Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Vehem, Sep 23, 2008.
I have UAC off.
So is the expanded alignment implemented yet? The Pedia text still says only religion alters alignment, so I'm not sure.
Broader Alignments used to be in every FF game, but when Xienwolf joined the team he made BA a game option, that was FF 042 I believe.
So is it an option in Fall Further?
Yes, it's towards the bottom of the options list.
BIG BIG BIG BIG graphic annoyance. I have campaigned for this change since the dawn of man yet nothing has been done on vanilla ffh2. So I take this to the people of fall further.
Can the FF dev team PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASE make a new Arquebruisers (I believe thats how its spelt) graphic. Its used so often in the endgame I feel that it is really odd for it to look like it came from the pilgrims of the 1500's. So please consider a change to make it a bit more fantasy like. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW FFH2 Ice changelog has been released!!!!!!!
If you can point us in the direction of some suitable units, we'd love to include them. There just seems to be a lack so far. I have only vague model editing knowledge (creating/skinning components such as weapons or one of Kahd's heads in Blender) and so far as I know none of the others have really experimented too much in that direction.
I might be able to do something with the heads/skins, but it'd be superficial compared to the work SeZ has done on the main units.
Here is some art taken from the Malakim+ Modular mod in the FF forum, personally I love it, it looks so much better. It has the old age feel with the fantasy flair. Maybe recolor it a little and change a few things, but as of now its marvelous!
EDIT: Quick question, why was sacrifice the weak civic nerfed in this mod? I felt it was fine in vanilla FFH2, the 1.5 food consumed food per population change compared to the 1 per pop is a major nerf. As of now you need a city of 8 just to gain actual benifit from the civic city wise due to the +4 unhealth you inherit, (asuming you already had unhealth) which is really odd because then you have to build health buildings which kind of kills the whole evil sacrifice others civic.
So is their any intent on changing it back? Right now all it does is basically give you an extra population and 10% more gold at the cost of 20% GPP rate, if it was 1 food per pop, like it is in vanilla ffh, then you would benifit much more. 1 less food per 2 population just doesnt cut it when you lose 4 food from the unhealth. But 1 per 1 is much better.
Anyways thats just my thoughts, if you could write back with why the change was implemented in the first place I might change my mind about how it is currently.
1. Caravels now upgrade to Frigates.
2. Fixed issue with Divided Souls disappearing after one turn.
3. Scions "Grant Gift" spells can now only be used on living Scions units.
4. Concept entries added to 'pedia for some Scions mechanics.
5. Pelemoc gains "Gift of Succor" spell.
6. Legate, Revenant, Doomsayer and Doomgiver no longer require Emperor's Mark.
7. Emperor's Dagger no longer requires God King.
8. Sons of Asena are now correctly UNITCOMBAT_MELEE.
9. Patrian Bazaar is now a unique Money Changer rather than it's own building class.
10. Spirit Mill now gives happiness from Deer.
11. Shrine to Kylorin now costs 50 hammers (previously 60).
12. Scions UB and UU prereqs handled without reference to TECH_THE_GIFT.
13. Added "True Pilgrim" units (Reborn unit that is buildable with God King)
14. Fixed some graphics issues with Scions units that caused some members of the unit to appear human.
15. Fixed strategy entry for "Glory" civic.
16. Miscast mechanic implemented (when a unit Miscasts, it will gain a "Burnout" promotion. Miscasting is only currently possible when affected by a negative Scions spell)
17. Infernals specific yield 0/1/1 on Burning Sands.
18. Infernals specific yield 0/2/0 on Field of Perdition.
19. Infernals specific yield 0/0/2 on Broken Lands.
20. Improved feedback for promotion degradation.
21. Scions awakening chance added to Main Interface for Scions Civs (next to mana display).
22. Ghastly Dragoon promotion added (undead horsies).
23. Broken Promotion added (recovery mechanic for Ghastly Dragoons).
24. Fixed issue with capturing Brigit and losing promotions.
25. War Elephant upgrades returned to standard upgrade mechanic (<iMinLevel>1 now works correctly).
26. Infernals/Mercurians will only spawn if they have not already been in the game (for cases where players choose to unlock them as starting Civs using the custom civ settings).
27. Fixed XP limit in Worldbuilder (did have low limit due to decimal XP changes, now as before).
28. In One City Challenges, Alcinus's Keep may be constructed in the Capital (normally he's exiled to do his experiments further away from the tomb).
