Favorite City States?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care for Toronto that many people here seem to like. It's nice if I get it with my 6 I put into it regardless, but I won't go out of my way to get it.

Buenos Aires and Zanzibar are always nice. I'm an amenity whore. Hong Kong I like for science victories.

Lately I've just been pumping everybody up to 6, and only after maxing them out do I go for certain suzerains. Only occasionally do I try to hold on to a specific city state.

Don't care for Toronto that many people here seem to like. It's nice if I get it with my 6 I put into it regardless, but I won't go out of my way to get it.

Toronto was a must-have when the regional effects from Industrial Zone and Entertainment Complex was effective more than once in a single city. That was not the case since the Winter 2016 Patch (December 21). The last reply was from November 2016: that's why everybody loved Toronto!

Maybe we need a change of the radius effect à la National Park: the Amenity bonus go for the 4 closest cities, not in a 6 tiles radius. The Workshop could give his Production to the closest city, Factory for the 2 closest and Power Plants for the 3 closest, and maybe allow to stack the bonus again? Toronto could increase by 1 the number of cities that can benefit the regional effect. Actually, Industrial Zone are too weak right now.

I have a question for Buenos Aires: if I have 3 Bananas in my city, do I get 1 Amenity or 3? I'm pretty sure that's 3, but I'm not sure. If 3, this is making Buenos Aires incredibly strong!

Oh, didn't notice the thread necro. Yeah Toronto was really awesome back when the game first came out.

I've never paid close attention to Buenos Aires, I think it might only be 1 per bonus resource type, but I still find it increases my amenities fairly well.

Moderator Action: As with the other thread necro'd by this poster, this thread is closed. Given the major changes in the game from patch to patch (such as the major nerf to Toronto's attractiveness when regional effect stacking was eliminated), necro'ing threads can spread misinformation about the current game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom