[Fantasy] Kraken

Chalid

Black Dragon
Finally i found the time to also release the Kraken. It comes without sound effect, but it has some sound triggers defined (they are listed in kraken.csv).

I use it with the following Art definition:
Spoiler Kraken Art definition :
Code:
			<fScale>0.8</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>0.5</fInterfaceScale>
			<NIF>Art/Units/krake/krake.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/krake/krake.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/krake/krake.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/FrigateShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<iDamageStates>0</iDamageStates>
			<TrailDefinition>
				<Texture>Art/Shared/water_ship_wake.dds</Texture>
				<fWidth>2</fWidth>
				<fLength>180.0</fLength>
				<fTaper>1</fTaper>
				<fFadeStartTime>.2</fFadeStartTime>
				<fFadeFalloff>0.35</fFadeFalloff>
			</TrailDefinition>
			<fBattleDistance>0.40</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bSmoothMove>1</bSmoothMove>
			<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
			<SelectionSound>AS3D_UN_OCEAN_END1</SelectionSound>
			<ActionSound>AS3D_UN_OCEAN_END1</ActionSound>

Have fun!

Attachments

• kraken.zip
    152.5 KB · Views: 477
  • krake.jpg
    krake.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,256
It looks awesome :thumbsup: just wish the screenshot was bigger

Very, very cool. With some reskinning, it would make a classic alien, too... :)

Ack! Thats a beastie if i ever saw one.

@Roger Bacon. i like your idea, its kind of nasty. If they take over the seas entirely that will be a laugh.

Beautiful, as long as you can call a huge scary octopus beautiful.
Anyway, very well done. The moment my computer is upgraded and i'll be finally running civ4 with decent graphics, i'd gladly look how it's moving.

How can this be added as a random barbarian which can appear in the deep ocean ? Also I would like this be something which is rare... thus only like 2 appearing during a game.

If the Kraken can rarely appear to match the tales heard during earlier parts of history that would awesome.

Double Thank-You !

NT_Jedi said:
How can this be added as a random barbarian which can appear in the deep ocean ? Also I would like this be something which is rare... thus only like 2 appearing during a game.

That should all be possible with XML. The Kraken will need to be flagged as bAnimal and have TerrainNatives set to Ocean. Make sure the cost is -1 so it isn't buildable. In the unit class definition you will want to limit the maximum world instances to 2.

Kael said:
That should all be possible with XML. The Kraken will need to be flagged as bAnimal and have TerrainNatives set to Ocean. Make sure the cost is -1 so it isn't buildable. In the unit class definition you will want to limit the maximum world instances to 2.
Dammit Kael you beat me to the answer... *mental note: get rid of ADD to answer posts faster without being distracted*

EDIT: Very cool unit Chalid

EDIT2: for got to add this. Here is the link to the wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken

EDIT3: Ok, I hope you don't mind Chalid but I made a button for the Kraken here it is:

Here is the zip for the DDS, photoshop file and jpg:
http://www.aracnet.com/~opus/Civiv/Kraken.zip

RogerBacon said:
I think I will make it a cheap Barbarian-only unit so the AI will spam the seas with them and make naval travel more dangerous.

Roger Bacon

Kael said:

Roger and Kael, its not so easy, I tried doing this but it didn't work. After looking into the SDK code I found out that ocean domain specific animals cannot be generated as barbarians. I am working on rectifying this issue right now :D. I just wanted to let you know so you wouldn't wrack your brain trying to figure out why the game wasn't generating the kraken unit as a barbarian unit.

I should have some SDK code hacked up within the next few hours to rectify the situation.

TheLopez said:
I should have some SDK code hacked up within the next few hours to rectify the situation.
TheLopez to the rescue! :D

Top Bottom