1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fav religion?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by ZeepZeep, Feb 27, 2007.

?

Which Religion do you prefer?

1. Order

29 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Runes of Kilmorph

46 vote(s)
    24.9%
  3. Fellowship of Leaves

26 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. Octopus Overlords

50 vote(s)
    27.0%
  5. Ashen Veil

34 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. chocmushroom

chocmushroom Warlord

I voted Veil, but it was a hard choice. What religion I prefer depends on what civ a play and what style I'm in the mood for.
    Lets look at the diff religions.

Runes: The best state religion you can have, in terms of what your cities can do. Extra production from mines, extra money from cities and the best wonder you can get. Hero's are ok but nothing to write home about. Troops are average.

OO: slavery, o how I love slavery..... but I still think it should not be exclusive to OO, but free workers which you can sacrifice are just great. The culture benifits are also very powerfull and have the best hero's in the game. troops are very usefull early game but they have great buildings.

Order: I wanna stop the world being destroyed, this is what you go for. This is the best religion for armies, with the extra reduction in upkeep it can give you bigger and bigger armies. troops are average but priest can add to cities in usefull ways.

Leaves: Great civ for the forest people. Special ability best in the game. The ability to convert to ancients forest (and do you still get tree-ents), heros are good and the troops very good early game.

Veil: My favorite for one simlpe reason, the troops it has. Ritualist, the best troops going, having someone in your cities who heals, has ring of flames and can summon undead is the most powerful in the game. Diseased corpse are also a great fighter that can damage whole stacks. The heros are good, wonder is still a bit strange, comes a bit too late to be of much use. Sacrifice weak is also good, as by that time you are expecting slower GP and only from one or two cities.

So:
    Cities= Runes
    Troops= Veil
    civics= Veil
    Heros= OO
    Wonders= Runes
    Buildings= Order or OO
    Other effects= Followship

I wanna choose both Runes & Veil

2. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

I like the flavour for Runes, and I usually play Khazad, though I usually choose y religion by what civ I am. However the most useful I think if Runes. Their graft flesh is awesome, as well as production.

3. Silverkiss

Silverkiss NekoChan

Raise dead !! :evil:

4. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Atm it's RoK cause my new favorite is Khazad.

But other than that it's Veil and OO. With leaves as an old favorite, and the Order as my least favorite.

5. wicshade

wicshade crazy, militant farmer

Fol, i only build about 5 cities but they are largely spread out, and with the happines and health i can get an easy 40 pop per city when i build on rivers.
    I just like to go to war with 2 civs and watch as they enter my forests of destruction.

6. Polycrates

Polycrates Emperor

Veil is my pick for most powerful religion (by a LONG way) - there's simply nothing that compares to Sacrifice The Weak, and the other stuff is pretty nifty too. I'm amazed it has so few votes.

OO is my pick for most fun religion, because the whole mind-enslaving cthulhu cult thing is just too cool.

7. jwin

jwin Warlord

I picked runes because it is a good religion for not having to worry about micromanaging everything.
    However, I agree that veil is the most powerful. In addition to STW, they have the best priests, with fire and both summoning and divine.

8. vorshlumpf

vorshlumpf Emperor

What I really like about AV is the ability to summon imps. Correction, what I really like about the AV when you have the summoning trait. With an extra two turns for the imps, you can actually use that free promotion of theirs. With their random magic promos, you can essentially get access to any level spell you want.

9. ChaoticWanderer

ChaoticWanderer Warlord

my religion depends on what race i am i try to find a religion depending on what race i am unless i end up with lots of deserts then its automatically oo for the free water mana

10. Swodhawk

Swodhawk Chieftain

I fully second your opinion !!!

11. Domingo

Domingo El Desaparecido

Overlords, I sometimes restart if I don't get it :(.

12. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Nothing to see here, sorry for the inconvienience.

13. smjjames

smjjames Emperor

Will you cut it out Darksaber with the thread necroing.

This poll is a bit outdated because it's missing two religions.

14. DuckAndCower

DuckAndCower Warlord

Really, if you're going to necro a thread, have a reason for it. Aside from an excuse to spout out some Potter-esque psuedo-Latin, that is.

15. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I was thinking a lot of it looks more like pseudo-Greek.

16. sylvanllewelyn

sylvanllewelyn Perma-newb

Please add all the religions in the poll, because I would like to vote for Council of Esus.

I would definitely not vote for Runes though. It really irritates me when having a religion doesn't pop my city borders.

17. Morni

Morni Warlord

Notice the date on the original post ;)

18. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Deity

19. reveler

reveler Chieftain

OO, because I love the theme, the music, the units and they are a perfect match for my two fav civs, Balseraphs and Lanun.

20. Milosrdenstvi

Milosrdenstvi Chieftain

Certainly not Greek, more like Latin with bad spellings.