Fanatikan Names For Quellewasser Province

Approval of the List of Fanatikan Names Proposed for Quellewasser Province

• Yes -- I approve the slate of names posted by the Langrave Feodor

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No -- I disapprove of this slate of names.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Return for Revision -- I could approve of this slate of names if suitably edited.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Feodor Ardent

Grizzled 'ol Civ Veteran
In accordance with Fanatikan law, I have posted new names for approval for the cities in the key border province of Quellewasser. Please vote or comment as you see fit. I have noted below translations from ancient to modern Fanatikan for each name:

Nagasaki to Grüner Hügel – “Green Hill”

Fukushima to Gebirgssenke – “Mountain Vale”

Chittagong to Hohenweisse – “High Waters”

Pune to Zwischenholz – “Between the Woodlands”

Larsa to Schönverläss – “Beautiful Leaves”

Jaipur to Rassenblume -- “Vale of Flowers”

Yrs,

Langrave Feodor Ardent of Quellewasser
Deputy Minister for Military Affairs
Colonel General of the Fanatiker-Heer
Major General of Volunteers

hullo, Feodor :)

you used an online translator to convert english to german, right ?
May i try to correct somethings ?
Schönverläss (Jarsa) – “Beautiful Leaves” >> 'verläss' means 'leaves' in the sense of leaving. It should be something like "Schönne Blättern".
'Rassenblume' is also somewhat innacurate, i think. I can't remember the word for Vale, though :)
Is there a german in the forums? help us out :)

As soon as i get home i'll look into the translations, if you'd like me to :)

~ikey

you used an online translator to convert english to german, right ? As soon as i get home i'll look into the translations, if you'd like me to . . .
Not a problem. The names are not in German, but in Classical Fanatakin, and quite deliberately so. I take full responsibility for any grammatical variations.

I expected someone to notice the diversion from the Babelfish translations. I used to give certain Elvish scholars fits when I was writing stories for Middle-earth. I prefer names that sound good to me over the precise translations.

Feodor

I voted YES. I like them all. Good work.

Originally posted by Feodor Ardent

Not a problem. The names are not in German, but in Classical Fanatakin, and quite deliberately so. I take full responsibility for any grammatical variations.

I expected someone to notice the diversion from the Babelfish translations. I used to give certain Elvish scholars fits when I was writing stories for Middle-earth. I prefer names that sound good to me over the precise translations.

Feodor

Ah yes, the old debate about form vs. correctness... I'm with ya Feodor!

hullo all :)

i didn't know a thing about classical fanatikin :) so, just ignore that last post. ^.^
then, the names sound great!

~ikey
(not meddling anymore :p)

Top Bottom