1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall from Heaven 2: Path to Glory

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by ozriam, Aug 23, 2007.

1. ozriam

ozriam Chieftain

It`s the age of rebirth. The first few years have passed by. Midgar has been founded by the Grigori in the south, the Elven city of Evermore has begun to grow in the great forest, and way up north the dwarfs are settling the mountains. But something sinister is brewing, in the forest, the fields and in the mountains. Barrows have begun to appear and even worse are the skeletons emerging from them. Orcs and goblins have been sighted, the dark elves are supposedly living somewhere in the great forest too. But the most important threat is the hordes of skeletons. A spy is sent out to locate the source and years later he returns with dire news, a tale about a legendary mountain pass and stories about ancient artefacts. He outlines a path on a map, it´s the path we must take to destroy the evil source of the skeletonspawning barrows or else the evil will eventually destroy us all. The only question is; is it the path to doom, or the path to glory?

Map size: Huge with 18 civs, 12 major with 4 playable, 6 minor civs.

Playable civs: Grigori, Ljosalfar, Khazad, Elohim.

Download size: 2 mb

Download URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6794

This is a scenario which focuses more on exploration and adventuring, less on tactics and strategy. You will ,however, have to consider how to use your heroes promotions in the best way to be able to survive the adventures.
    The scenario was designed for myself, I had the intention to play with the Grigori so playing with them might be a better experience than with the other playable civs, I honestly haven´t tried the others.

Installation:

FIRST AND FOREMOST: Make a backup copy of your original FFH2 mod directory, there are a lot of changes to a lot of files so if you want to play the original again you want the original files.

1: Download the files.

2: Unpack the rar-archive into the directory where you installed civ4.

3: Start FFH2, click play a scenario, choose Path to Glory.

4: Have fun!

Many thanks and special greetings to the makers of Civilization 4 and of course to Kael and all the others who are the creators of this great mod. I had a lot of fun with this. Thank you!

2. ozriam

ozriam Chieftain

The Elohim island

The legendary mountain pass

Throughout the world, you will find wellguarded secrets which may give you riches or secrets or something else

The land of the Grigori

The skeletons which pose an immediate threat to your lands

3. ozriam

ozriam Chieftain

Here is the larger part of changes, if you do not want to spoil some of the surprises in this scenario, then don´t look.

Spoiler :
    Changes:

These are the MAJOR changes which I can remember

Unfortunately i have not kept a log of all changes, but I will next time.

FFHEditor

Global Defines:

Tweaks to lairspawning when starting scenario (so there will not be any new lairs and ancient towers created, there are plenty of them anyway)

Monsterspawning raised on medium difficulty

Civilizations:

Many changes to the Doviello and Barbarian civs

Added new citynames to the Infernals

Handicaps:

Changed max free units and distancemaintenance for monarch.

Leaders:

Tebryn has had a total makeover.

Promotions:

Added 3 promotions

Spells:

Added 4 spells

Techs:

Changed prerequired techs for optics, way of the wise, future tech and righteousness.

Text:

Added text to "dawn of man messages" for the playable civs.

Minor changes to some other texts

Units:

Added 26 units

Added 10 unitclasses

Tweaks to several units, major tweaks to Mardero, Meshabber of Dis and Sphener.

Python Files

CvEventManager.py

Tweaks to how much armageddon counter changes

FFHSpells.py

Added some spelleffects and spellreq (actually copied and then edited existing ones)

XML-files

Added unitclasses in CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml

Changes to victoryconditions in CIV4VictoryInfo.xml

4. ozriam

ozriam Chieftain

I haven´t had time yet to adjust victory conditions, wanted them so you would win a domination victory once you had conquered all evil civs. This may be changed once I have finished the scenario myself. Once i have changed it i will edit the first post.

5. TheBoatman

TheBoatman Warlord

Which FFH2 version is the scenario for?

6. ozriam

ozriam Chieftain

It´s made with and for FFH2 023 c including the extra media files.

7. Draconian

Draconian Templar of Doom

Great Map!

Spoiler :
    At first I destroyed all undefended burrows and ruins with my starting warrior and scout. Well almost all, the last ruin managed to spawned a lizardman before it was destroyed. Said Lizardman was going right for the still undefended Midgar. The Lizardman needed 6 turns to Midgar, my scout 7 and the warrior was still far away. Branding was going to be born in 8 turns... So I moved my Scout into a jungle near the Lizardman. The Lizardman attacked, healed there for two turns and was a bit later killed by Branding. Stupid AI, sees the whole map but can't make the right decisions based on that informations :D
    And a bit later those sneaky skeletons nearly got me. They didn't enter my borders, so I thought they would simply stay out like animals. Well, right after Branding and two warriors captured a barbarian city, it was swarmed by several bands of skeletons. Both warriors died and Branding made it only barely back to Midgar. The city was of cource lost. Meanwhile the single warrior defending Midgar had to win a ~60% fight to save my only city.

Somehow the Ljosalfar and Khazad managed to fight off the skeletons very early and proceeded to expand like there was no tomorrow (well, for the Khazad there was no. But little did they know...)
    I was seriously outresearched and outproduced. The Khazad got nearly every early wonder and I got none at all. But in the end even the vastly superior production power and technology of the Khazad was no match for Sir Belinore (sp?), Branding, Melusine, Sidhelle and the allmighty Carrow the Hunted, Adventurer-Twincast-Spellstaff-Meteor-Archmage!
    Maybe I should also mention my faithful elven allies, saving Carrow the Hunted from countless Assassins (I hate them!), sacrificing legions of units against the dwarven defences (while building up a war weariness of ~25 in their capitol) and pillaging the whole land I was going to conquer down to nothing. O Thessa, you are really, really lucky that ancient forests can't catch fire :mad:

At the moment the whole starting landmass is controlled by me and my ally Thessa and I'm building a fleet to explore the rest of the map. Maybe I'll conquer the Elohim as well, I can allways need some more Air Nodes for Sir Belinore.
    As you can probably tell, I'm having much fun on your map :goodjob:

Oh and maybe you should take away the "can move through impassable terrain" ability from rangers and beastmasters. At the moment you can simply use them to run through the mountains instead of building ships.

8. clut

clut Warlord

I'm looking forward to trying this out.

9. ozriam

ozriam Chieftain

Thanks Draconian! I`m glad you liked it. I thought about doing what you suggested, but if you play as Thessa that`s probably the strategy to use and this also means the two first barbarian cities you conquer will have more meaning in the game. If you can hold those two cities you will defend the whole starting land. Feel free to make the change yourself though.

10. greatorder

greatorder Chieftain

how do u play FFH2? ive checked scenarios and it isn't in there,
    PLEASE HELP
    AND I HAVE PATCH 3.19 INSTALLED

11. MightyOne

MightyOne Crazy Scientist

Scenarios? I think you should try Advanced>Load a mod. Of course you must place folder in the right path (.../Civilization IV/BeyondTheSword/Mods)

;)

12. Makarius

Makarius Chieftain

Hi, the download is not available any more.

Greeting:

Makairus