1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Father, 4 Sons Charged in Missouri Child Rape Case

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aleenik, Nov 12, 2009.

?

What punishment should they get?

1. Life in prison

40.0%
  2. Life in prison if it is found that they murderd people

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Death penalty

24.0%
  4. Death penalty if it is found that they murderd people

36.0%
  1. Aleenik

Aleenik Chieftain

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573992,00.html?test=latestnews

This is horrible. I hope these people get life in prison. If they murdered people, I hope they get the death penalty. A 11 year old even had to get an abortion because of being raped by these people? Wow. And a girl was forced to have sex with a dog? Wow. Also other things as well, but this stuff is just horrible.

O people let us not forget some...or all idk...of these victims are family relatives of the people...

2. holy king

holy king Chieftain

they should be killed by a red hot poker up the anus, after having had their finger and toenails ripped out, were forced to eat their own fecies and had their genitals removed with a hedge cutter.

Not.

3. Lord Baal

Lord Baal Chieftain

Bah, they're rapists, not homosexual kings of England.

Seriously, if guilty - even if not of murder - they deserve life. Actually, they deserve death, but I'm against the death penalty.

4. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

If they are found guilty, I bet they will learn about pain really is.

5. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Yay for over-reactions based on emotional responses!

Now where exactly in the article does it even mention the possibility of murder? Or are we just assuming that these people must be murderers, too?

6. kulade

kulade Chieftain

yeah, i can't believe the news media. i don't know why they would investigate people as murderers when they're only your mundane petty serial child rapists.

7. Camikaze

Exactly...

Apparently I didn't see the one mention of the possibility of bodies in the article. But anyway, I'll just assume that the police have more of an idea than a 'belief' that there are bodies. Seems like a waste of time if there are no suggestions of murder other than a connection from one horrible crime to another.

But assuming there are bodies. Death penalty = no.

8. Lord Baal

Lord Baal Chieftain

Yeah, missing the bit about the bodies was pretty important. I read this before Frenchie posted it, the article appears to be exactly the same as the one I read. Except of course, mine said "Sourced from the Associated Press," not that they "contributed," which I find an amusing distinction.

Anyway, it's still a potential over-reaction, since there is nothing from the evidence in the article to indicate any bodies. Of course, the police likely have information we don't.

9. Aleenik

Aleenik Chieftain

We don't know if they are murderers, that is why in the poll I said if it is found that they murdered people. The police are looking for possible bodies, so that makes me think there is a possibility they murdered someone. I am not saying they did, I am saying the possibility is out there. If they did however, I think they should get the Death Penalty.
    O people let us not forget some...or all idk...of these victims are family relatives of the people...

10. bhsup

bhsup Chieftain

@Camikazi: rape is as bad as murder. Both should be automatic death penalty crimes.

11. Atlas14

Atlas14 "Sophomoric Troll Master"

Life in prison, rape deserves same punishment as murder

12. mangxema

mangxema I

I know these things happen, but it's still striking that there's an actual, specific, legal name for that.

13. Camikaze

Wouldn't you actually need to know details about the crimes committed by each individual in order to designate what their punishment should be? For instance, why were the last two charged with a lesser crime, and is this charge in itself an overreaction due to the horrible nature of the crimes of the others involved? Even so, death penalty? :shake:

... :shake:

14. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

Death is too good for them. Life in a supermax and letting slip what they did should suffice.

15. Aleenik

Aleenik Chieftain

I am basically asking this.

If they all committed rapes, what should their punishment be?
    If they all committed rapes and murder, what should their punishment be?

I understand what you mean though. We don't know everything.

16. Camikaze

How many counts of rape each? You cannot make a judgement based off nothing but the label of 'rape'. Unless of course you go for the average of the minimum and maximum sentence just to balance all possibilities. But I don't suppose that's what you'd say is a fair punishment.

BTW, what are the minimum and maximum sentences for the given crimes?

What degree murder?

17. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

might want to amend the constitution then

18. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

Putting aside the horrible act of child abuse and rape which I believe that such crime deserves life in Prison...
    Charge for sodomy??

19. bhsup

bhsup Chieftain

Why? These are State crimes, not federal. Keep the damned feds out of this, thank you very much.

20. Aleenik

Aleenik Chieftain

I think murder is murder. If you intentionally murder someone I think the punishment should be the death penalty. If you rape someone, I think the punishment should be life in prison or the death penalty...depending on the situation I guess.