1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Faster Animated Day/Night Cycle in Game (Observation and Question)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ggalindo001, Jun 19, 2019.

1. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

I accidentally stumbled onto something, and am hoping I can actually make this a default or near default setting.

Normally, when the animated day/night cycle is running in game, the change in the "time" is rather slow and gradual. I was doing a test yesterday on benchmarking, and found something interesting. If you run the Graphics Benchmark (GS), the devs in this script have significantly sped up the animation.

If you load a saved game (and possibly start a new game, I haven't tested this) after running this benchmark, the day/night cycle runs at a similar fast speed. Actually playing the game this way is pretty interesting as the day/night cycle almost completes in each turn.

The big question is -- is there a setting that I can go into to actually adjust this day/night cycle speed. Ideally, I would like something in-between the default and what happens when it is sped up like this.