1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FarowNES1 "Land of Bounty"

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by The Farow, Jun 8, 2006.

1. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

gah. Expand big time. Create a large economy by inside trading. Make a navy out of the many trees around me and start creating small wooden statues and make them bigger and biger...

2. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

I'm back!

Malinese Orders

Expand into fertile lands further down the River Niger, then upriver once I run out of space. Start trading extensively, and exploring.

3. Azale

Azale Deity

Eparti Dynasty
    Ruler/Player: King Pala-ishshan/Azale
    Religion: Animism
    Government: Despotism
    Provinces: 1
    Army: 2000 Infantry, 500 Cavalry
    Navy:
    Education: Horrible
    Infrastructure: Horrible
    Confidence: Horrible
    Culture: Horrible
    Projects:

Orders

-expand to the east and southeast towards the coast with 1,000 infantry & 200 cavalry
    -expand to the west towards the Tigris & Euphrates with 500 infantry & 300 cavalry
    -500 infantry to maintain defensive positions in Eparti proper

-establish trade relations with the city-states or nations we meet along our way, do not establish overly aggressive policies with these states...yet.

-increase infantry numbers

4. Swiss Bezerker

Swiss Bezerker Emperor

Orders Fiji:
    Expand to the island chain to the east. Build boats and more boats. Mine minerals on local island and cut down trees

5. The Farow

The Farow NESer

Reminder Orders Due By Tommorrow

There are still three or four people that have not sent orders. SEND IN THOSE ORDERS!!!!!

6. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

*smashes head on table* (I tend to do that a lot...) I just got home, orders in a jiffy (if that's a word...)

7. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

lurker's comment: Actually, it's a real measure of time. A very small one in all versions. :p

8. alex994

OOC: Sometimes I worry about your sanity symphony, lurking all these threads as well as answering so many questions :p

Orders sent

9. The Farow

The Farow NESer

Sorry everyone some things came up today the update and completed stats will be posted tonight. I had a chance to see Body Worlds 2 in the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.

10. The Farow

The Farow NESer

Update 1
    2500-2450 B.C.E.

Oceania

The Polynesians are on the move as they use their specialized rafts to quickly colonize their island chain. Although, their empire is expanding they must constantly deal with lack of resources, a growing population, and yearly devastating tropical storms. The capital is the center of this empire and is quickly growing due to all the trade with the nearby islands.

The people of Fiji are also on the move as they spread to nearby islands although not as efficiently as their neighbors to the north. They however have much more resources and land to support their needs.

Americas

The Confederation of the Tribes begins to expand across the Mississippi River making many gains. They however seem to be isolated from any developed tribe hindering any major trade on the Mississippi River. They do trade with smaller tribes up and down the river charting much land hearing of another great tribe to the far north,

The Olmecs expand quickly reaching the coast of the Pacific Ocean. Many settlers were brought along a new city was founded. This is great accomplishment for the people in such a short time their empire already borders two great oceans. Also, contact is made with friendly traders from the island of Cuba.

The nation of Dor-ha-yem surrounded by the vastness of the Amazon Rainforest expands southwards and comes upon a great river. The explorers learn much of the area is comprised of small fishing villages and they pose no threat to expansion. Many ships are constructed on the banks of the Amazon to explore farther upriver. The people also begin to use the many trees of the Amazon to build wooden statues in honor of their gods. The statues now dot the landscape of their nation.

Africa

The Malinese expand up the River Niger to take further advantage of the fertile river banks. The people make contact various friendly farming villages up and down the river. Through trade and rumor the Malinese hear of another great African Tribe that has united further downstream.

The nation of Carthage establishes some trading bases on Sardinia, Sicily and Malta. These areas provide are dependent on Carthage for survival as all good produced are to be shipped back Carthage forcing the colonies to rely on Carthage for military support. The city has become the center of trade for much of the Mediterraen, but has competition from nearby Tartessos and perhaps in the future even Rome.

Asia

The Eparti Dynasty has forcefully expanded southwards and Westwards with most of their army. The armies establish contact with the various city-states along the Tigris and Euphrates River. The most powerful of them is the nation of Babylon. These two nations are in a position to dominate Mesopotamia, but first one must conquer the other.

Europe

The Vistula River is full of activity as the city of Warsaw expands and grows. The nation that united the tribes is called the Slavic Princedoms and has much potential with vast amounts of fertile land in all directions. They also have a unique government which probably evolved off their old tribal ways. Their only neighbors are the Germans who occupy land in between the Oder and Elbe Rives.

Random Events
    Storms ravage the navies of Fiji and Polynesia
    -5 ships each

Trade with Eparti Dynasty and Babylon blossoms
    +1 bonus economy point each

Tribes and city-states fiercely resist expansion by Carthage.
    -100 Infantry, -50 cavalry

The fertile river banks of Niger, Mesopotamia and the Nile provide a huge surplus in food making the people more optimistic of their future.
    +1 confidence to Babylon, Taruga and the Mali

OCC: I should have done an update zero because I think I counfused a lot of people. Some NPC’s were added this turn and I will add many more in the next few updates as nations develop more. Orders due Friday so I can update Monday. Tell me if I missed anything in your orders or if there are mistakes in the stats. How is this for a first update?

Did not recieve orders from a couple of peope so their nations remained in a frozen state due to corrupt leadership....

11. The Farow

The Farow NESer

I know the capital of Tartessos is missed up I will fix that in a little bit.

12. alex994

OOC; Carthage is considered part of Africa, not asia ;) But excellent update, now to plot evil stuff :evil:

13. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Good job on your first update Farow!

14. The Farow

The Farow NESer

Thanks for pointing that out I sort of rushed it it.

15. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Is the new land I've expanded into a new region?

16. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

Good update, other than losing the ships. :mischief: Now to continue expanding.

17. alex994

OOC: Is it just me, or is it that most of the NPCs have double the armies of the PCs ;)

18. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

Hey Farow, you might just wanna take a look at the map on the front page. It seems to have gone AWOL..........

19. The Farow

The Farow NESer

It looks fine on my computer. I will try and fix it, but it is sort of hard when you do not know what is wrong...

20. The Farow

The Farow NESer

The NPCs do in some cases have double the armies, but they started out with the same amount of troops. They had the same amount of economy points as everyone else to spend and most spent on military.