Fanatikan National Science Department Term One- The start of a new nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

In Retrospect
This is the national Science Department for are nation. Give me acouple of secs to get things started.

Queue as proposed by stuck:

1. ceremonial burial
2. iron working
3. mysticism
4. polytheism
5. monarchy
6. alphabet
7. writing
8. the wheel
9. literature
10. pottery
11. map making
12. horseback riding
13. masonry
14. philosophy
15. code of laws
16. republic
17. math
18. construction
19. currency

This is a good queue, but their are some things I would have done differantly:

1: Monarchy that early? I personal use The Republic even during war.

2: I think we need to get literature sooner.... NOT for the Great Library, but for the regular libraries. I think that this game will include wars upon wars and I do think that we need the war techs, but we need to get them first and increasing are technological research sooner will give us a good lead against the AI's.(also for those periods when we have to drop research down to 0% or 10%)

3: We need horseback riding before map making. Those horse's make nice explorers and can be used for battle.

Once we get some differant side's going here I'll post some polls on the information to see which is publicly approved.

Queue Discussions:
Science Queue Discussions Thread

Current Poll:
Science Poll

Other Science Threads
Stucks Science Department Thread

Welcome back Strider. There is some serious work to be done on the science queue. ;)

Strider: in the old thread, you asked if you get to name a city. Yes, you do! One of the perks of holding office. City naming starts with honored citizens, if any, then goes down the CoC. IIRC, you'll get to name 4 city.

Yeah, whereas the governors who do all the work get nothing, NOTHING!! Oh well.
I think if we are going to have any meaningfull discussions about science we should invent language as soon as possible!!

AH! Gotta go save my secret doughnut stash from Octavian X!!

I'm going to create a poll with the options:

Civanator
Curufinwe
Abstain

Whoever gets the most votes is the chat rep.

Well.... It's to hard a choice to chose between curu and civ.....

you all probably already know my position on this issue, but id like to refresh your memories:
we need monarchy as soon as possible because our workers only operate at fifty percent efficiency under despotism.
i believe our best option is the ceremonial burial/iron working/mysticism/polytheism proposal.

neutral leader is a good, responsible provincial governor

Originally posted by neutral leader
you all probably already know my position on this issue, but id like to refresh your memories:
we need monarchy as soon as possible because our workers only operate at fifty percent efficiency under despotism.
i believe our best option is the ceremonial burial/iron working/mysticism/polytheism proposal.

neutral leader is a good, responsible provincial governor

It sounds nice.... but it doesn't feel good to me(the feeling I get when I forget a key tech in my queue ;))

Originally posted by neutral leader
if you have any suggestions for modifications, strider, id be happy to here them.

I'm trying to think of what's missing their, but I can't find anything.... Oh well....

Neutral what do you recommand after those techs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom