1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favored Civilisation

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by RussiaWarMachin, May 3, 2003.

1. Belisar

Belisar Defender of Byzanz

The cossak is the most worthless unit in the game. An attack unit with one more defense point? :(
    No relation to units like immortals, legions, jags or riders ;)

2. SuperDave9x19

SuperDave9x19 Chieftain

I like Aztecs because it is so easy to use Jags herd rival Settlers into crap land during exploration times late in Ancient, Early in Middle times..

Plus Jags early exploration advantages seem obvious.

3. Panzer

Panzer Mobile Front

Vikings (Berserk is amazing), Germany (in case you didn't notice), or Russia

4. U.R.S.S

U.R.S.S Chieftain

Belisar, i didnt said it was the BEST unit it is my favorite because of its appearence.The cossak extra defensive point is of little use.

5. Anti-EUA

Anti-EUA Prince

U.R.S.S. I disagree, I think the extra defense point is a really good value. If you are attacking a civ, of course because they will have bigger chance of winning or at least almost killing the AI cavalry. Since they are the fastest units in the game (with MA), I tend to move stacks to enemy territory, without waiting for infantry to defend. Just find a hill or a mountain and no one will attack you since the odds will be favoring you! If you are on a mountain it will have 8 for defense, and the enemy cavalry won't try to attack you stack!

6. sabo

sabo My Ancestors were Vikings

German, Carthage, then I try what ever I want to try... But I do the best with Germany and Carthage.

7. Schmek

Schmek civil engineer

As long as it is religious its good. so I won't end up with anarchy.

8. U.R.S.S

U.R.S.S Chieftain

hmmm...You have a good point on that.Maybe i did judged wrong that extra point of defense.Even being an ofensive unit it will be atacked sometime and that point can make the diference if it will die or live(in some cases if it will escape)

Hei!voce é brasileiro tambem!Não tinha pecebido.

9. Dawood

Dawood Chieftain

Arabs all the way!
    I can also consider playing vikings or celts, sometimes I get tired of being civilized...

10. Anti-EUA

Anti-EUA Prince

Actually every point is really important, no? Anyway, cossacks will become obsolete when the tanks come!

Só respondi nesse tópico porque vi que era brasileiro, benvindo! :)

11. skorn

skorn Hwach'a Out!

Cossacks DO look really cool. Another of my faves are the Japanese with their samurai. Upgrades to Cav AND has a 4 defense. shweeeet.

12. spoc148

spoc148 hunter of rabbits

unlike other people, I like the Iroquois, I dunno..I guess I find myself playing better when I'm them

13. Jnthn56

Jnthn56 Chieftain

I like the germans a lot but don't find thier abilities very helpful at higher difficulties. The random hit/miss crap in fighting pisses me off, especially when my veteran musketman looses to a conscript warrior all by himself.
    One question about scientific civs. Do you have to be the first to enter a new age to get the tech bonus or do all civs with this attribute get it whenever they advance? Because when i play i always lag behind in tech big time.(monarch)

14. Russian Leader

Russian Leader Chieftain

My @ fav civolizations to be ar Russian and Greek

15. Russian Leader

Russian Leader Chieftain

well as for most techs. you have to be the first to resurch it.

16. Brewster

Brewster stays crunchy in milk

I am playing my first game on Monarch and am fully kickin butt thanks to the Numidian Mercinary (Carthage). The traits of Industrious and Commercial give great bonuses (extra cash and production) and the NM is a great unit to defend your growing empire from hostile neigbors.

I also like playing as the Persians (hate playing against them) because of the Immortal. Their attributes are stong and scientific allows you to do the Nationalism slingshot which can be the difference in most games.

The only downside to using these two civs is the very early golden age is usually in despotism.

Jnthn56 - Scientific civs always get one free tech at the start of an age (not always the same).

17. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

If I had to choose, it would be Egypt.

18. Mercenary Gen.

Mercenary Gen. Chieftain

I play with Carthage And there numids

19. Scop

Scop Chieftain

Bah, the best civ is that one at the bottom that starts with an R on a line by itself. Every time you play, it starts with a different UU, traits, and techs, and your city names will vary from game to game as well.

What was that one called again? ;)

20. CellarDweller22

CellarDweller22 Alive And Kickin'

My favorite civs to play are Aztecs (with an attacking scout), Persia, and Russia.

My BEST SCORES, however, always seem to come from.....

.....ummmmmm.........

France. :rolleyes: :D

-- From The Cellar :cooool: