Fallout: SaberNes

Hey everyone. I'n very, very sorry, but am no longer able to continue running this NES, mostly because my own stats system has broken both my legs. That is, I've fully realized that my system is really stupidly crowded. As a result, I can't reall modivate my selft to update them.

With that in mind, however, I plan to start a new NES within a couple of weeks, using a massivly streamlined system and a new, original setting. Which is also part of the problem, I had plans for this NES that would take it so far away from the original to have fairly little cnnection to the name Fallout. My new setting is planned to resolve this.

In short, putting this game to bed, but plan to start a new one, more simlified play and a new setting that hopefully will capture the spirit of this one with more flexabilty for all of us. I do hope you'll join me for it.

That's to bad, as this game was getting interesting. I'll sure to join the next one.
Besides streamlining the stats, may I recommend either increasing the average size of an empire, or decreasing the starting area? It's probably because of where I started more than anything else, but I didn't even get close to meeting another player.

Also, if you do do something similar, can I ask for more realistic population numbers? populations in the 100s is NOT enough to maintain a viable population (Especially with all the problems associated with radiation.)

I would say this was a good NES, empire size and population wise. The empire size should not be changed. 1 town or city is near enough. Send expeditions. I was about to send atrade caravan to New Jerusalem. Population in the 100s are ok, such a population could be self sustaining. The maximum population for the (completely isolated) North Sentenel Islanders is estimated to be 500.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Sentinel_Islanders

Stats:
The "skill" concept seems broken and overdone to me. I never figured out how to use it, moreover, it seems to be to determenistic in limiting how the group of people evolves.

The plan I have so far will still involve players starting with fairly small groups, but there will be a far large NPC population, so a starting population of a few hundred will be more viable.

As a result, I have two plans for now
1)a global NES, with a number of larger empires/nations that the player factions are either between or a part of, or
2) A continent restricted start, with players have less direct interfirence by NPS early on, but still with a sizable "unaligned" pop, with overseas NPC slowly making themselves know. In this case, I would likely restrict players to North America, unless players would really perfer somewhere else.

Top Bottom