Fascism - Military Production Bonus ?!?!

kiwitt

Road to War Modder
I have a problem with Fascism's military production bonus. In my mind the order of Military Production should be as follows;

1: Communism

To reflect standardisation set in 1941-42, which made it easy for the "Russians" and possibly the "Chinese" to churnout hundreds of forces

2: Democracy

To reflect "War Economy. Britain got a bonus from it's Commonwealth countries and when US entered the war.

3: Fascism

The German's made extensive use of "Slave" labourers, whom would not have been as motivated as the previous two economies, In addition the German's had a high volume of complex technology

4: Neutral

And last for obvious reasons.

While this may effect the number of units produced, it better reflects "realism", I would have thought.

Fascism gives the Axis a production bonus because they were producing military arms and goods before WW2 even happened, let alone looked possible. The Japanese had been waging war against the Chinese since 1937 I believe and Germany had already embarked on various rearmament projects since 1933. Germany also participated in the 1936-1938 Spanish Civil war, using the "Condor Legion".

The Germans did also use slave labourers, but not on such a grand scale as you may believe.

With regards to the British: The British did have a nice economy, but since it's empire was so spread out, it had to muster its forces and and bring resources and whatnot BACK to the homeland before using them. They also recieved aid from America, but this was limited as Germany's U-Boots sunk hundreds of thousands of tons of merchant shipping. Perhaps in your mod, for a historical set up, the American AI could send the British units, and to trade supplys had to send convoys to the Brits first?

Regards, Thomas

Thanks for that input. I'll give that some consideration. I have already started on convoy routes.

I've got another suggestion pertaining to combat. It's obscenely large however, so I'm going send it to you in a message.

Regards, Thomas

Well I just posted my other idea on the other thread. However, pertaining to the Germans, I believe that some of their units should come will plenty of experience, as they were the believed to be the best trained in 1939, and the German army was full of experience from the Spanish Civil war.

Please see my other idea and tell me what you think?

Regards, Thomas

Edit: This would go for the Japanese as well since they have been fighting China since 1937.

Thanks for that. You will find in my mod I have taken that into consideration. The German's ahve many more promotions and stronger to boot.

Hitler had the Germans thinking of themselves as the rebuilders of a German empire not forced laborers and soldiers the people were always glorified in his speaches which actually gives a morale boost because they were brainwashed by Nationalist Propaganda

Top Bottom