1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy pack 4: Humans

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

OK, here's the first of faction packs. I will take my time to explain how these packs are structured. The building rosters of all six factions are almost the same; most buildings exist as basic and upgraded version (with the exception of barracks, that has a single form, city center that has four and resource buildings that usually have three), which in game use the same texture.

Therefore, I found it convenient to store the buildings that use the same texture in one folder. Of course, any single mesh of those can be used separately (just don't forget to copy the textures) - but storing them together saves me from including duplicate textures in the pack. If you only need to use one building out of a folder, it is absolutely safe to delete other nifs from there.

Also the factions can have a special building in addition to the basic roster. For example, humans have banks that other factions can't build.

Human architecture is no-nonsense solid white stone masonry, with little fancy stuff like shiny particle effects and animations.

Human pack shows the typical roster; let's go over it in detail.

1) Commercial structures. Market + Bazaar; humans additionally have banks that other factions don't. Human commercial structures don't have any animations or effects.

2) Barracks. Unlike most other buildings, don't have upgrades. Human barracks feature the smoke coming from the chimney.

3) Smithies. Blacksmith + Foundry. Human smithies have fire and smoke coming out of them; foundry also has animated bellows.

4) City centres. Four progressive upgrades along the line of village -> town -> city -> citadel. Flags on the flagpoles furl in the wind. Hanging flags are detachable.

5) Research buildings. Library + Mage College. Human research buildings aren't animated and don't have any effects.

6) Religious buildings. Shrine + Temple. Human religious buildings have fires on top of the pillars.

7) Stone resource buildings. Quarry + upgraded quarry + some special building, in case of humans "export". Human stone resource buildings aren't animated and don't have any effects.

8) Wood resource buildings. Woodmill + sawmill + some special building, in case of humans "export". Human sawmills have smoke coming out of their chimneys.

That concludes our tour. Stay tuned! ;)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12038

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. xmen510

xmen510 Emperor

Great work!

3. Flintlock1415

Flintlock1415 Emperor

Wow, these look great Walter! :goodjob: Hopefully I'll find a place for these.

4. Berenthor

Berenthor King

Beautifull! :goodjob: great work!

5. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

awesome stuff, send a link to kael :D

6. Walter Hawkwood

I kinda hope he monitors if not Graphics Modpacks subforum, then at least the thread I started in FfH2 subforum. :D

7. ZachScape

ZachScape King

This pack is incredible! I can't imagine how many mods it will be included in. I will try to incorporate it into RFC Antiquity (which is in the very early development stage).

8. xmen510

xmen510 Emperor

Indeed, the Arda Mod is also taking a serious look at Walter Hawkwoods' art.

9. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

Whoa! :eek: Those are very nice :D

10. sedna17

sedna17 Emperor

Beautiful buildings, and great work on the conversion.

11. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

brilliant stuff :) you can bet this will all make it into Warhammer :)

12. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

I really like your work, and wanted to add your Human City center to my mod. However, I seem to be having difficulties. Whenever I try and get it into the game, I just get a blank civilopedia screen and if I select it in the world builder, a CTD. I hope that you can tell me what I did wrong. I have the "HumanCenterBase.dds," and "humancentercity.nif" together in an art folder. Are there any other files I need for the human city center? Also, here are my art defines:

Spoiler :
    Code:

<BuildingArtInfo>
    			<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_KEEP</Type>
    			<LSystem>LSYSTEM_3x3</LSystem>
    			<bAnimated>1</bAnimated>
    			<fScale>1.40</fScale>
    			<fInterfaceScale>1.00</fInterfaceScale>
    			<NIF>Modules/Custom Buildings/Castles/Art/Keep/humancentercity.nif</NIF>
    			<KFM/>
    			<Button>Modules/Custom Buildings/Castles/Art/Keep/Keep Button.dds</Button> 
    	</BuildingArtInfo>

Hopefully you'll pardon my ignorance, I'm relatively new to the modding scene.

13. Walter Hawkwood

Sorry for that, totally my fault. Try redownloading and see if it works now.

14. Afforess

Still no good. It didn't have any effect. The same problem still happens. Maybe something I coded wrong?

15. Walter Hawkwood

No, the problem is with my buildings. I've fixed them, but I guess something screwed up when I was reuploading them. When I get home today I'll try again.

16. Walter Hawkwood

OK, the file is reuploaded yet again. I believe it should work now (although there may be problems with animated flags - but the building itself should display).

17. Afforess

Yep it works now. Thanks!