Fall of Cuantine feedback

I managed to win a Domination Victory before even coming within sight of the Overlord Holy city. Just continuing seemed to work, but alternate victory conditions should probably be disabled.

Wel, now I don't feel so stupid! Same thing happened to me,

Its probably my/our playing style. Instead of going right after the Lanun, I took a bunch of barbarian cities, built up, etc. And I won by domination.

If you go to the next scenario after winning by domination, it appears that you don't get the choice; it puts you with the Calabim. However, I just played to the 'end' of the scenario and destroyed the OO holy city and I did get the choice (and went with the Malakim).

LOT'S OF FUN!

Best wishes,

Breunor

I am still playing this scenario, I have a question:

a message box popped up saying something about a commander thanking me for getting rid of a barrow or something. problem is that I just clicked "ok" without reading the thing, so now I'm curious about what it was talking about. can anyone explain? :)

p.s. I am still at the "go in the southern jungle and get rid of the freaks' lair" if that is of any importance... I'm turtling to paladin before going out and slaugthering everyone :D

Just popping in to say I really enjoyed this scenario. It wasn't too long or difficult (I played Emperor) and introduced Decius's storyline in a compelling way. I also got used to the new mechanics like supplies and the great general in the beginning, which helped a lot in the succeeding scenarios. Great job!

The supplies unit was Kael's idea for elsewhere, but I find it works great here as well, giving the player the chance to have developed cities of their choice without giving them everything, or even allowing them to move them along with their settlers elsewhere and start with useful cities.
The Decius unit is there to give you something fun to play with even when you are at low tech levels, and I think it helps to envision your leader in the thick of things.

a message box popped up saying something about a commander thanking me for getting rid of a barrow or something.
It is supposed to transfer some catapults to your control, but I think that they are still held, we'll get that cleared up.

Hmm, Im only playing for a few turns now but I find it odd that Sabathiel researches the Order, though he already has the Holy City!
I know what you mean, mechanics wise, but I think of it more as developing the theology of the religion when all that you have are some fables or a few commandments or such.

On Monarch difficulty the Lanun didnt offer any opposition
A recent patch (e) gave them some more techs and a few more units, and removed the forge in your starting city. Which patch did you start the scenario with, if you remember?

I found the scenario quite easy (I played on emperor, my usual level, I think patch f), which I thought was OK for a first scenario in the ark. I thought Into the Desert is much harder.

One issue is that the scenario I think is easier if you wait for Rosier to fulfill the first mission; if you take your time, do some building, and take some of the barbarian cities, you are much stronger when you go to war with the Lanun. I did take my time and won a domination victory.

One potential idea to make it harder would be to make a time limit for Rosier to perform the first mission.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Just got a Thane of Kilmorph from a barrow during the scenario; I thought this was supposed to be fixed now?

And, more importantly, it no longer crashes when trying to have you pick an 8th religion.

I played on emperor and won with just Rosier, the confessor, the two starting axemen & hunters. After killing the jungle guy, I ran off north to the OO holy city and after a few 95% battles with Rosier, the city was razed.

Dumb question I guess, but has anyone tried short-circuiting this scenario and teching up mages with water-walking / fireball who...

Spoiler :
...can sit in Cuantine and take care of the Drowned so that Rosier needn't wear the mask

I liked this scenario. The story was interesting, and I particularly enjoyed having Decius and the supplies units to play around with.

There's one thing I apparently missed. After razing Cuantine, I saw the Drowned units, but I thought the only way of reaching them was with naval units, so I tried building some galleys to go kill them. Meantime, Sabathiel killed the Drowned with his own galleys, and I won the scenario. I guess that after Cuantine is razed, Rosier gets a waterwalking ability? If so, I completely missed it, so it might be good to make this a little more explicit with the scenario text.

a couple oddities I've noticed in this scenario ( patch H ) :

1) it seems like only captured lions get HN. bears, wolves and tigers don't.

2) there's a camp ( the improvement you need to harvest deer&fur ) near the jungle altar that's not on a resource. I guess it is placed with worldbuilder, it looked kinda weird though :D

I wrongly posted this in the bug thread, but here is the issue I had:
As soon as I destroy the Octopus Overlords holy city, and Rosier gets water walking, the scenario ends with me having won a religious victory. Is this intentional? The reason I suspect it is not supposed to go down that way is that in the next scenario, you are Decius as the Malakim, but you don't really get any background as to what got him expelled from the Bannor, which I assume happens at the end of this scenario.

Was that the last city the Lanun had left? If so, it would have removed them from the game and killed all their current units. I believe that the victory condition is actually killing the Drowns that spawn near Cuantine, which happens automatically if the civ looses all of its cities.

Turning the Requires Complete Kills option on would probably fix this.

I really liked this scenario. It's pretty easy, but the way that it's filled with events and objectives would be good for some of the more monotonous military grinds.

No, it was not their last city, they still had one left, on the island to the north. I was able to get the proper ending to the scenario by doing the "wait..one..more..turn" thing and killing the drowns. I am guessing that domination and religious victories should be turned off for future versions of the scenario.

I never had to kill them with Rosier either, I gathered they attacked Cuantine and died o.O

Top Bottom