Fast Paced PBEM Warlords Campaign

lifecry

Warlord
Hey there, civvers.
Looking for some PBEM action that's a bit more fast-paced than a turn every day or so? I'm playing in a couple of more lackadaisical games, and enjoying them plenty, but I also have the hankering for something more up-tempo:p

If you think you could peel off a couple of turns on an average day ( we all get busy and now and then have days we're not able to, I know:D ) and would like to play with others who can keep up, let me know!:cool:

Great. Consider yourself signed up.:goodjob:
As for game settings, do you have any strong preferences?
( number of players, civs, ai's, tech trading, world size, shape, speed, etc )?

Throw me in there too.

Me and Diatsub have a Warlords game going that gets 3 to 5 turns a day. It would go nice with that game. Just make sure my move is after Diatsub.

I am also sending you moves for the Aqua and Terra game. So it would be good if I was sending moves to lifecry. But I think Aqua/Terra is only 1 move every 3 days it seems.

I'm interested to..
I prefer NO TECH TRADE, since it can unbalance game. Also, 4-5 players anre OK, more can slow down game. No AIs, of course....
World size small then, maybe pangea or somethig similar, just to be more fun... Fractal is my favourite...
About choosing leaders- random or we pick them?

I am interested to play new PBEM.
My favorites settings:

Dificulty: Monarch
Size: Standard (4-6 players), can be Large map too (7-10 players) - (of course without AI)
Map: Fractal, Continents
Era: Ancient (can be with "advanced start")
Speed: Normal
World Wrap: Toroidal
No technology trading/brokering: YES (that all good know: without trading)
Victories: Conquest, Domination, Space Race
Barbarians: Yes (but no raging)
Leaders: It's dependent of final settings, but if everyone agree on random i can play random too

Excellent! It looks like we're almost ready to go! Including myself, that makes 5 of us. Perfect!

I think I agree with almost all the proposals put forth. Let me review them;

1) no tech trading - good!
2) no Ai's - fine with me!
3) Leaders - I'm playing a few games that are set to random, and that's fine, but I think I'd like to try choosing this time. Is everyone OK with that?
4) Maps.. - this is the only area we might not all agree on. I'm a huge archipelago fan, personally. If anyone strongly disagrees, I'm totally willing to compromise.
5) other stuff; ancient start, normal speed, Toroidal map, all victory conditions except time?

I am ok with it.

I am ok with Random civs, but if we choose, then I will be Cleopatra

It would surprise me to see 3 turns a day with 5 players. Bur we can try.

Just keep me after Diatsub and before lifecry and that should help me turn things around faster

Larven: well, you say that you and Daitsub are managing 3 turns per day in your other game, and I'm sure I can keep up; so that just leaves Zorzak and Berlicconi. Do you two ( Zorzak and Berliconni )feel like you can keep that kind of pace?

Maps: Ok, if fractal is what most of us I'm ok with it. Any other opinions on world shape?

Excellent! It looks like we're almost ready to go! Including myself, that makes 5 of us. Perfect!

I think I agree with almost all the proposals put forth. Let me review them;

1) no tech trading - good!
2) no Ai's - fine with me!
3) Leaders - I'm playing a few games that are set to random, and that's fine, but I think I'd like to try choosing this time. Is everyone OK with that?
4) Maps.. - this is the only area we might not all agree on. I'm a huge archipelago fan, personally. If anyone strongly disagrees, I'm totally willing to compromise.
5) other stuff; ancient start, normal speed, Toroidal map, all victory conditions except time?

add 3). If we all agree to choose a leader and map will be fractal i want to play: Friderick (Germany)

Larven: well, you say that you and Daitsub are managing 3 turns per day in your other game, and I'm sure I can keep up; so that just leaves Zorzak and Berlicconi. Do you two ( Zorzak and Berliconni )feel like you can keep that kind of pace?

Maps: Ok, if fractal is what most of us I'm ok with it. Any other opinions on world shape?

I do not know exacly what is world shap, i think this is not world wrap. By the way about world wrap i prefer: Teorodical :)
Well about world shape if this is something like a line of land in continent i prefer random :]

sorry! by "world shape" i meant map type ( fractal, archipelago, etc )

ok then i want fractal as i said but of course only when all of us agree of this type of map

ok. here's how we can decide map type. let's all list our top 3 map preferences, and then we'll select the one that most of us have in common

here are my top 3

1) archipelago w/ tiny islands
2)pangae
3)fractal

1) Fractal
2) Pangea
3) Archipelago

About leaders- that depends of what kind of map we choose, but I'm sure that Cleopatra is not the option... :)
This is Warlords game, ofc...
About game speed- I think that me and Zorzak can go well. I play my turns immediately when I received them.

Ok! It looks like fractal is the winner. Now for leader choices. Everyone just put forward their choice and if two people the same one, we'll work something out.

I'd like to go with Qin Shi Huang.:king:

Top Bottom