Fall of Rome speculations

FridoDiamond

Chieftain
Which Civs, special rules and victory conditions do you think we'll have? In my opinion:
Civs: Western Roman Empire, Eastern Roman Empire, Persia, Celts, Vandals, Huns, Gothics(7 civs, perfect number xD)
Victory conditions: Wins who has the most points at the end of 100 turns, Rome and Constantinople will encrease your points
Special rules: Romans must choose bad social policy, but they can convert barbarians units and can annex barbarian cities spreading their religion (christianity)

civ wise, the barbarians could have a host of options.

Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Goths, Alans, Vandals, Burgundians, Saxons, Angles, Franks, Gepids, etc etc.

It just depends on what they want to play out (Migration Period moved a lot of tribes).

The scenario does need more organized barbarian tribes. Also, for the scenario to be worth while, it needs to be longer than a measly 100 turns. I think it would be more interesting if each civ had a victory city or two it needed to capture to win. Something like that would be far more interesting. For instance, if you choose to win by conquering the Western Roman Empire you have to capture Rome and Ravenna. Every civ should have two main cities (victory cities), they have to protect. When those are captured, the civ that does so wins.

something like what was done for rome: total war would be nice.

You had to conquer some key regions (different for every barbarian civ) and have a fixed number of other regions...

But I'd like to see some other victory condition that does not require only conquest too...

If I remember right I seen an interview with Ed Beach and he said that the barbarians have to take Rome and Constantinople to win. Now I can't remember which interview or the victory conditions he said for either Rome, (that or he didn't say it at all). I will try to find the interview though.

how about for east and west rome. City defense halved. And for the tribes 25% bonus versus Roman cities.

If I remember right I seen an interview with Ed Beach and he said that the barbarians have to take Rome and Constantinople to win. Now I can't remember which interview or the victory conditions he said for either Rome, (that or he didn't say it at all). I will try to find the interview though.

Great at least it is a conquest victory instead of this, do it in so many turns garbage. The point is there is nothing wrong with that, except that when 100 turns hits, I'm having a lot of fun playing.

Top Bottom