29. Korrina may not be gifted if she chooses the Red Path.
30. Fixed XP issues when converting units from GhostWalker<->Haunt.
31. Fixed Negative Unit Upkeep costs from <iExtraSupport> (used by some Scions units)
32. Fixed Trophy button (was invisible).
33. Improved Defensive AI. AI cities will now defend much more effectively against Barbarians/other players.
34. Increased iFreeUnits allowed per difficulty level (AI was crippling itself when trying to defend against barbarians by having high unit costs).
35. AI much more likely to settle/attack overseas in the early game using Galley units.
36. AI values Education and Sailing more than previously.
37. Haunted Land mechanic reworked. Living units in Haunted Lands may fall victim to a number of "spooky" effects.
oh yeah! thanx for the new patch FF team. time to start a new game
Quick answer version: No new art so far because none of the team are artists But supplied art like this is always good. I'd like it if they happened to look like the guys from Last Exile personally
And for the civic, it was a hands-down No-Brainer to run it ALL the time if you could. That is why it was changed.
I thought of a new sidar building. Now in the civilopedia in the leader of the sidars page ( I forgot his name) it mentions his figure blending in with the mist, almost as if he were one with them. I thought, why not have a special sidar building that acts as the illian temple of the white hand, but instead adds a mistlike improvement around the city. Like the haunted lands blue aura, but more transperent and grey. This aura would give sidar units within it a 10% withdrawl rate and an extra first strike chance. If something like this was implemented that would be great.
I just always wanted to see the Sidar lands reflect the fact that a good number of them are shades, it would look so cool if this was put in.
Please change the dwarven cannon art, steal it from Orbi's mod.
Oh yeah Dwarven cannon, as well as the normal cannon *Bleh*. Maybe a little touch ups, its not that bad though at all. Not nearly as bad as Arquebus.
To the FF dev team. Any plans to add more Civilizations that are NOT humans? I just realized how few non human races their actually are. Okay its not THAT few, but still. More undead civs would be totally welcomed. (scions are AMAZING) I totally want to see a hell bent civ that is lead by demons vampires and the undead. A mix of the evils. That would be awesome. Anyways I notice all I do is ask ask ask for more, but fail to say how amazing it is what you guys have done. So awesome job on making FFH2 better than it already is.
EDIT: With "Ice" announced, any plans on integrating the new features EXCLUDING SCENARIOS. If I want to play a scenario I will load vanilla FFH, but if I don't I will play FF. So will you guys add the base game changes only, and when? For example the amazing change to drill and removal of many top tier buildings.
EDIT EDIT: Forgot to say, last patch (patch D) you got a VERY ANNOYING aura when building the nox noctis or dies dee. Dies has this blinding sun border, and Nox makes everything look so drably dark. It's so annoying I have not played any civs with synergies to those religions nor played the religions since. So I got to ask did you take away that effect with this patch, if not, will you?
The latest final Ice changes will almost all be included, yes. Couple to look at where they fit with changes we already have, but most will be in.
Aye - that's gone (it was removed a while back, but snuck back into D).
Patch E didn't include a few files (or had slightly old versions). Shouldn't have been anything major, but when I compared the install to the current dev version, there were a few files that hadn't been included properly.
1. Includes a few files that were missing or outdated in PatchE (we're moving to an SVN based system and I had a few teething issues).
i was playing with arcos and i could n´t build a adept. i have patch e.
(moved from the FF 042 thread)
Just wanted to say -- the addition of the automated caps to avoid angry cities was a great idea! Thanks! That feature by itself makes FF leagues better than any other mod!
On the other hand one thing I noticed is the propensity for AI civs to adopt all too eagerly the same religion as the leading civ, even when it doesn't make much sense, or when others have been founded and are obviously available. Evil civs adopting good religions (and vice-versa) should only happen as the result of coercion, such as the consequence of vassalage/conquest. I play standard Erebus maps typically with 8 AI civs, and almost invariably 6 or 7 of them spontaneously adopt the leading civ's religion. It's unfortunate as it takes away part of the flavor of the game. Anything can be done about that?
I've been getting a lot of FoL Sheaim in my games recently :\.
I think it's whoever gets whatever religion first, provided that's the leading Civ at the time, and everybody else adopts the leader's religion.
Separate names with a comma.