Fantasy Land (Large, Fictional)

mayonaise

Chieftain
I made this map primarily for my own use, as I like to play custom maps but am never satisfied with randomly generated ones. (I always find them lacking in realistic terrain and interesting resource placement). The map was largely inspired by middle earth (LOTR), but it was by no means meant to be a replica of that world. Its a large map with 14 civs, resources are a little scarce, while some have abundancies of some and lack others, some have a decent spread of all.

I have played through this map 3 times and each time different civs were in power despite having the same starting locations, suggesting to me its balanced, but no garauntees.

I thought after all teh work that went into it I would share, I don't really plan on updating or fixing any problems you may find. I know I left a whale on a mountain somewhere now that I think about it. Other than that I think it is error-free. It was sketched in a map editor and then done tile by tile in World builder. Enjoy!

note: some of the rivers aren't perfect, although i did my best on them. if anyone knows how to fix this i will gladly go back and do so.

Attachments

• final.JPG
    final.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,292
  • fantasyland.zip
    36.3 KB · Views: 412
It looks pretty good to me!

By the way, are you taking requests?

Top Bottom