1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fastest strategy to quickly dominate the AI?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Flower, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Flower

Flower Warlord

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to quickly dominate the AI at any level. I just won my first domination victory on Prince difficulty but I only manage to get a very low score. I need your help warmongers!!!

Best regards,
    Flower

2. Xenotitan

Xenotitan Prince

Actually I think your score would be lower the faster you finished. It really isn't a good metric of how well you played.

3. sixty4half

sixty4half Prince

Score is based off of (among other things) Techs researched, military might, wonders built, population. So, if you dominate the map very quickly, you obviously won't have very many Techs, wonders or a large population (keep in mind that's only part of it, everything that makes up score will be stunted because you won so fast).

In summary, the quicker and more efficiently that you win, the lower your final score. It's not a good indicator and should be ignored for the most part.

4. Chueli

Chueli Chieftain

Hi, just got a deity domination victory with Trajan. (254 turns, Standard pangea)

I think military tech beelining is key. (completely neglect everything else!)
    -Archery
    -Iron working
    -Machinery
    -Gunpowder, Metal casting, Ballistics, Steel

Commercial and Industrial districts are key, too. And using the unit production policies correctly, of course.

At first I managed to be somewhat nice with my neighbours, having England on the same continent helps :) Killed one neighbour with a joint war.
    The thing is, they had a strong religious game (which I neglected completely in favour of military strength) and got monarchy and theocracy governments quickly. And from that point on they will hate you almost instantly on deity for having different governments and start declaring wars. My early crossbows and the strong legion won the game easily though.

I have to say, the AI seems weak. All attacks they mounted were really lackluster... I bordered on the coast, so that helped I guess.

5. paz_paz

paz_paz Chieftain

Dominate AI? Build 6 warriors to scout and fog bust. Declare war when you see a settler or builder that can be captured. With the settler in tow, retreat to your city. If you can't make it back, delete the settler/worker. Stay near your city, and defend for 30-100 turns, depending on the difficulty. Build one or two archers and don't lose units, don't take risks, only kill units that are low on HP anyway. Fortify/heal whenever possible. After a while the AI will offer 1-x number of cities in a peace deal. Take the cities and beeline nationalism for corps and mobilization for armies. Beeline replacable parts for infantry and sanitation for medics. Build 4 corps of infantry (upgrade with cash) and 2-3 medics. Siege isn't needed if you have enough infantry+medics. (Well, it will be needed at some point, but it's totally possible to destroy one or two AIs with infantry+medics.)

The player's main advantage is tech choice (only research key techs, as number of techs = build cost goes up) and unit selection and placement. The AI doesn't know what it's doing, so if you fortify in front of them they will suicide or retreat. If they retreat, you can attack their cities. If they suicide, you just wait until they run out of steam.

6. Securion

Securion Civ Veteran

Play Scythia.

You're welcome.

ansa likes this.
  7. Gtdead

Gtdead Chieftain

I agree, it's paramount to hit the tech for infantry fast. I get a bunch of archers early on to capture cities and defend, then stop, tech to muskets and cannons and snowball the entire map.

I did it 2 times on immortal, and won at turn 260 and 280. Going to try deity and refine it a bit.

In water maps, frigates are really strong too. Train a bunch of quadriremes, upgrade them when you hit the frigate tech, and completely destroy every coastal city. The AI can't do anything about them.

8. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

Impressive

9. dunam

dunam Chieftain

Beating the ai in battle is ridiculously easy. Having some mix of ranged units and melee or cavalry units that aren't hopelessly outclassed is sufficient. Generally speaking, numerous units will help overwhelm most opponents.

When you surround the control zones of a city it stops healing. A single catapult will be effective in taking down most defense of a city. Battering ram/siege tower seem not really worth it.

Once you have enough to take one city from an AI, you can take all cities from that AI.

Scout- slinger - warrior is a good build order, where you send the slinger + warrior to seek out camps. The goal is to kill one unit with a slinger for archery tech boost, and to kill 3 barbarians for bronze working tech boost.

Early on it can be very good to build slingers/warriors as they're cheap to upgrade to the more effective archer/swordsmen (and this way you need only 1 iron, not 2 to get swordsmen without encampment), but it also lets you build more units for their production cost (as production cost continues to inflate) AND it requires no maintenance, even without the conscription card, allowing you to keep the +5 battle bonus against barbarians for longer, or a military production boosting card.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  10. TurboJ

TurboJ Warlord

As said, combat AI is weak so the challenge comes from AI bonuses to production and technology. On immortal+ you need to have your act together in tech and production yourself or the AI will be able to spam higher tech units and you will stagnate.
    I use 50% melee 50% ranged and for cities bombardment units are needed - but only if city strength is clearly above your average melee unit's strength. If cities have equal strength to your melee units, the melee guys can take the cities without ranged support, so this has changed from Civ V.

Combat itself is easy but depending what difficulty you play on, the challenge is keeping up in tech and production while doing war at the same time.

11. discord_ian

discord_ian Chieftain

I have only played Scythia once on first King game and it was disgusting. I was going for domination and I had my pick of all the victory conditions. I accidentally won the religious.