1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Fascists Riot in Virginia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cutlass, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/11/...ville-virginia.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Paul Krugman‏Verified account @paulkrugman 2h2 hours ago
    On statues of Robert E. Lee: what would we think if German towns put up statues of Erwin Rommel, also a good general serving a vile cause?

Daniel Dale‏Verified account @ddale8 2h2 hours ago
    Of 85 deadly US terror attacks since 9/11, far-right-wing extremists were responsible for 62, Islamic extremists 23.

Cato Institute‏Verified account @CatoInstitute 2h2 hours ago
    Far right extremist groups committed ~73% of deadly terrorist incidents since September 12, 2001. http://j.mp/2pHGFWC #Charlottesviille

White House adviser says people should stop criticizing white supremacists so much
    Gorka can't stop talking.
    Judd Legum Aug 10, 2017, 12:41 pm

https://thinkprogress.org/white-hou...zing-white-supremacists-so-much-ddd587767d60/

See, here's the problem. There are in fact fascist movements active in the US and killing Americans. But the Republicans will do nothing about it, because the Republicans need their votes. And far too many Republicans, starting with Trump, are on their side.

2. Cutlass

Guns, Extremism, and Threats of Escalation
    Behind the far-right’s “counter-resistance”
    April 14, 2017
    By Rick Perlstein

3. Berzerker

Berzerker Chieftain

I thought fascists advocated a union between big government and big business

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides.”

Okay, so the next time a Muslim drives into a crowd Trump can accuse the crowd of bigotry and violence.

And he complains about political correctness? He cant even condemn a murderer without blaming the victim.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Silurian likes this.
  4. Valessa

Valessa innocent

If I were you, I would quickly abandon that narrative of Americans being killed and instead say something about cultural impact or whatever, because the body count since after 9/11 does not look good for you if you want to diminish the relevance of Islamists Terrorism and push the Impact of the Fascists.

At the end of 2016, the Islamists were leading with a body count of 90 to 79.

5. Valessa

Valessa innocent

Jeez.. now I feel bad for my post.

6. Arwon

Arwon Show me your moves

A bunch of black Americans marching carrying flaming torches would gave had the national guard called in on them in about ten seconds. That is white supremacy clearly illustrated right there. Even nazis get kid gloves.

7. Arwon

Arwon Show me your moves

Also remember when the Berkeley community scared these people into canceling a thing there and everyone got mad.

8. Valessa

Valessa innocent

One of the major complaints in Berkeley was that the police basically didn't do anything as Antifa rushed into a "free Speech" protest. That seems to be a common behavior when groups of protesters clash. What exactly are they supposed to do?

Have you had a look at social media in the last hours? Everyone IS mad. Your victim complex is astonishing.

9. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Chieftain

Hmmm, I seem to recall a Black Lives Matter march, where some loon opened fire on the police guarding the march, killing several. Some of the police even used themselves as human shields to protect the marchers so that they could get away safely.

10. Arwon

Arwon Show me your moves

Yeah and if counterprotests had gotten this particular nazi march shut down before it started like they did that one, people would be crying over free speech in this case too.

11. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

The alt right themselves are talking about bussed in paid protesters and deep state false flag attacks.

12. Arwon

Arwon Show me your moves

Luckily the Daily Stormer feels pretty happy that they've got Trump on their side

daily stormer.jpg

He's lost the Klan though:

duke.PNG

13. Cutlass

They do. But they have to consolidate power first.

14. caketastydelish

caketastydelish By any means necessary

Somehow I have a feeling some of the members of this very forum showed up to this event. That said, I won't name names.

15. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

"Alt right" makes you sound dumb when you use the term. Just call them fascists.

caketastydelish likes this.
  16. metatron

metatron deplorable ally

Ok.
    1. Krugman's a moron.
    2. We're debating this ourselves, as you can see.

(We are hot big on statues. In general. Because...oh, frick, i'm not gonna explain it to you, on account of your silly anthem.)
    "Nihilistic even by German standards", ha, good one.

The art school thing is faulty though. Young German womenfolk study art-ish subjects like this was Norway.
    Generally anything "science" and Anglosphere women are busting our women's ovaries.
    The reverse is true for anything "math", still, so i suppose you will end up with lots of women biologists and pediatricians who can't count. I shall not estimate whether that's a good thing or not.

Anywho, you people are aware that minorities in the US face staggering problems and discrimination?
    Today.
    I cannot help but marvel once again at your sense of priority.

The real analogy here is: Imagine if ze Germans kept half of their racist laws on the books and only ever got rid of them in peacemeal fashion and still managed to sub-officially employ some of them today.
    That's a bit more relevant than some stutue, isn't it?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    VicRatlhead5199 and Borachio like this.
  17. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Krugman is a goddamn pundit hero and one of the most worth-listening-to economists on earth.

18. Valessa

Valessa innocent

His argument is stupid either way, he's acting as if it's a righteous act, but it's just empty signalboosting because of that church shooting that is absolutely unrelated from the statue. Nobody is "putting up statues", that's just a completely different thing to what is happening. It's a statue that has been there, and the issue of controversy is that it is being removed because apparently, erasing history is the way to deal with history.

Nobody who's not a nagging idiot gives a damn about those, and there's no greater issue to discuss, it's about morally outraged collectivists who want to remove it, and other morally outraged collectivists who want it to not be removed bashing each others faces in.

It's good entertainment, and the way it's going you'll soon have another civil war of which you can put up statues, but it's just big fuzz over nothing. People whose opinion about that controversy surrounding the staute is anything other than "Meh. Who cares?" should get some real problems to occupy themselves with.

19. Berzerker

Berzerker Chieftain

I'm ambivalent, I support removing celebrations of southern civil war 'heroes' but why stop there? George Washington owned slaves, shall we disown him too?

Anyway, racism is one thing but to then mistreat the descendants of people who suffered under slavery and Jim Crow is just cruel. So I wont ask what Jesus would do, what do you say Robert E Lee? Should we celebrate you?

20. Arwon

Arwon Show me your moves

The fash might not control the state but they still seem to be trying to mimic it. Bunch of them forming a militia, dressed in camos trying to look like national guardsmen or something:

https://twitter.com/tomperriello/status/896385195833790465

Cutlass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.