1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Far Horizons:Reduxe: A mod with ethnic diverse units, new civs, and a future era!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Sword_Of_Geddon, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

was playing as Poles when file not found "Art\units\Hindu Spearman\... I fixed it myself but really wondered why a unit w/parts of three others wouldn't include all the parts? anyways having fun which matters most!

2. vurt

vurt Chieftain

howdy SoG. I managed to download and install the mod w/o trouble, but when I tried to start it up I got the message

"missing icon txt/PediaTxt: ICON_BLDG_Hagia_Sophia"

and it kicks me back to my desktop. Gotta quick fix for that? thanks in advance.

3. The Judge

The Judge Judge, Jury & Executioner

I just want to take my hat off to Sword_Of_Geddon for an absoloute masterpeice. I am part way through my first game and, based on some of the early age completions described in some of the posts and the awesome sounding future units, I have set my game to huge map to make this one last. I'm really enjoying it and it surely must be up there with the best I have played.

:hatsoff:

:thanx:

4. Redrake

Redrake Chieftain

Great mod. I've been playing it for the last few days. Just one question though: "Legonarii"? Why not name it Legionarii? Legonarii sounds like they are playing with Lego.:D

5. tortillo

tortillo Chieftain

Great mod :) I am playing my first game for Benin and just reached Future Era. Will definitely try some other race soon.

By the way, why is Rubber resource made visible after developing the Code of Law? It has no use until Modern Era...

6. The Judge

I think it is something to do with the South/Central American civs who need rubber to build some of their wonders. I conquered the Toltecs fairly early on in my current game and they had a shed-load of rubber which was visible. Then, later in the game, rubber appeared everywhere else after I had the necessary tech.

At the moment I am mid way through the industrial era and am stomping the other civs with waves of Industrial Legionaires, Armoured cars and Early Tanks. :ar15:

I love this mod and I can't wait to get to the future era for some of those kick-ass advanced units :drool: :D

7. Redrake

Redrake Chieftain

Me too. I am in the mid industrial era now and involved in a very big war against Egyptians (I'm with Romans on a huge map, continents 60% water).
    One bug that I found is that Ironrams are incapable of bombardment.

8. tortillo

tortillo Chieftain

I am about 1/3 through Future Era (with Patch 7.0), and got the following error:

LOAD ERROR
    FILE NOT FOUND
    "Art\Units\Ad Synthetic Infantry\Ad Synthetic Infantry.INI"
    The game will exit

I've checked the folder - and it is really containing the file "Advanced Synthetic Infantry.ini" instead of required.

Renaming solves the problem, but I think the author should know of it.

9. tortillo

tortillo Chieftain

And few more issues with Future Era :)

1. Virtual Democracy government description says, 'Corruption: None'. But as far as I can see it is on the same level as with common Democracy.

2. Worker action 'Hydroponic Dome' seems to be unavailable.

3. Unit 'Laser Turret' seems to be unavailable as well.

4. Space Frigates act as pirate ships - i.e. they can attack without disclosing the nationality. But if Frigate dies during attacking my ship, diplomacy status with its owner significantly drops - is it ok? If I won't be at war with someone who is using Space Frigates, I have to keep my ships in havens...

5. Modern Armor upgrade to MechWalker and Advanced Mecha takes 0 gold - is it ok?

6. Global e-Bank wonder costs 4000 shields to build - is it intentionally?

10. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

I've never played the mod but I do recall that the "no corruption" flag is bugged in the C3C 1.22 (latest) editor. There will still be corruption (and quite a bit IIRC) but I'm not sure what level (rampant, communal, etc.) it would be at.

11. tortillo

tortillo Chieftain

Oh... Thanks for suggestion :) I think the corruption is actually 'minimal' for Virtual Democracy in current version of game/mod. But it is still the best government type if other bonuses (no war weariness & sufficient unit support per town) are working ok.

Anyway the mod is great, I am enjoying it for almost a month by now. Playing on huge map / Emperor level (higher levels take too much time and calculations, leaving almost no place for fun - lower levels are just too simple... so I am always choosing Emperor for perfect balance of complexity/fun). Now it is already 19th century, there are only three nations left on the map, and both of my rivals are bigger (and stronger) than me. I'll wait until Capital Starships to start a global war using the whole range of future era units... Cant wait to drive Vietnamese off my continent :mischief:

12. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Man Tortillo thankyou for playing and enjoying my work my comrade!

I am sorry I haven't updated for so long...I am just getting back from a very very long break from civ...

I've returned and there are tons and tons of new units and other things for civ3 now availible by the best and brightest fan creators of the community.

I used to patch for errors, and add my favorate new content as it became availible, but there is so much now that any new patch would take a couple weeks to figure out, and days to put toghether in the editor(thats alot of units) and thats alot of mbs...

Far Horizons began as a simple experiment five or so years ago. I made Heart of Destiny after abit, then afew years later, this mod, its final evolution.

I'd like to work on something new for civ3 now, but I am not certain what that will be. I'd like to do a new epic mod, not as far-ranging as this one(neolithic to the far future, beat that lol), but fun....:)

13. Vital-Induction

Vital-Induction Chieftain

Nice job, Cousin.

Lol

I installed CIV III, and ill give it back to you when i buy my own copies of CIV III and CIV IV, BTW i downloaded this mod in 30 mins it was really fast and i patched it and it is a lot of fun~:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

14. Sword_Of_Geddon

Glad you like it man :)

I may start work on this some more. There are alot of units to add to alot of civs(mostly europeans though). And I found a way to make the game faster(i think) in the later eras.

Vital if you have any suggestions do share :) (Chickens come home to roast lol )

15. The Judge

This mod is fantastic. I'm on my fourth try at it so far and I love it. The future era and the ethnic units add a welcome new dimension to the gaming experience. Well done SoG!! :hatsoff:

16. Sword_Of_Geddon

Thankyou.

there is still alot of ethic units to add..mostly Sandris stuff. I think Spain needs the overhaul the most though. Then France. Also the Greeks...

My head is spinning...lol

17. Vital-Induction

Vital-Induction Chieftain

Hmm.....

If i get firmiliar with the civ III design code for Mods or wahever i can help ya out......That should only take about a week or so to get the universal hange of it.

Then we can both do it...

And i think you'll need the help, with a mod so big as this!

:confused::crazyeye::goodjob:

18. Sword_Of_Geddon

Yeah tell me about it. Its bigger than 1 GB lol...

19. Ogedei_the_Mad

Ogedei_the_Mad Caffeinated Khagan

Also a few historical errors and spelling errors that need to be fixed. If you like, I can take a look at your Civlopedia sometime in the weekend and do some editing. :)

20. Sword_Of_Geddon

If you were to do that I would greatly appreciate it Ogedai..