1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall From Heaven 2 psycho AC..

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Krieger66, May 9, 2010.

1. Krieger66

Krieger66 Lord of all things necro

I am playing the calabim civilization(aka vampire kingdom:goodjob:) and I have ashen veil holy city as well as state religion. Hyborem has entered the world, and a few turns later I get hit simotaneously by a holy preemptive strike in the zombified ass and the plague effect from a high Apocalypse Counter.:mad:

meaning I am basically losing 40 food a turn in cities with all possible health producing buildings, and about 100 points from my score per turn, not only that but I am the only person affected. Only in the ashen veil cities does this seem to happen, strike that only in MY ashen veil cities....

leaving an otherwise avid fan of this mod asking wtf:cry:

2. Emptiness

Emptiness []

If you are not using the latest version of the mod, you should probably update. For a while there was a bug that was causing the :yuck: from Blight to be almost double what is intended. Patching to the latest version will correct that problem.

The AI also suffers from Blight, and can potentially have its cities starve down to size one. This usually does not happen, however, because the AI is fairly good about building +:health: buildings and getting :health: resources. If your populations are dropping and the AIs' populations are not, then you may not have done as good a job. Don't forget to trade for :health: resources that are beyond your reach, and remember that some +:health: buildings need resources to function. For example, a Granary provides no :health: bonus if you don't have access to any grain resources.

Be aware that you only see the "smog" effect in unhealthy cities that you own. This is one of the main factors perpetuating the misconception that the AI does not suffer from Blight. If you enter worldbuilder you will be able to see the "smog" on all cities, and can confirm that cities belonging to other civs have been hit with :yuck:.

The Calabim have a fairly simple way to lessen the damage from Blight: Feast. Have your Vampires consume population until your cities stop losing population. If you have all the :health: buildings in all your cities then you should have Vampires by now.

3. Krieger66

thats the problem all my cities are at level 1 population and still negative, they apparently keep the larger penalty even after a drop in population...I have pretty much every health building: granary, hunters cabin, the other two early buildings, aquaduct, and the building from the medicine tech. I have most of the health resources too, except possibly clams and that will not make a big difference in my much smaller capital

I just downloaded a week ago so Im sure it is up to date...

4. Sephi

Sephi Deity

patch is a seperate download...

look into first post of FFH bug thread

5. Pickly

Pickly Prince

Blight unhealth also decreases at something like 1 per turn, so even as your city population drops, blight unhealth will still likely be an issue.

6. Honor

Honor Immortal

Raising the AC only directly benefits the Sheaim (there are also quite a free civs that get affected marginally or do not get affected at all because of their innate characteristics - undead, mechanical, shade, etc). If you want to play the doombringer, I suggest you pick them in your next go around.

7. Krieger66

I do I thought vampires were counted as undead for that purpose:confused:....I thought the guy who brought in Hyboream would not get affected by the apocalypse actually:blush:

but I have another issue, does anyone know what tech you need for permanent alliances besides feudalism(and having it enabled in the settings of course:lol:)

8. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

FfH's Vampires are very much living. They represent the Body sphere, associated with all the basest emotions and desires of living things.

I don't think you need another tech besides Feudalism to get a Permanent Alliance directly, but it is rather hard to get one without having a Defensive Pact first and Defensive Pacts require Honor. (I don't consider it fair to ban defensive pacts in games when The Empyrean is blocked or if you are playing as an Agnostic leader, so I let Feudalism and Honor both allow Defensive Pacts in my modmod.) The AI has a minimum of around 40 turns in which you must have a Defensive pact or common war before it will even consider agreeing to a PA, and I don't think I've ever seen one agree using only the common war option.

9. Krieger66

That must be why I can have my vampire lich:goodjob:
    :confused:

Its not the ai not agreeing, so much as the option not showing up....:(

10. coelocanth

coelocanth Chieftain

There is a game option to allow permanent alliances - make sure that is on if you want them in your game.

11. Bluebags

Bluebags Warlord

If you really have enabled it, that sounds a bit odd. In my current game I had Hyborem, Auric Ulvin and Keelyn begging for PA's, in spite of the fact I was probably one of the weaker civilizations at the time.

12. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

If you want to see the true terror of Blight... Well...

Calabim + Sacrifice the Weak + farm spamming = ...
    Spoiler :

Attached Files: