Fast Tourism Wins?

Archon_Wing

Vote for me or die
What do you set about when it comes to winning tourism fast? It doesn't seem like you can compete with the AI for writers and artists if Russia/Kongo/Greece exists in the game, so it seems like the only way to really push ahead is archeology and radio/computers.

If you build/conquer many cities you can compete with Russia/Kongo/Greece for Writers and Artists. The more Cities, the more Theatre squares and Art Museums you can build. So an Early Archer rush is a good start IMO.

If you really want to be the fastest, it might be usually a dominate-based victory, whatever for DV, RV, CV or SV, in current base version.:undecide:
The followings a a popular argument on Chinese forum (I thought there's a similar thing here), posted just after the game released. Unfortunately, they still seem to be true.
  1. For fast DV, you should take every enemy’s capital;
  2. For fast RV, you should eliminate most civs and leave them 1 capital, then found religion and sell several cities to them;
  3. For fast SV, you should eliminate most civs and leave them 1 capital, then gather the whole world’s power to launch rockets;
  4. For fast CV, you should conquest most civs and leave everyone 1 city as foreign tourism source; also you can eliminate some most cultured civs, which means who have the most domestic tourism, to win faster.
All of them above are some most extreme examples, but the base idea is similar, based on the speed of domination. It was very boring I think:sad:.That is why Chinese forum turned to peaceful victories very early last year (of course, it will be a little slower). There are many fast, peaceful culture victory game reports in different styles, likes relic-style, theater-style, even wonder style. One different from science victories is that it should not be measured by turn number, for they have different opponents.

You can look at my 6otm 19 post and save, which is a T118/119 CV using Brazil. This is a traditional-style culture victory with computers and cultural heritage.

For Civs without unique tourism improvements, this(cultural heritage+computer) may be the fastest way. Save money(or just use neighborhood gold or chop) to purchase archeologists and make full use of your museums. A themed museum provide 3(each)*3(slots)*2(theme)*2(computer)*2(cultural heritage)=72 tourism.

For Civs with unique tourism improvements, you can look at my 6otm 22, which is also a T119 CV using Persia, Civs with tourism improvements only need Flight(to unlock the ui tourism) to achieve the victory and do not need to focus anything on culture.

Last edited:
but the base idea is similar, based on the speed of domination. It was very boring I think:sad:.
I completely agree, very boring and yes posted here a long time ago. I hate doing the same old thing over and over again it others feel great with it and I respect that.
I really struggle with the whole competing side of civ, I have many other games which are better for that. This is more about walking away and saying I enjoyed myself. I really am not sure you can beat that victory condition.

@Archon_Wing as long as you beat the opposition up early you can win just by using the Great Wall or Ziggurats. Not exactly what I would call traditional, but effective.

I completely agree, very boring and yes posted here a long time ago. I hate doing the same old thing over and over again it others feel great with it and I respect that.
I really struggle with the whole competing side of civ, I have many other games which are better for that. This is more about walking away and saying I enjoyed myself. I really am not sure you can beat that victory condition.

In fact, you are considered to be the master of culture victory, because the basic reference of Chinese players to play culture victory is upon your culture and tourism guide (they translated it into Chinese and put it in our Chinese Wiki, of course, with your credit and the source from CFC).:thumbsup: They just found some effective, simple combos to play from your research. Peaceful play requires digging more in your article to achieve a faster culture victory, because you cannot just kick out the most domestic tourism AIs.

In fact, you are considered to be the master of culture victory,
That’s very kind of you but I am not master in civ, perhaps a bit in sap but not civ.
I just like to feel part of the team, to explore things and I love to see people find new things like happened the other day in the war weariness thread.

I often spend my time building theater districts in he early game, try an efford in pursuing writers and artists.

At the same time I will try to build up a large invassive force, preparing to capture cities with wonders/great works in later game. Normally my traget will be the civ giving the highest tourism on the list.

Being a cultured warlord probably is the faster way than peacefully competing tourism.

Top Bottom