1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Farscape

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by onejayhawk, May 21, 2019.

1. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

I am currently streaming through season #1. I have seen pieces of all the seasons before but never in episode order. Do we have any other fans out there?

J

2. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

I loved Farscape! Spent the summer of 2007 watching it on Tivo.

3. onejayhawk

This is proving fun. Watching Babylon 5 again worked through season 4 but not season 5. Watching Eureka was a blast. Warehouse 13, not so much. Surprisingly, I could not do Battlestar Galatica. Knowing who the Cylons are ruins it.

J

4. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Warlord

I liked the early episode but lost enthusiasm fast.

5. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Keep going. The first three Farscape seasons are treasured memories, but be warned that it falls off hard in the fourth's pilot episode, and takes a while to get even kinda sorta good again.

If I ever decide to watch it, any place where I should stop?

6. Ajidica

Yeah. I nearly stopped watching Farscape in season 4, which is a shame as the Season 3 finale had one of my favorite moments of television ever.

If you are referring to Babylon 5, look at an episode guide to tell you which season 1 episodes to watch, and then basically all of seasons 2 through 4. Season 5 is basically forgettable.

Mouthwash likes this.
  7. onejayhawk

Thanks.

Watch the pilot. If you are not already thinking about it, you might be OK. I gather my reaction is not typical.

J

8. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Warlord

I finished s1e7 last night, and again I'm losing interest. The show is drifting away from wonderment and into monster of the week. Who wants to spend time in a universe of horror and pain?

9. Ajidica

Wait really?
    S1E7, PK Tech Girl, is one of my favorite episodes.* I didn't find S1 to be that much of a monster-of-the-week season, but if it is bugging you I'd recommend watching S1E9, S1E10, S1E15, S1E16, then S1E18 and onwards. (Admittedly, some of the skipped episodes play a somewhat meaningful role in later episodes in S2.) Apart from S1E9, which is just a fun story, all play a role in advancing the plot and are directly relevant to the overall Farscape plot.

*Admittedly, that may be in part nostalgia because it was the first Farscape episode I ever saw....

10. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

It really isn't (well, after episode 9 it lets up).

11. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Warlord

:whew:That's good.tt's popular at my house. I'm the only nay sayer.

12. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

I need to get back to seeing this from the start. I don't remember all that much of it.