Fall patch discussion thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Skulbow, Nov 17, 2016.

1. White Out

White Out Prince

very pleased with the update so far. game is much more challenging in so far as the ai takes down cities properly now

2. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Played a game on king with Egypt intending to go for culture. The AI civs felt very aggressive. I took one city from Japan (he did the DoW) and two city states with my UU chariots, so very early on, but that was enough to make me a pariah for the rest of the game.
    Germany and Spain declared a joined war three times but it wasn't until the third time that Spain actually send some troops. Swordmen an knights that got routed by one city with one field cannon in it.
    Germany never made it to my borders, they were stuck behind two city-states that I was allied with. That got me worried because of his bonus but he was unable to take the cities. He took down the cs army but never put a dent in the city walls.
    Anyway, I didn't do any more warmongering after those two city states I took yet the relationships with every new civ I met quickly went down the drain, denounced by everyone, various war decs from civs halfway across the world that never send an army, etc.
    In the end I got fed up with everyone, especially Japan going on and on about his occupied city. Call me warmongering? I'll show you warmongering!
    Japan, Russia and Kongo didn't put up a fight but they had only two or three cities. Hoping the rest finally builds proper armies, still haven't seen a single AI airplane.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  3. spfun

spfun King

My 2nd game on immortal, same as the first. Just chained joint wars against me the entire game...

4. orasis

orasis Prince

Are you being sarcastically ironic or are you seriously not aware that that already happens in 6? If you cannot keep your people happy, eventually that city gets invaded by tons of barbarians.

nzcamel likes this.
  5. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Can someone tell me why the hell this is called a "fall patch"?

6. mnf

mnf King

Is this a bug on my computer or do nobody care that the border expansion "UI" masks out the tile completely?
    Spoiler :

Zuizgond likes this.
  7. narmox

narmox Emperor

I'd imagine it has something to do with the current season where Firaxis is based..

nzcamel likes this.
  8. Sascha77

Sascha77 Prince

Yup.. "economy" isn't even what I'd call it in Civ VI. It feels more like a "money making machine" to me.

In IV or V, getting a solid economy up and running could be quite a challenge - especially if you were running more than a handful of military units. In VI ... it just happens. Making early units maintenance-free feels a lot like a crutch for the AI to me. Think about it: If they had to pay for those huge early armies they love to run, they'd probably be bankrupt for much of the early game.

Besides: Why should early units be maintenance-free anyway? Those guys need food, equipment, etc just as much as a more modern unit does. You want to run a warlike civ with a huge army? Well.. better build up an economy that can sustain it first.

S.

Zuizgond and nzcamel like this.
  9. darko82

darko82 Emperor

So I understand the next patch will be a "winter patch", then "spring patch", which is quite ridiculous.

10. Esperr

Esperr King

I havnt noticed any difference with the AI so far in the two games Ive played.

And then maybe even a summer patch!*Gasp*

nzcamel likes this.
  11. darko82

darko82 Emperor

That would give us only four patches a year and make us wait months for many important fixes, lol.

12. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

In IV it was tied to difficulty level. On Noble you'd have lots of free units and those you payed for cost only 50% of deity upkeep. In addition deity players payed much higher upkeep for cities, while the AI got more and more discounts the higher the difficulty.

So far I haven't seen anything in terms of economy that would scale with difficulty in VI. Or are there discounts to unit/building upkeep on the lower levels? I admit I haven't examined gold flow that closely. If not, then it means the system has been designed for the average low difficulty player to be able to handle the upkeep, which makes it way too easy for more skilled players. Deity AI will also have a lot more gold to trade you, to make it even easier.

13. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Does the AI use aircraft now?

14. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

I think you are assuming a lot based on the word "fall". Maybe it is a patch they were working on over the fall period. Other patches may be more or less frequent.

nzcamel likes this.
  15. ddd123

ddd123 Prince

And who cares???
    It is as shallow as saying "nobody complained of that murder before a body was found"...
    Now we complain cause it is totally dumb and bad gameplay and it is a wrong mechanc, end of story, who cares what ppl thought 2 minutes after release.

nzcamel and agonistes like this.
  16. Zalcron

Zalcron Prince

Wish they could add demographics, All the civ games have had them apart from this one. Love to see how my nation is doing on the gnp, mfg front etc.

17. LDiCesare

LDiCesare Deity

Prior to patch, I saw 8 AI mamluks attacking a city of mine and getting slaughtered never even attacking the city.
    The patch notes say nothing aboutAI attacking cities, which is the single thing that stops me from running the game again, so if anyone actually sees an AI attacking a city in the mid/late game, I'd love to know. Getting better units is irrelevant if you can defend your 10 cities empire with 1 city and 1 unit.

Zuizgond likes this.
  18. Evs

Evs Chieftain

What difficulty ?

Do you have screenshots ?

Zuizgond likes this.
  19. chumchu

chumchu Warlord

A reasonable solution for melée units is to add an early promotion that lets them ignore terrain costs.

20. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

Soo just me or are observation balloons not working at all after the patch? Like the stacking was supposed to be gone (which it evidentially is), but now even one balloon does literally nothing as far as I can see. Still 2-range artillery, 3-range rockets

juanpavo and Tiger Genocide like this.