[Fall Patch] Zero damage unit kills not triggering tech boosts

MGBGT

Chieftain
The first game I am trying with modded Civ VI (an attempt to stay interested). I am confident I have seen this issue in unmodded Civ VI. I am using one mod, harder AI by cof125.

I do not understand the combat model of Civ VI, but I have noticed that you can take a unit down to very low HP but not kill it in combat. I did this on a turn with my slinger against a barbarian spearman unit. It moved a tile back to its camp. I then moved a single tile forward, triggered meeting Germany, quit out of that, and fought the spearman at minimal HP with my slinger.

The slinger killed the spearman. The unit disappeared. The fight textbox comes up saying I killed the unit with (0 damage) in parenthesis.

I wouldn't particularly care about this state of affairs, but there was no triggering of the tech boost for archery. I therefore believe that if you kill a unit but zero damage is given in the notification box (rounding issue?) you don't get the necessary triggering for tech boosts.

There are a few tech boosts in the game associated with kills and so I believe this issue merits investigation. Saves have been taken.

Before the kill (zduk)

After the kill (azduk)

Attachments

• CLEOPATRA 17 3600 BC zduk.Civ6Save
    746 KB · Views: 73
  • CLEOPATRA 17 3600 BC azduk.Civ6Save
    746 KB · Views: 65
Top Bottom