Father, 4 Sons Charged in Missouri Child Rape Case

What punishment should they get?

• Life in prison if it is found that they murderd people

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Putting aside the horrible act of child abuse and rape which I believe that such crime deserves life in Prison...

Charge for sodomy??

Yes. They forced at least one girl to have sex with a dog according to the article.

oh..interesting...

Gross.

Why? These are State crimes, not federal. Keep the damned feds out of this, thank you very much.

14th amendment kinda ruined that one ;)

All persons convicted of rape, whose guilt is not in doubt, ought to be executed.

14th amendment kinda ruined that one ;)

What, this?
nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

How does making murder and rape punishable by the death penalty deny them equal protection? And I never said they shouldn't get at trial, so they still get due process.

Link to video.

Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
Hang them high in the street for all the people to see that

Justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys
You got to draw a hard line
When the gun smoke settles we'll sing a victory tune
We'll all meet back at the local saloon
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces
Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

I don't have a problem with the death penalty for rapists.

incest ( more like wincest, amirite?) fun for the whole family!

Spoiler :
except of course, for the people who were forced to do it, cant imagine they had much fun

I think murder is murder. If you intentionally murder someone I think the punishment should be the death penalty. If you rape someone, I think the punishment should be life in prison or the death penalty...depending on the situation I guess.

Bolding mine. That's what I'm referring to. What degree of murder is it? First degree completely premeditated? Second degree perhaps (would seem most likely in this case)? Maybe even third degree, more of a manslaughter type thing?

How does making murder and rape punishable by the death penalty deny them equal protection? And I never said they shouldn't get at trial, so they still get due process.

Well, no, you got it wrong. It's because the death penalty for rape alone is unconstitutional as cruel and unusual punishment, and as a result, the states cannot use it due to the fact that the eighth amendment is incorporated.

So, as I said, the 14th amendment ruined the state right to inflict cruel and unusual punishment. Which is also why I said that you would need to amend the constitution.

Well, no, you got it wrong. It's because the death penalty for rape alone is unconstitutional as cruel and unusual punishment, and as a result, the states cannot use it due to the fact that the eighth amendment is incorporated.

So, as I said, the 14th amendment ruined the state right to inflict cruel and unusual punishment. Which is also why I said that you would need to amend the constitution.

"Cruel and unusual" is not relative. If it is not considered cruel and unusual punishment for murder, then it isn't cruel and unusual punishment for any crime. What punishment is suitable and proportionate for individual crimes is up to the individual state.

@Camikazi: rape is as bad as murder. Both should be automatic death penalty crimes.

I used to think one was as bad as the other, but its not really, because one can recover from rape. However, you could argue that there can be damn good reasons to murder someone but never to rape someone. I agree with the death penalty in some cases for rape.

I'm starting to become a bit bothered by people's approval of 'prison justice'. We seem to think that we should let the prisoners inflict the necessary harm on each other, so that Justice is achieved.

Either the man is guilty of a crime that requires him to be tortured in prison, or he isn't. But the idea that we should let other criminals enact justice seems ... wrong. I mean, by that logic, enacting measures to reduce prison violence should be discouraged, because they're supposed to be torturing each other ...

Top Bottom