Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

I'm sure you would then create FFPlusPlus :)

Haha something like that... Would just keep working on the other things I have planned. :lol:

Actually WarKirby's screenshot is with a slightly outdated version of the Civic screen. I've touched up one or two things since then...

Why must you taunt us so? ;)

Actually WarKirby's screenshot is with a slightly outdated version of the Civic screen. I've touched up one or two things since then...

Feel free to show the lastest version :)

As far as I can tell that thread you linked for how to install FF with the new FFH is not started by Warkirby and doesn't tell how to install it with the new version. Please forgive me if I am wrong, but please also tell me where (like what page) I could find the guide to using the mod.

As far as I can tell that thread you linked for how to install FF with the new FFH is not started by Warkirby and doesn't tell how to install it with the new version. Please forgive me if I am wrong, but please also tell me where (like what page) I could find the guide to using the mod.

FF is currently in the transition between 3.17 and 3.19 (BtS versions)
If your Beyond the Sword is patched up to the latest version, which is 3.19. Then I believe it isn't possible to play FF at the moment. This will of course, be fixed in the next patch, but currently FF is only compatible with the slightly older 3.17 version.

If you have 3.17, installing FFH and it's patches, then FF 0.50 and it's patch N, and then my unofficial patch, will get everything working. If you have 3.19, there is presently no way to play FF, unless you reinstall BtS and only patch up to 3.17

But we're working on it!

[to_xp]Gekko;8234324 said:
aside from that, are you taking a close look at the great job Turinturambar, Skyre Noktis and Sephi are doing on the AI? those guys rock. I'm playing Wild Mana right now and it's incredible. check out the changelog for the upcoming version, it's amazing. that stuff just HAS TO be in FF 051 :D

speaking of AI, does anyone know where notque has gone? O.o

Second this. I'm playing a regular FFh game with Turin's Economic AI mod just to try it, and holy cow, what a difference.. I'm usually #1 by far in tech (I play on the 2nd difficulty down from diety, whatever it's called) but at 250 turns in my current game as Elohim, I'm only #5, and the lowest score player is only 220 below. Very impressive.. I don't know if I can even go back to playing without it now, much as I love FF/FFPlus. Too tired of passing out techs/worldbuildering markets and cottages...

Not to mention, I forgot how much faster FFh turns process... turn 250 and still popping up as soon as I hit enter.. *cough cough*

Not to mention, I forgot how much faster FFh turns process... turn 250 and still popping up as soon as I hit enter.. *cough cough*

:D

yeah, I really hope the FF team managed to get it to run faster with 051. my cpu kinda sucks and long waits between the turns ruin the fun for me, even on very small maps with few AIs. the endgame is where the real fun sits for me, but when turns get ridicolously slow I just freak out. I'd be quite happy to give away most of the processor-intensive FF features, and just be left with the fixes/tweaks/interface overhaul if it meant being able to actually enjoy the game instead of just waiting for my computer to think :lol:

oh well, I guess you can't have the cake and eat it too... although the FF team has already come out with amazing things in the past, so let's just wait and see how 051 fares with game speed. hopefully they optimized everything that could be optimized. :)

Well, we'll come up with the fun toys and new tricks, and other people can cannibalize out what actually works into stripped down or alternative modifications which might work faster :) I've had a couple of ideas for enhancing speed of the game as a whole, but thus far most of them have resulted in catastrophic breakdown of the entire system and I had to scrap them.

Worth mentioning in that light that Sephi's mod also contains AI pathfinding improvement that allegedly improves turn speed by 10-30%.

Second this. I'm playing a regular FFh game with Turin's Economic AI mod just to try it, and holy cow, what a difference.. I'm usually #1 by far in tech (I play on the 2nd difficulty down from diety, whatever it's called) but at 250 turns in my current game as Elohim, I'm only #5, and the lowest score player is only 220 below. Very impressive.. I don't know if I can even go back to playing without it now, much as I love FF/FFPlus. Too tired of passing out techs/worldbuildering markets and cottages...

I've just had a look at that and the method is actually pretty similar to what I did in Python (based on what Notque had already done) which would have been the Patch O release, until 3.19 happened. It does seem to be a bit more detailed though, so I'll be trawling it for ideas of how to further improve things.

One thing I noticed though is a lot of checks in canBuild, which we know from profiling to be a fairly heavy cpu-area for the sheer number of times it's called. By the sounds of it FfH is ok with the speed there though...

I've just had a look at that and the method is actually pretty similar to what I did in Python (based on what Notque had already done) which would have been the Patch O release, until 3.19 happened. It does seem to be a bit more detailed though, so I'll be trawling it for ideas of how to further improve things.

One thing I noticed though is a lot of checks in canBuild, which we know from profiling to be a fairly heavy cpu-area for the sheer number of times it's called. By the sounds of it FfH is ok with the speed there though...

Good to know you're keeping an eye on them. The two AI mods together (Turin's and I forget the other one, Sephi's is a compliation of the two afaik) with FF would be really rad.

There are a lot of civ-specific improvements, like Luchiurp golem buildings and Lanun coving, which might be the details you mention.

/em rereads this thread for the 5th time in 3 days hoping for updates or teasers

Oh what the heck, I'll toss out some incredibly obscure hints about some of the major features:

Vehem will enjoy giving full details on it, but: Commanders

I am not sure if WarKirby even knows about it since it was done before he joined, but: Werewolves

And winning the award for the absolute most obscure (not that you'll actually guess what we really did for the other two...): Treasure Chests

Have fun speculating :evil:

I'll guess that werewolves can turn between a human and werewolf form with possibly their own civ a prereq tech of feral bond to turn ravenous into blooded and all new art.

That and hopefully Werewolf works like it's supposed to.

Top Bottom