Fall from Divine Intervention I: Amurite Analogies

Korias

King
Ok, heres how it goes. I, the player, play 50 turns. Then I turn over the save to the gods, who intervene and give me the various quests. And then I take the save back, and the cycle continues.

Leader:Valledia of the Amurites
Difficulty: Noble (But probably other because of the gods)
Map: Custom Continents (4 Continents, Normal Speed, Low Sea Level)
Selected Options: All Unique Features, End of Winter, Blessings of Amathon, Last Days, Living World.

The Player Korias
The Gods:
Lugus-Angel of Light
Sirona-Angel of Wisdom
Nantosuelta-Angel of Faith- civplayah
Sucellus-Angel of Life
Amatheon-Angel of Fertility
Junil-Angel of Justice-PaulusIII

Arawn- Angel of Death-Methuselah
Oghma- Angel of Knowledge-
Danalin- Angel of the Water-lade
Dagda- Angel of Balance
Kilmorph- Angel of the Earth-Honor
Tali- Angel of the Air-Thomas.berubeg
Cernunnos- Angel of Growth-civ king

Camulos- Angel of War-mknn
Aeron- Angel of Rage-Iceciro
Ceridwen- Angel of Magic-MasterofDisasta
Mammon- Angel of Greed-Seon
Esus- Angel of Deception-Brugarin
Agares- Angel of Despair-Kenken244
Bhall- Angel of Fire-Taalen

The Eleven Commandments of Deityhood as formulated by TheForestAuro:I.Thou shalt announce your intentions.
--(Be sure to "got it" so we don't run into continuim errors. We reserve the right to ignore not announced updates)

II. Thou shalt not Intervene if you were the last deity to intervene, and thou shalt only intervene once per waking
--(You may only intervene once per my update, and you must wait for another God to intervene before intervening again.)

III. Thou shalt not reveal the secrets of knowledge or the heavens to mortals.
--(No units or techs should be revealed to any civilization if they are not in the current or previous era of the player)

IV. Thou shalt not use your powers for cataclysmic destruction
--(Remember, less is more. Be subtle. It is far more interesting for everyone if you make subtle, interesting changes like forming a choke with mountains than if you just tear giant swathes of ice through my cities. I reserve the right to reject saves I think are unnecessarily apocalyptic.)

V. Thou shalt reveal yourself to the mortal with grace.
--(Everyone loves a good story, and if you decide to contribute to it, be creative! Choose a name and domain [i.e., Winston, the Sea God] that you govern, even if the characters don't know it's you acting)

VI. Thou shalt not be vindictive, and thou shalt not halt progress.
--(You are not allowed to strip techs away from me. Anything I research is mine permanently. You are also not allowed to remove any named unit, for any reason.)

VII. Thou shalt not be unnecessarily nice to the puny mortal.
--(I do not need a stack of thirty Level 9 Praetorians to win my fights. You do not need to fill my BFC with flood-plain grassland goldmine hills next to rivers. The only exception to this is if you genuinely make me work my ass off to get it, and even then it not ought to be as good as the dream city outlined above.)

VIII. Thou shalt reward him for piety, and thou shalt offer him redemption for his punishments.
--(If you give me a quest and I succeed, reward me! If it was easy don't give me a big bonus, and if it was hard I am going to be miffed if I get another Great Prophet for all my hard work. Likewise, if you punish me, tell me how I can fix it!)

IX. Thou shalt not war with the other gods. Much.
--(Obviously there's going to be some strife between those who would support Monty's Quest, and those who would seek to oppose him. Having said that, Gods are not allowed to reverse the effects of an intervention without waiting for the update after the effects have been felt. This includes quests. In fact, you would do well to leave the other god's quests alone entirely. If you want me to do yours instead, make it more interesting or more lucritive)

X. Thou shalt obey the natural order of things, and of time, and of destiny.
--(There is a storyline going on here. Do try and fit in. Do not take great lengths to completely detract from it. Be smart.)

XI. Thou shalt not abuse your architectural omniscient nature.
--(Don't add wonders that don't already exist.)

FAQ
Q: Another God has already edited the save this turn. Can I do it too?
A: Yes, but you may not undo their changes. Take their save and edit it. Also, you may only edit once per turn.

Q: I have this cool idea that only slightly violates your rules, but it's really cool!
A: Just keep in mind I have the ability to reject any save I deem over-the-top.

XII: Thou shalt not tamper with the mortal heroes. (No fiddling with World Units like Sphener, Govannon, or Bambur)

Story said:
The world was cold.

The Amurites had a very strong distaste for it. They were a people of passion, of ambition. The real question is, where would this passion lead them?

The gods were stirring, waking just as the world was. Valledia knew this, and a shudder ran down her spine. The dawn of a new age was to be feared. But it was her responsibility. Her tribe, the Amurites, were her kinsmen. And she vowed that she would protect them.

I'm unsure of where to proceed. From what I can tell, I got shafted in Map Gen. I havent made any moves yet, So the gods can tinker with it and examine it.

As far as my strategy goes, I believe settling In place is the best option. 1S, while giving me land, denies me the Rice to the East. And if I can get the Heron Throne, It can be an incredibly powerful capital site. I may found OO if possible to take advantage of the situation around the capital and surrounding territory, however.

Starting Build Order: Probably Warrior-Warrior/Scout-Worker-Warrior-Settler.
Starting Tech Order: Exploration -> Fishing -> Mysticism -> Crafting or Message from Deep
Gods, I turn over the save to you. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Save1Opening.jpg
    Save1Opening.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 297
  • Save1World View.jpg
    Save1World View.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 349
  • AutoSave_Initial_AD-0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    111.8 KB · Views: 91
Tali Shivered. Though, as a god, she had no need to, she liked the idea. and, for Tali, liking the idea was reason enough to do something.

She searched among the Ice and thawing snow for the tribe that had slain Mulcarn.

Tali didn't like Mulcarn: always so stiff and formal. the World is made for fun, and mischief.

And so she searched to give her blessing to those who had removed Mulcarn from the world.

OOC: not doing anything yet, until something happens.

I'm not exactly sure how this works, but can I join as Nantosuelta? If I am the Angel of Faith, does that mean after a very hard quest, I could reward you with religions?

Now that you've all had a chance to look at the save, 50 Turn Save:

A polar wind chilled Valledia's spine as she looked out the palace's window. The waters were choppy, hundreds of feet below as they lapped at the cliffside. Around her, four others, her advisors, took note of her unease.

"My queen, You must relax. You cannot lead the people if you are over stressed." Solen, one of the few scholars in Cevedes, wiped his monocle along his sleve. "I have a theory about the waters that surround us, and I do believe that we can make use of them. Shall I put my Apprentices to work on discovering the secrets under the waves?"

"You are wise. We must learn to use the terrain around us, if we are to survive here." Valledia's voice was calm, her arms crossed across her chest. "Put all your work into that matter. Find their secrets quickly."

The sun rose 24 months later. The breezes that blew open the windows before now drift lazily in. The world was warming once more, and so was Valledia. The fire crackled as her advisors gathered once more.

"Solen, I commend thee. You have mastered the waves, and now we can truly make use of our land. But we must do more. The Ancient Chants once spoke of a great throne that stood on the coast, a wonder to the cities people that inspired them to greater efforts of work and production. Let us construct a tribute to it to acheive the same purpose."

"As my queen wishes." Solen and the other advisors exited the room, leaving their queen to gaze into the fire. "Mammon has shown his face once this age. But what of the other gods? Where are they, and who are they?" The rhetorical question fell on deaf ears to the mortals, but perhaps not for the immortals.

"The gods are around us, Amurite queen." The voice was fluent, twinged by a foreign tounge. "They chose to slumber as the world froze, and now they wake once more."

Valledia turned, to find a hooded man before her. But he was not an Amurite. He was an elf. A Ljosalfar.

"True, Elf. But why have they not choesn to show their faces? What god would awaken only to hide?"

"I know not the answer to your question. But it is up to us to repair the damage done to these lands, that much is certain. Will you respect the lands we share, or shall we defend them from you?" Valledia saw the veiled threat behind the unsubtle elf.

"Naturally. My people are mine to lead, as are yours. It is our duties to defend them and ensure their survival."

"Let this peace last for as long as it should, Valledia. Farewell."
"Farewell, Elf." The hooded man left, his steps creaking with leather and twine as the doors opened to the winter air, before closing once more.

Synopsis

• Exploration and Fishing were discovered
  • Warrior named Milo promoted to Guerilla I, defending the city against Lizardmen
  • A scout explores a dungeon to find a poisioned Blade. He is named Cerves
  • A scout dies by giant spider.
  • We Meet Amelanchelier of the Ljosalfar.

Attachments

• Save2Gold.jpg
    Save2Gold.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Save2Mammon.jpg
    Save2Mammon.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Save2FirstContactLjos.jpg
    Save2FirstContactLjos.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Save2ResearchFish.jpg
    Save2ResearchFish.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Save2StartHeronThrone.jpg
    Save2StartHeronThrone.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Korias AD-0050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    200.9 KB · Views: 98
I'm not exactly sure how this works, but can I join as Nantosuelta? If I am the Angel of Faith, does that mean after a very hard quest, I could reward you with religions?

Anybody can join as a god after the game starts. Follow the Commandments and you'll do fine.

