Fall from Heaven II on Mac?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Passer2000, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Passer2000

Passer2000 Chieftain

Hi there. I'm thinking of going back to FfH II. (By the way, it's amazing to see that the community is still alive seven years after I first played it.) But the problem is I'm using iOS instead of Windows now. I can run the steam version of Civ IV but FfH II doesn't seem to be working. I wonder if anyone had such a problem before and knows how to solve it. Thanks.

2. Sto

Sto Should i code today ...

I'm not sure but i don't think iOS can handle the changes made in the dll. A friend used to run a windows virtual machine on his mac to be able to play FfH.
    hope this help.

Passer2000 likes this.
  3. lfgr

lfgr King

Mods with custom DLLs, such as Fall from Heaven, don't work on mac. You'll have to use a virtual machine such as virtual box or wine (which may or may not work).

Passer2000 likes this.
  4. Passer2000

Passer2000 Chieftain

Thanks for the advice. I tried Wine and it worked for vanilla, More Naval AI, ExtraModMod, and MagisterModMod. Master of Mana Extended and Ashes of Erebus didn't work but I think it's enough for me.

5. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

if you can tell me the specific issues you had with Ashes of Erebus if you can, i'd be interested in seeing if i can fix them to make the mod work on Wine

6. Passer2000

Passer2000 Chieftain

I noticed that I didn't use the "original release" the first time when I tried Ashes of Erebus. It turns out that I can actually play AoE but it crashes more often than the vanillas during the setup maps stage. Also, I get the following two messages whenever I try to enter the game. error1.png error2.png

I still cannot play Master of Mana Extended even if I use the original release.

7. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

ok, thanks for the report, i'll look into it.