Fall From Heaven 2 012

I've started this thread to respond to a request for assistance originally posted in the Bug Thread:

hey i've been trying to get this mod working for quite a while now. if anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated...i'm running windows 7 on a mac dual boot, 10.5. I've had success with other mods up to this point. the problem is the message mentioned on kael's first post in the thread...i get an error message saying "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" after trying to load the mod. I realized that the game was installed in a section where none of the original mods of the core game were included. so, i moved the mod to the section (albeit different from where it was instructed to install) where the mods such as FFh and Rhye's and Fall were located. however i am still receiving the same error message. i am running beyond the sword fully updated. one other concern is that the mod is being listed as Fall From Heaven 2 012 in the mod section of BtS.

thanks in advance!

The current version of FfH2 is 0.41, and should appear in the mod section of BtS as simply "Fall from Heaven 2". It sounds to me like you are trying to install an old version of the mod. Additionally, you have probably installed the mod to the wrong location.

I suggest that you download and install the latest version, and the latest patch. You can find links for those downloads in the first post of the Bug Thread. The mod should be installed to "[path]\Beyond the Sword\Mods", where [path] is the path to your install of BtS. The patch should be installed to that same location. If you have any problems with the installation process then consult my guide, How to Install FfH2, which explains the process in detail. If you have any questions or problems, just let me know.

ah thankyou...i actually downloaded the mod for the 4th (?) time I think, did the same thing again, and it finally worked this time. I don't know what the problem was honestly, my guess is it relates to the site from which I downloaded the mod, because I tried a few different sites. But the game is working perfectly now, so its all good...:D

never have played this mod before, looks quite awesome.

thanks again for your help

Top Bottom