Far Horizons:Reduxe: A mod with ethnic diverse units, new civs, and a future era!

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword

Far Horizons: Heart of Destiny, created by Sword_Of_Geddon,
can be downloaded again:

Here

Installation Instructions:

1. Unzip into your Civilization/Conquests/Scenerios foldier.

2. Place the two biq files inside the Far Horizons foldier in the scenerios foldier(drag and drop or cut and paste or whatever).

3.Thats It!

I hope everyone enjoys this mod.

I tried to balance each civ with regards to flavor units but unfortunately Babylon, Israel are lacking. Perhaps I will do a small expansion patch in the future to remedy this.

BTW Wonders are culture specific in the first two eras. It goes like this(kind of complicated) :

Greece and Rome and Spain build alot of the early game wonders that everyone used to be able to build, like the Temple of Artemis for example. So if its Greece related, expect Spain Greece or Rome to be able to build it and nobody else...

Aztecs, Mayans, Toltecs, Incans, Moche: Mesoamerican Culture Group: Builds the temple wonders

European Culture Group: Builds most of the original Civilization wonders, except for the Art of War, Great Wall, Pyramids, Great Lighthouse and Great Libruary.

Asian Culture Group: Builds Art of War, Great Wall, all the wonders from the Japanese Conquest, and some new ones Ogedai made, as well as a few from other creators.

Middle East Culture Group: Consists of Babylon and the Ottomons: Builds Petra, Gates of Istar, and the Hanging Gardens.

Alexander's Influence Group: Egypt and Greece: Can build Great Lighthouse and Great Libruary

Egyptian/African Group: Egypt, Nubia, Mali, Zulu, Ethiopia, Maasai: Can build Pyramids, the Sphinx, Black Pyramids(Pyramids of Nubia). And I'm going to add soon Axum Obelisk.

I plan on adding abunch of wonders for India, and spliting off the Southeast Asian civs to their own group(Khmer, Thai)..

Hey no pre wait que? Bonus! Much thanks to Stormoverciv. These guys must specialize in big mods!. ;)

This one for sure is like adding a 3rd xpak in size. A New soundtrack is well worth the extra space I must say.

I'll return with some feedback. Congrats for finishing/further refining :)

I have playing HiTM in civ4 looks like I have a reason to come back to civ3 cool

I was playing your fantastic mod when I got this error:

File Not Found:
"Art\Units\Moche Clubman\..\Archer\ArchVicYell.wav"

I realize now that I did not have that 1.1 Patch installed, could that be the reason? Or perhaps I have found a new bug?

Ive got conquests, i'll try out the fix. Also, can I continue my old game with the 1.1 patch, or will the fixes not be in place? should i just start a new game?

ok no biggie, i only had a few cities anyways

Your tag line says "Far Horizons:Reduxe: A mod with ethnic diverse units, new civs, and a future era!"

Could you explain a little on the ethnic diversity? Also, are the Mongols still included, I've seen a lot of mods pick them as one to replace :(

You may want to move up a difficulty level :)

I fixed my Moche problem w/ the solution I found in M.E.M. II. But now I find Polynesians with Stealth Destroyer who have not got ironclad tech. Oh Joy!

You know THe modder just makes sure all the 'extras' are there and in working order. Its you yourself who are responsable for the tech flow of any given game. Its like the startin option menu . You need to refine your map/epic's variables to your personal taste :)

Before you start any mod go to world sizes in the map bic and select a tech rate for size of map you wish to play then press save.
Example of debalance : If you play a huge map with more civs then say the "16" default, you may expierence faster tech gains then designed because likly some who benifited the most from trading at the start will reap over the lowest in stature/ If this is you observe this you think its the mods fault. Its not. They often forget to tell you they presume your in the knowon how to balance these things .

A higher "tech rate" slows this tech inflation by making a tech more valuable. Other variables in play is the "Distance between startin civs". This negates a civs tech climb even more by preventing as many AI AI tech trade meets at the stat when many have diffences in starting techs

Top Bottom