Far Horizons: Past, Present, Future

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword

Features:

-Seven new playable civs: The Nubians, Ethiopians, Polynesians, Brazilians, Khymerians, Venizualians, and Israel

-An Eighth new civ, Finland has been included in a separate Biq file. If you want to be the Americans, choose the normal Far Horizons Biq file...

-50+ new units, from Heavy Knights to the far future Space Battleship

-New Governments: Further choose the way you rule with Five new governments: Militarism, Fundamentalism, Globalism,Space Confederacy, and Technocracy

-New Unique Units for each civ: Load your Viking Beserks onto Longships, or blast your enemies using Yamato-Class Battleships

-New Wonders: Build Petra, Hagia Sophia and more!

-Unique Technologies: New civ-pacific abilities for many civs are allowed by unique starting technologies, for example, Byzantine cities are that much harder to take with their new Byzantine Walls....

-Lots of new technologies from Improved Sailing to Capital Starships

-A whole new 5th mini-age....The Future awaits you near the end...

Special Thanks go to R8XFT for his Kekknoken and David Leaderheads, Rita Poon for his Kymer leaderhead, Civarmy for his Brazilian and Venezualian Leaderheads, and of coarse my friends Tjedge for his encouragement, and Vuldacon, for his work on the mod's Units_32 file, as well as assorted Civilipedia pictures.

And the Files(Availible shortly once I hear back from Thunderfall):

Part One: http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/modpack/Far_Horizons_Part1.rar

Part Two: http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/modpack/Far_Horizons_Part2.rar

Part Three: http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/modpack/Far_Horizons_Part3.rar

Part Four: http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/modpack/Far_Horizons_Part4.rar

Part Five: http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/modpack/Far_Horizons_Part5.rar

Part Six(Far Horizons V.2.0 and Pediaicons text file): At bottom of page, this fixes the Derg Solder, Uboat and Early Submarine Errors.

Optional Downloads: Special thanks to Tjedge for making this ;)

Far Horizons World Maps(Both versions):

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Far_Horizons-Earth.zip

Installation Instructions:

First, in your Conquests/Scenarios folder, create a new folder called Far Horizons.

Part 1 : Folder Art and Text

Unzip Part 1 into the Far Horizons directory. This will create text and art folders like you need. The one exception is with the .biq files--move those two .biq files into the main Conquests/Scenarios directory.

Part 2 : Folder Far Horizons PART TWO with Art.

Unzip Part 2 to a temp location, like on your desktop. Then pull the Art folder out of the Far Horizons Part 2 directory that is created by WinRAR and move it to the Far Horizons directory you created.

Part 3 : Folder Far Horizons PART THREE with Advisors, Cities, Leaderheads,Tech chooser , Terrain and Wonder Splash .

Again, unzip this file to a temp location. Again, pull the directories (Leaderheads, cities, etc.) OUT of the Part Three folder and move them to your Conquests/Scenarios/Far Horizons/Art folder.

Part 4 : Folder Far Horizons PART FOUR with Art

AND

Part 5 : Folder Far Horizons PART FIVE with Art

Do the same as Part TWO. Extract these folders to a temp location, then pull the Art folder out of each one and copy it to the Conquests/Scenarios/Far Horizons directory.

Also, Bobisback recently alerted me that there is a problem with the Longbow Apache unit. To fix this problem, go to the Longbow Apache unit folder(In the Art/Units directory inside the Far Horizons Foldier) and rename LongbowApache.ini to Longbow Apache.ini. This should take care of the problem.

Enjoy! :goodjob:

Attachments

• PediaIcons.txt
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,381
  • Far Horizons V.2.zip
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,477
No new Tech eh ?

I just have to here back from Thunderfall. I've already Uploaded the files, I'm just waiting to get the file addresses so I can post them.

Oh, and there ARE lots of new technologies....forgot about that...must correct ASAP

What's "khymerians" ?

Can't wait to try your mod. About time a DyP type mod was released. That wasn't just a little bit more. I like lot's more and this mod will have it.

Just downloading it and will probably go to bed much to late tonight as a consequence.

Maybe I made a mistake in installation, but I think the leaderhead flic for Isreal is missing.

I didn't see it either, so I just used the David leaderhead.
btw SOG, looks good!
I'll play it till R&R comes out.

When i clicked on civ selection phase on israel the game announced thah will exit because he lacked a file .flc ....

Non finished mod = mod crap ! :(

I just download your mod but there is no folder with the name Far Horizons in the download. I'm a little confused with the installation... .. :sad:

Part 3 : Folder Far Horizons PART THREE with Advisors, Cities, Leaderheads,Tech chooser , Terrain and Wonder Splash .

Now i want to know EXACTLY what i must do with these folder. Hard to figure out how it's work when i have lot of different folder like that.

Hiho,
i want to play your mod but it doesn´t work. I guess its my mistake but maybe you can help me:
After installing the mod to Civ/conquest/scenarios/FarHorizon
and starting the game i get the message that a pedialcontext ist not ok. Anything with the Hagia Sophia.

It happens all the time after starting the mod in the mainmenu.
Maybe u can tell me what i did wrong.

THX

EDITED: The mod is working, the error was my mistake. I play the Mod few minutes (course, with the Brazilian Civilization :lol: ), good work Sword :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: I had to go back to Native Americans civ developing.
I check the icon of Conquest of Mars, maybe u had a old version of this wonder, the icons of these old version are in 24bits color (not 8bits, how it suppose to be). The new version is in 8bits, so, the icons appear instead the black square ;) If you lauched in the future a patch, do not forget to fix it (replace the old icons by the new ones). Check my signature to find the new version of Conquest of Mars, I uploaded it one mounth ago, I guess.
I will do some screen shoots to place here, again, it is really a ameasing work Sword!!! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: I'm glad to have did some of the arts of this ameasing Mod!

Hey everyone... longtime reader (never registered :) )finally found something I know to post about ;-)

I downloaded the files yesterday, and got them to work on the first try. But like you I had no idea what to do with the directory structure, so I basically emulated the structure of my other favorite Mod, Rhye's of Civilization. I think the big confusion comes with the fact that there is a "Far Horizons Part X" folder in most of the files.

So here is what I figured out, see if this works for you.

First, in your Conquests/Scenarios folder, create a new folder called Far Horizons.

Unzip Part 1 into the Far Horizons directory. This will create text and art folders like you need. The one exception is with the .biq files--move those two .biq files into the main Conquests/Scenarios directory.

Unzip Part 2 to a temp location, like on your desktop. Then pull the Art folder out of the Far Horizons Part 2 directory that is created by WinRAR and move it to the Far Horizons directory you created.

Again, unzip this file to a temp location. Again, pull the directories (Leaderheads, cities, etc.) OUT of the Part Three folder and move them to your Conquests/Scenarios/Far Horizons/Art folder.

AND

Do the same as Part TWO. Extract these folders to a temp location, then pull the Art folder out of each one and copy it to the Conquests/Scenarios/Far Horizons directory.

Now this is what worked for me, so far I love the Mod. See if this helps.

Another thing I just noticed. There's two versions of the scenario. The one WITH Finland works fine with the Israel leaderhead. The one that DOES NOT have Finland has the file mislinked or something. I dont' know enough about this stuff to fix the broken one, but it seems like an easy fix for those that know a bit about the editor.

I will wait that 5 parts are reunited in 1 :mischief:

Top Bottom