Fastest Possible Cultural Victory Times (Standard, Deity)

Softly

Warlord
I see alot of talk on these forms about fastest possible SV but not that many about the Cultural Victory. I just had a T142 as Russia, and was wondering how the squares up against the times you guys/girls have gotten. Also wondering what civs could theoretically get the best times? I imagine China with Harvest of Kongo with an early Kandy Suz could get some pretty crazy times.

I see alot of talk on these forms about fastest possible SV but not that many about the Cultural Victory. I just had a T142 as Russia, and was wondering how the squares up against the times you guys/girls have gotten. Also wondering what civs could theoretically get the best times? I imagine China with Harvest of Kongo with an early Kandy Suz could get some pretty crazy times.
Sub 80 is quite possible if you find a Kandy early and have a good run.
Around t100-110 is about the mark
Pericles is particularly good at both CV and SV.
Russia, China, Gorgo. Mvemba is a tad slower.
The Chinese call a theatre/writer/printing rush the salted fish strategy (straightforward) and TBH beyond Kandy or a lucky Relic start with the Khmer that’s the strat.

The difference between 142 and 110 can just be a bit of bad luck, you did well.

Last edited:
Also I would imagine the start itself would be an issue, eg. you get AI greece across the ocean next to a cultural CS.

Should you be slaughtering cultural CS's if you can't control them?

Do we build Oracle/other wonders when production sucks, etc.

Another factor that will determine how fast you can win a culture victory is who your opponents are, as that will set the bar of domestic tourists you need to pass.
Having one of the culture powerhouses like Greece, Kongo, Russia, etc., in your game, especially one that is doing well, usually means that you'll need more tourists to win, which means a slower victory.

Top Bottom