Fastest way to feudalism with calabim

Horadrim

Chieftain
Ok this is for normal speed games i cant stand anything faster.

I find calabim are very week in comparasin to other civs up till te point they get feudalism and the vamps. They dont lend them selves easily to religions and their civ specific hero units are quite far down the trees when compared to some other civs.

Whats the fastest way to feudalims? Can you bulb it? or any of the techs leading to it?

education -> major worker techs (at least 2-3 new workables per tech) -> writing -> trade -> feudalism. Trade for other, less important worker techs. Get your economy rolling as quick as possible, so you can take the deviation from the metal line

Actually, the calabim can quite well pull off the religious civ line. The trick is to shoot for Losja as your primary vampiric unit, and gifting vampirism to all priest units, crusaders and paladins (if you're going for order).

Hmm, I'd go for Mysticism before Education and Code of Laws before Writing, especially if you're playing as Flauros.

You probably won't want to waste time getting a religious tech (they are kind of expensive at this point), so a good idea is to pick up Mysticism, build a Pagan Temple in your capital and assign a priest. Once you have a Great Priest, bulb Way of the Earthmother, Philosophy, or whatever gets you to the religion you're aiming for.

As for Code of Laws, it's a prereq for Feudalism anyway and it has it's own benefits as well, so why wait until you have Writing? Courthouses will help you with early expansion, and Aristocracy will give you a research boost without having to replace your farms. And if you have unhappiness problems, you'll at least get a bit of production out of it thanks to the Calabim's UB.

Personally Calabim are my favorite, if you can survive until Feudalism, and build alot of farms, you've pretty much won the game.

Top Bottom