Fallout: New Vegas

Yeah, the licence for Fallout Online is still held by Interplay, while the Fallout franchise in general is owned by Bethesda. They keep fighting over it.

(Screw them both. Revive Black Isle Studios, return Fallout to its former glory! ;) )

Looks like 1 month and we know more.

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2012/0...he-way-following-bethesda-lawsuit-settlement/

I think they're going to continue it. They hint for 2013 so it must be quite finished already, so thats only explanation.

When it comes to morals, Skyrim is hardly better. The Stormcloaks are less obviously evil than the Legion, but they are still racist pricks and I can't see why any non-Nord character would want to join them.

I wish someone made a Fallout-like post-apocalyptic RPG set in Europe. Britain, preferably.

I just want Skyrim with guns!

Fallout in post-nuclear Nazi Scandinavia with a restored EU as the Empire ?
What did happen to Europe in the Fallout universe anyway ? The games all take place in America and the only other place that's ever mentioned is China. One assumes the rest of the world got nuked too, but as I see it the war was fought primarily between the USA ann China. Africa, Australia and Indonesia should have been left relatively unscathed.

I just want Skyrim with guns!
If that were the case, I'd be shooting down annoying bears, wolves, trolls, and saber-toothed cats with an anti-tank rifle and send them flying away.

It would be awesome if one could do stuff like this with Skyrim's upgraded engine!!
Project Nevada Mod does that for me anyway with bullet time! :p

What mods would you guys recommend for this game?
Which ones would be fine for a first-time playthrough (unofficial patches and whatnot) and which ones should be done after a complete playthrough?
Also, a list of recommended mods guide from another website would also be nice, just to skim through (I've already done a quick Google search).

Fallout in post-nuclear Nazi Scandinavia with a restored EU as the Empire ?
What did happen to Europe in the Fallout universe anyway ? The games all take place in America and the only other place that's ever mentioned is China. One assumes the rest of the world got nuked too, but as I see it the war was fought primarily between the USA ann China. Africa, Australia and Indonesia should have been left relatively unscathed.

I'd guess it would be Orwellian, with some sort of EU-bloc, but I kind of pictured a 21st century world choking on limited resources with China and the USA being the only superpower left standing enough to battle.

In the lore, what happens to China after the nuclear exchange?

What mods would you guys recommend for this game?
Which ones would be fine for a first-time playthrough (unofficial patches and whatnot) and which ones should be done after a complete playthrough?
Also, a list of recommended mods guide from another website would also be nice, just to skim through (I've already done a quick Google search).

The website I use for FNV mods is newvegasnexus.com.

The only mod I have that alters gameplay is the Perk Every Level mod, which pretty much does what it says. I like it better that way, like it was in F3.
Graphic wise, you have the MTUI (improved interface) and better crosshair. Other than that, you can replace female models and those kinds of things, but it's all personal preference. ;)

These mods I just mentioned don't change the game, so you can use them from start. I dislike mods that change the feel of the game, so I can't point you in that direction.

Thanks for posting. This bit makes me lol:

Although the Communists in China started the Great War, they couldn't finish it. Imperial remnants from places like Taiwan swiftly took the country back from the Reds, and crowned a new emperor of China. The new dynasty, however, did not like how America ended up in the Great War, and are building a massive missile to destroy the dangerous Brotherhood of Steel.

I use the Weapons Mod eXpanded and Recipes for WMX. The former adds a bunch of new weapons mods and the latter lets you craft them. I liked the weapon mod system but I pretty much never used them before. If you do use them, I suggest also getting the Weapon Mod Menu, which lets you uninstall weapons mods.

I also use Brumbek's Inventory Sorting, which attaches a prefix to all items, making them easier to find things in your inventory. I really recommend this one.

I hear there is a mod to get rid of the orange tint. I would like to get that one. There is no reason to have orange tint (other than game developers and even movie directors think tinting is cool when it is not) as the dust would surely settle after 200 years.

Thanks.
No mention of Europe after the nuclear exchange though. The war was in 2077, New Vegas takes place between 2281 and 2282 and we don't anything about Europe after 2060 (in the resource war entry).

The Euro-Middle Eastern War ends as the oil fields in the Middle East run dry... there is no longer a goal in the conflict, and both sides are reduced almost to ruin. (mentioned only in the Fallout Bible time line)
The European Commonwealth dissolves into quarreling nation states, fighting over the remaining resources.

Well, at least it seems like we still have functioning nation states instead of Roman and Mongol themed gangs.

I hear there is a mod to get rid of the orange tint. I would like to get that one. There is no reason to have orange tint (other than game developers and even movie directors think tinting is cool when it is not) as the dust would surely settle after 200 years.

So, is it the lack of realism of the orange tint that annoys you, or the actual orange tint? 'cause I get the feeling even if it were realistic to have the orange tint because it'd be within 200 years, you'd still be annoyed, in which case why bother with arguing about dust settling physics. Really, I didn't notice it much, and it certainly helped differentiating the theme a bit from Fallout 3. Many games have color themes that add to the setting, like Deus Ex. Is it that much worse than all the "realistic" brown-grey shooters out there.

I didn't mind it at first. It's only after you see screenshots of the mod with it removed that you realize the game looks a lot better without the tint.

Fellout.

I got New Vegas during the Steam Christmas sale and just started playing it today. Any advice for a NV beginner?

For your first playthrough: Talk to everybody that has a name, start with 9 INT, the most useful skills are (arguably) guns and speech, make sure you pick up either Veronica (at 188 Trading Post) or Boone (at Novac) for your permanent companion.

I got New Vegas during the Steam Christmas sale and just started playing it today. Any advice for a NV beginner?

Don't go north from Goodsprings, have at least 9 intelligence from start, don't neglect the Guns skill, pick up guns to repair them and everything else with a value to weight ratio over 10 and try not to piss off the NCR or Caesar's Legion this early in the game.

Oh, and most important, war never changes have fun! :D

Don't go north from Goodsprings, have at least 9 intelligence from start, don't neglect the Guns skill, pick up guns to repair them and everything else with a value to weight ratio over 10 and try not to piss off the NCR or Caesar's Legion this early in the game.

Oh, and most important, war never changes have fun! :D

High INT is not really that helpful in NV compared to Fallout 3. I definitely recommend 7 or more END for the ability to install implants. And 6 or more strength is good for wielding weapons.

Going through the main quest awards you one of the best houses, IMO, pretty early.

For your first playthrough: Talk to everybody that has a name, start with 9 INT, the most useful skills are (arguably) guns and speech, make sure you pick up either Veronica (at 188 Trading Post) or Boone (at Novac) for your permanent companion.

If you pick up Dude-killer perk, you can get Arcade Gannon (Mormon Fort in Freeside) as a companion. He's pretty awesome in a gunfight (Plasma defender on rapid fire with no ammo consumption) and his end quest "old long song" has awesome rewards.

And as I'm near endgame with a high Int (and 100% in both science and speech) I'd say that it is useful, even on hardcore. NV is pretty balanced between conversation choice and combat for getting what you want. The only time I couldn't resolve a situation through conversation or questing was to kill Big Sal in Gomorrah, or to fight my way out of the Legion Camp because I didn't feel like killing Benny.

Top Bottom