These lines in globalparameters.xml looks like related:

Replace Value="50" Name="FAVOR_GRIEVANCES_DIVISOR"/
Replace Value="0" Name="FAVOR_GRIEVANCES_MAXIMUM"/
Replace Value="-10" Name="FAVOR_GRIEVANCES_MINIMUM"/
Replace Value="200" Name="FAVOR_GRIEVANCES_START"/

Replace Value="5" Name="FAVOR_CO2_DIVISOR"/
Replace Value="0" Name="FAVOR_CO2_MAXIMUM"/
Replace Value="-10" Name="FAVOR_CO2_MINIMUM"/

I loaded some pre-patch games to check in-game values. I had 2 saves with 500~550 total grievance (across all civs), and I was losing -5 favors per turn.

It looks like ((Total grievance-200)/50) is the formula, capped at -10.

And I checked favor penalty from CO2. In one save I have about 1000 lifetime emission but no current emission, I got no penalty. Also, the penalty fluctuated by turns so I am assuming the penalty is based on per turn emissions.

I was expecting a similar formula with grievance one like ((CO2 emission -10)/5), but I got inconsistent results. Below are the results:

emission penalty
14 -1
23 -3
34 -4
36 -5
47 -7
49 -8
55 -9
57 -8

maybe I should test with games that started with post-patch.

I'd like to loose much more Diplomatic Favor when Civs have grievance against me, makes much more sense imo.
Thanksfor those parameters, I'll check them out!
Guess Ijust haveto replace the FAVOR_GRIEVANCES_DIVISOR by 30 or something like that

I changed the the values this way:
"FAVOR_GRIEVANCES_DIVISOR" 25
"FAVOR_GRIEVANCES_START" 100
and use Zee's slower Grievance Decay

This way, you (and other civs :D) loose 1 DiploFavor for every 25 grievances above 100
With the slower decay and more penalty from grievances, I think the Diplomatic Victory makes much more sense. I'm happy with the result at least.

(btw I just won in a unexpected way: I had 6 DV points, averybody votes against me (I set the DV treshold to 9, just to try; so I guess they start voting against you when you are lacking 3 points, not when you have 7 points)
So, I throw alllllllll my Favors to get the 2 DV points, I get 33 votes, civs who vote against me have 34 :'(
BUT... out of the blue, England (you see Victoria, sometimes they're good! ) vote for me !
Have you ever experienced that ?
I was allied with her. But so was I with 3 other nations. We had a religious Alliance iirc.
I'm gonna check if something was different, like maybe she loves me at the maximum, never ever any grievance,...I don't know.

CO2 flavor penalty is based on the /turn emission indeed, not the total emission since start. Fortunately.

The whole DV mechanics need to be reworked so that DV goes to good global citizens. So you get points for responding to emergencies, being in alliances and capturing CO2 etc and you lose points for starting wars, capturing cities, breaking promises and generating CO2.

At present whoever gets the most favour can get a DV along with a few wonders and techs. Even if you are a treacherous warmonger.

Indeed; that's why I changed a few numbers:
more grievances for breaking some promises (digging artifact, spying, settling too close, not for troup near borders though, until the mechanic is better and clearer)
slower decay of grievances
and loosing more diplofavor from those grievances
Currently I'm trying a game with 20DV instead of 10 toget the victory, but with 3 DV at each congress, from industrial instead of modern era. With Diplo and Domination being the only possible outcomes.
Plus, for each 25 grievances above 100, you lose 1 Flavor/turn
This way, warmongering is more punished and the DV is influenced by the Congress votes mostly, not getting half the Points with 2 techs and 2 wonders
I'll try to change a few other numbers too: more grievances for capturing CS, looking at the Liberation War which seems a bit broken, huge amount of lost flavors when using a nuclear device, more points from the sending Aid project, 1 favor/turn for being at peace with everybody,...
I'd love them to change the way we vote at the Congress, without having any clue of what the other ones do is quite random atm.

True enough Bibor. It seems that balance changes at the beginning of the 20th century changed their +5 combat strenght in their own continent to foreign ones :mad:

Top Bottom