Nanto's precept is Faith. While I wouldnt give me the tech for the religion, Giving me a religious unit or such might be apt. But a very hard quest might result in say, you dropping 50 Slave units into the hurry production meter for the religious hero.

You plan to adopt the octopus overlords? Hmm, I might cut down on the chaos if you keep Hemah around incense, but otherwise
Given the starting position, I might. Its a religion that gives Water Mana, doesnt change my alignment, and gives an extra Archmage. Gameplay wise, its a sound decision. The bonuses for the current position arent to bad either.

I might go through Empyrean later, however, simply because I want to see those assassins targeting my mages in my territory and not have to deal with Esus's proactive defense.

Tali hasn't yet decided whether she likes the idea of the Amurites playing with the forces of underwater madness... much to structured.

OCC: how much time do we have to make changes?

When Mammon heard that Mulcarn was finally killed, he could not stop himself from smiling. Age of Ice was such a boring time for him, essentially unchanging.

Of course, there was a time there and then when a person kept a larger slice of meat than others, cheated to get resources etc, but there wasn't anything exciting such as casting a magic on a lump of rock to make it look like gold and selling it. Good Old Days, thought Mammon.

Now the hall in his palace was abuzz with news, demons excitedly chattered about what happened at Erebus, and how to exploit this situation.

With his mind's eye, Mammon casted a look at the civilization that killed Mulcarn. Pitiful, he thought. There wasn't enough greed in the world to really expand his will into the world.

For now, he would rest, but when the time came...

OOC: no change yet, I have to download patch x

Edit: err.. I seemed to have missed it by a patch, can someone post patch x here so I can fix something and stuff?

Well, I need you guys to make changes. I'll check back tomorrow for a save. Take all the time you need.

I do intend on using OO as a stepping stone, more or less. Its an economic booster. But hey, you guys can offer quests/events that will push me in a different direction, ala the purpose of the DI Game.

For example, say Lugus wants me to go Empyrean instead of OO. He gives me a quest, with a ecclestiatic as the prize. I change my strategy as such.

Tali offers a quest a to the Amurite Poeple.

Found as many of the religions as possible, and be rewarded in an exponential manner, for each religion... Without adopting any of them!

Tali remains ambiguous about the reward, though.

Agares looked down upon the tribes that had survived the age of ice. He searched for some mortals who could act as his pawns to help him destroy creation, when he stumbled upon the Amurites.

Valledia Was startled by a sudden rumbling She looked out her palace window to see the lake in the distance rising out of the ground. In the center of the lake emerged a mountain peak, water pouring off of it in all directions. When it finally stopped rising, she noticed a plume of smoke coming off of the peak. She began to ponder what could have caused this when she heard a booming voice.

"Foolish mortal!, I am Agares! I await you in the Ether, You would do well to seek me! that volcano is a sign of my power. Do not defy my will or face the Consequences!"

What you must do:
Spoiler :
Found the Ashen Veil, not necessarily now, but as a long term goal

Tali offers a quest a to the Amurite Poeple.

Found as many of the religions as possible, and be rewarded in an exponential manner, for each religion... Without adopting any of them!

Tali remains ambiguous about the reward, though.

Uh, what? That seems to
  • Not fall in your precept as Tali (But rather, Nantosuelta or such)
  • violate the commandments 3, 4, 5, and 10

I may take it though should the reward be really good. But founding as many as possible is downright insane with the Amurites as I need to hit other techs to make use of my civ.

And Quest from Agares: Just founding, correct? Not advocating and spreading?

Uh, what? That seems to
  • Not fall in your precept as Tali (But rather, Nantosuelta or such)
  • violate the commandments 3, 4, 5, and 10

I may take it though should the reward be really good. But founding as many as possible is downright insane with the Amurites as I need to hit other techs to make use of my civ.

Remember, though Tali is a Goddess of randomness and impetuosity... Tali may ask something, then revoke it on a whim.

It's all mischief, but not truly harmful mischief.

Valledia was sleeping soundly when a soft wind blew open the window to her room. it darted in, tugging playfully at the cloth, knotting sleeves together and moving object around casually. finally, it came to settle around the sleeping Valledia, whispering in a circle around her.

"You know me." the wind spoke... "I am the wind, untameable, untracteable. But I find you amusing. There are many gods in the heavens... their followers are always petty and conflict causing, but, should you gather as many of them here as possible, you will be able to use thier power... Do So, because I have commanded you. And also, because it will be fun."

Does patch x save work on patch y?

Alright. I suppose a few longterm quests arent bad. Any quests for the turns 51-100?

I was actually planning on giving you a blessing so that you could get stabilied, but is anyone going to post that illusive patch 'x'? And does patch x save work on patch y game and vice versa?

Top Bottom