Fast finish on Crossroads?

WastinTime

Deity
Supporter
I've had some fun with the Crossroads scenario. It's a bit easy once you get the rules figured out. My first game was 120 turns (all peaceful -- i.e. no headquarters captured). 2nd game was 79 turns with 1 headquarters captured. The obvious strategy is to capture 2 or more headquarters, but I like peaceful games.

I was wondering what some of the fast finish times others are getting. Since headquarters capturing is way out of balance, please include the # captured.

My games were on Deity. Is there any other way to play?

I've never finished a game of Crossroads, but it seems that you could feasibly make an army or raiders and pillage the gold you need. Actually, seems kind of unfeasible now that I think about it.

I think the scenario only plays on quick.
You're probably right. Play it a few times, but didn't notice the speed.
It was the 79 turns to victory which makes me think of the quick mode. Quite a fast victory. Then again, I never took notice how many turns it took me to win this mod.
The question is also: which Civ do you use for such a fast victory.

I played Baibars/Mamluk.
Since I only planned to attack one Major, it seemed logical to choose Zara Yaqob (christian).
Then many of the minor civs are blocked off so you get to keep your trade corps easier.
You even have access to Cyprus.

I just finshed a 63 turn win on Deity. Since the plan was to take 2 HQ, I played the Rasulid so I could stomp on Zara and Mamluk. I suppose I have to try a 3 HQ conquest game. Why does Firaxis always favor the warmonger? Where's the balance?

About warmongering, I couldn't agree more with you.
I don't play those scenarii which are only about waring.
There are enough of them on this fu***ng planet.
So this Crossroad was a pretty good idea. Economic victory should be an option in each and every Civ games.

45 turn win on Deity.

Pretty sad strategy. Mercantilism the entire game. Build Knights non-stop. Conquer 3 HQ. This could be done in less than 40 turns. Maybe closer to 30. After you take an HQ, you don't even need to keep it. Just move all your units on to the next target.

I went with Tamerlane cus I hadn't played them yet and they're aggressive. They're a bit far off in the corner, so probably not the best to play.

It was so long ago, I'd have to research how the game strategy played out, but in the original post I did get a 120 turn all peaceful game. It's fun scenario.

Top Bottom