Fall From Heaven Leader's Tale - Valledia the Even

@Rex:

Go ahead :yup: !

@Ben:

Please tell me if your problems persist - if so, I'll upload the patch for you to download it exclusively :) .

@Rex:

Just take the latest available save, since EverNoob is AWOL...

CoE has been spread to the new conquest, and my mages are ready to take Straatus. After that, Domir will be taken. I really want to make a side trip to a random religion to get an inquisitor to purge the AV from our land. FoL would be preferable, but we already have OO. Also, Faeryl is CoE, I don't remeber reading that. Story to come.

The Screams grew louder. The women shrieked as their husbands were driven out into the street and were slain. The smell of blood intensified as Dain neared the center of the city. There the mages of Agares had gathered, the students of Firesoul. They were in a great tower throwing down fiery death on all those who came within range, Balseraph or Amurite. Dain spokke a few words and he became invisible. He approached the tower, now able to see the faces of the Ritualists. Firesoul stood in the center, his face contorted with hatred, and he barked out incantations. A few swordsmen and their quarry immediatly were incinerated.

The smell of burnt flesh reached Dain's nose. He held back vomit as he came nearer to the mages, still undercover. All over the walls of the fortress were blood and pentagrams. Demonic words etched into the wall in scorches. This was pure evil.

Dain became furious at the murderers around him. The fire inside him exploded in his voice and a great fireburst from his hands. There was a great flash, then nothing.

Dain woke up several hours later, as he was found by several mages and sworsmen, looking fo survivours.

"M'lord, do you know what caused the fire? We was fightin' a great demon when flames came from the tower towards us. We thought we was all goners. Then the flame burned the demon, leaving us unharmed. The entire city, the Ritualist, the Buildings, the Balseraphs were killed. Only the Amurites survived. Gaudium, city of the Stigmata is gone."

Dain stood up, at the ashes and ruins surrounding him. The taint would be stopped.

OOC:
Razed Gaudium, and captured Domir and Straatus.
We completed CoL, Warfare, and have 3 turns to Elementalism.
We are still at war with Perp(he would only give us a map as tribute, and he has no army to counterattack)
Varn founded the Order.
The Ac dropped 4 points
Since Faeryl is now CoE, I decided to start Gibbon in Cevedes, in case she tries to get him.
Some sworsmen are City raider. the main army is in Domir, inlcuding our 4 mages.
Perp has horsmen.
I killed the Trojan horse with fireballs.

Hi-

I'm back from San Francisco now. I won't be able to play until monday evening however. Its nice to see that we are back to where we were when i left (lol!- too bad about Evernoob disappearing).

If everyone agrees, I'd sign peace because
a) Our troops are all on east and there are not enough troops on west to press on to Balseraph mainland
b) Real reason: Our War Weariness is high (about 3 :unhappy: in most cities) so most cities have revolters
c) Let's give our people an illusion that we listen to them :) With AV holy city destroyed and everything of strategic value in our hands, signing peace would be in character.

The Glorious Peace and the Fall of Balseraph Empire

With Amurite army conquering cities on both west and east, it seemed like everything the Amurites hoped for was achieved. Balseraph army was crushed and torn apart, despite their fanatical resistance and even fielding undead Drowns, the Amurite discipline proved to be key factor. This was especially noticeable somewhere in the middle of the war when Amurites learned how to capture cities efficiently and how to use siege equipment.

Valledia argued with her generals. Some wanted to press on the attack into Balseraph mainland, but Valledia thought this was unnecessary risk. She wanted to sign peace, and the main reason she wanted to do this was to sooth the populace. They knew that the Unholy City was destroyed, that the danger has gone and that no more cultists will plague the world. They cheered at this achievement, but soon they started to wonder why the war still rages, why are their husbands and sons still somewhere far away.

The messenger that met the Perpentach said that the Clown King didn't look all that insane. He claims that the King looked very sane, worried and calculative. The messenger felt uncomfortably as he felt like Perpentach was trying to read his mind, go into his thoughts. Still, King had no option but to sign a humiliating peace, that acknowledged that three Balseraph cities will stay in Amurite control and that Balseraphs will accept the responsibility for the destruction of Unholy City. It also put an end to all Balseraph aspirations on Amurite lands. Balseraphs didn't seem to mind. A great celebration of peace was held at the same night in Grand Jubilee. Valledia did the same in her own capitol, Cevedes, where she personally came to see the feast.

Citizens were delighted by her visit, and Valledia even summoned some extra planar creatures to impress the audience.

This scroll was written by an Talrun Ehven, a merchant of Cevedes, and gives us an insight of development of Amurite Republic from Year 343. – 358.

Generals that yearned to fight were offered to lead the Red Banner Army to take the city of Brakkah. Three regiments were dispatched. The city was taken easily, it took far more casualties to reach the city than to take it, as the path was hard, exhausting, full of lizardmens, orcs, and wild animals, like bears and wolves. But the city had plenty fertile vineyards.

CoE spread to most of the cities, when it spreads the unrest reduces... Whether they like religion or the Nightwatch does something, we won't ask.
Two adepts are waiting to improve the node.

Research set to Arcane Lore, but nothing is invested yet.

Attachments

• Valledia AD-0358.CivBeyondSwordSave
    271.7 KB · Views: 78
There it goes. I renamed some of our units that didn't have unique names (Red Banner 1st, 2nd and 3rd regiment, two adepts became Pelazor Olesh and Thiago Camor, hunter Za-Gor-Te-Nay, warriors in cities to [cityname] Militia)
I hope you like the scroll : )

Top Bottom