of my power. Do not defy my will or face the Consequences!"

What you must do:
    Spoiler :
    Found the Ashen Veil, not necessarily now, but as a long term goal

13. Korias

Korias King

Uh, what? That seems to
    • Not fall in your precept as Tali (But rather, Nantosuelta or such)
    • violate the commandments 3, 4, 5, and 10

I may take it though should the reward be really good. But founding as many as possible is downright insane with the Amurites as I need to hit other techs to make use of my civ.

And Quest from Agares: Just founding, correct? Not advocating and spreading?

14. thomas.berubeg

Remember, though Tali is a Goddess of randomness and impetuosity... Tali may ask something, then revoke it on a whim.

It's all mischief, but not truly harmful mischief.

Valledia was sleeping soundly when a soft wind blew open the window to her room. it darted in, tugging playfully at the cloth, knotting sleeves together and moving object around casually. finally, it came to settle around the sleeping Valledia, whispering in a circle around her.

"You know me." the wind spoke... "I am the wind, untameable, untracteable. But I find you amusing. There are many gods in the heavens... their followers are always petty and conflict causing, but, should you gather as many of them here as possible, you will be able to use thier power... Do So, because I have commanded you. And also, because it will be fun."

15. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Does patch x save work on patch y?

16. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

Yes, For now... (beware, since, according to lore, gods have more influence where their followers are.)(and the sooner you do it, the more I will reward you)

17. thomas.berubeg

OOC: Edited post above: better? added a story to go with it.

18. Korias

Korias King

Alright. I suppose a few longterm quests arent bad. Any quests for the turns 51-100?

19. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

I was actually planning on giving you a blessing so that you could get stabilied, but is anyone going to post that illusive patch 'x'? And does patch x save work on patch y game and vice versa?

20. thomas.berubeg

patch X is in the Bug thread. Kael has posted it there ;)