1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Far Horizons:Reduxe: A mod with ethnic diverse units, new civs, and a future era!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Sword_Of_Geddon, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Installation Instructions:

1. Unzip into your Civilization/Conquests/Scenerios foldier.

2. Place the two biq files inside the Far Horizons foldier in the scenerios foldier(drag and drop or cut and paste or whatever).

3.Thats It!

I hope everyone enjoys this mod.

I tried to balance each civ with regards to flavor units but unfortunately Babylon, Israel are lacking. Perhaps I will do a small expansion patch in the future to remedy this.

BTW Wonders are culture specific in the first two eras. It goes like this(kind of complicated) :

Greece and Rome and Spain build alot of the early game wonders that everyone used to be able to build, like the Temple of Artemis for example. So if its Greece related, expect Spain Greece or Rome to be able to build it and nobody else...

Aztecs, Mayans, Toltecs, Incans, Moche: Mesoamerican Culture Group: Builds the temple wonders

European Culture Group: Builds most of the original Civilization wonders, except for the Art of War, Great Wall, Pyramids, Great Lighthouse and Great Libruary.

Asian Culture Group: Builds Art of War, Great Wall, all the wonders from the Japanese Conquest, and some new ones Ogedai made, as well as a few from other creators.

Middle East Culture Group: Consists of Babylon and the Ottomons: Builds Petra, Gates of Istar, and the Hanging Gardens.

Alexander's Influence Group: Egypt and Greece: Can build Great Lighthouse and Great Libruary

Egyptian/African Group: Egypt, Nubia, Mali, Zulu, Ethiopia, Maasai: Can build Pyramids, the Sphinx, Black Pyramids(Pyramids of Nubia). And I'm going to add soon Axum Obelisk.

I plan on adding abunch of wonders for India, and spliting off the Southeast Asian civs to their own group(Khmer, Thai)..

2. Stazro

Stazro Prince

That's really, really huge! Here at home i'd probably need some weeks to download, so i think i will take me some time at university :)
    I'm looking forward to exploring masses of flavor units (and anything else, of course) :goodjob:

3. Sword_Of_Geddon

I know its big but its worth it..

4. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

Hey no pre wait que? Bonus! Much thanks to Stormoverciv. These guys must specialize in big mods!. ;)

This one for sure is like adding a 3rd xpak in size. A New soundtrack is well worth the extra space I must say.

I'll return with some feedback. Congrats for finishing/further refining :)

5. Sword_Of_Geddon

Thanks TA your one of the reasons I went threw and uploaded this whole thing man...thanks for your support..;)

6. Sim_Fan

Sim_Fan Chieftain

Can you please post some screens?

7. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sure heres a shot of the future age techtree:

8. Donkey Puncher

Donkey Puncher Prince

I have playing HiTM in civ4 looks like I have a reason to come back to civ3 cool

9. Sword_Of_Geddon

Hope you enjoy the mod Donkey Puncher!

10. eddfire3

eddfire3 Warlord

I was playing your fantastic mod when I got this error:

File Not Found:
    "Art\Units\Moche Clubman\..\Archer\ArchVicYell.wav"

I realize now that I did not have that 1.1 Patch installed, could that be the reason? Or perhaps I have found a new bug?

11. Sword_Of_Geddon

update: fix removed, fix found in new 1.2 patch.

12. eddfire3

eddfire3 Warlord

Ive got conquests, i'll try out the fix. Also, can I continue my old game with the 1.1 patch, or will the fixes not be in place? should i just start a new game?

13. Sword_Of_Geddon

If you'd apply the patch you have to start a new game...:(

14. eddfire3

eddfire3 Warlord

ok no biggie, i only had a few cities anyways

15. Sword_Of_Geddon

I really hope you enjoy the mod.;)

16. LoboKhan

LoboKhan Chieftain

Your tag line says "Far Horizons:Reduxe: A mod with ethnic diverse units, new civs, and a future era!"

Could you explain a little on the ethnic diversity? Also, are the Mongols still included, I've seen a lot of mods pick them as one to replace :(

17. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

Curses on you Swoggy :p!!!! Now I have to create more time for Civ 3.

Greatly looking forward to playing. :D

18. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

I fixed my Moche problem w/ the solution I found in M.E.M. II. But now I find Polynesians with Stealth Destroyer who have not got ironclad tech. Oh Joy!

19. eddfire3

eddfire3 Warlord

You may want to move up a difficulty level :)

20. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

You know THe modder just makes sure all the 'extras' are there and in working order. Its you yourself who are responsable for the tech flow of any given game. Its like the startin option menu . You need to refine your map/epic's variables to your personal taste :)

Before you start any mod go to world sizes in the map bic and select a tech rate for size of map you wish to play then press save.
    Example of debalance : If you play a huge map with more civs then say the "16" default, you may expierence faster tech gains then designed because likly some who benifited the most from trading at the start will reap over the lowest in stature/ If this is you observe this you think its the mods fault. Its not. They often forget to tell you they presume your in the knowon how to balance these things .

A higher "tech rate" slows this tech inflation by making a tech more valuable. Other variables in play is the "Distance between startin civs". This negates a civs tech climb even more by preventing as many AI AI tech trade meets at the stat when many have diffences in starting techs