Favorite Civ/ Leader

Lincoln3457

A Walrus
:band:Hi, new to forums. Just wanted to know what other people had as there fav civ / leader. THEY DONT HAVE TO BE THE SAME CIV!!! My favorite Civ is the United States and favorite leader is Lincoln:):band:

Firstly, welcome to CFC, Lincoln3457.

Secondly, this topic has been done many times before.

Thirdly, in terms of actually playing, I'd have to say Louis XIV (I like Creative and Industrious- it works for what I do) and probably Rome (Praetorian rush). In terms of who and what I like seeing, and playing as, probably Stalin (pushover with a cool moustache) and Germany (Panzers are pretty neat).

Hmmmmm..... Lincoln IS amazing. If you want a really powerful combo try Lincoln of Egypt.

I can't say who my favorites are so I'll throw out the ones I think don't get enough props.

- Frederick is by far the best leader to ensure a GE corporation. GE corporations really change the game. They make state property look like kid's stuff IMO. Disclaimer : Writer knows SP is appropriate in many situations, no need to tell him this.

- Charlie's UB is fantastic. It balances out IMP for rexing. Also IMP and PRO are not useless and have good gunpowder synergy later down the road.

- Perciles has the coolest traits (not neccesarily the best.) His UB is fantastic. Also it was my first emperor win and only on normal speed so he has a special place in my heart.

-Brenus (as a leader, not a fan of the celts, but Brenus' traits are so good it almost doesn't matter.)

-Ramssess - don't believe the hype - this guy is still good on prince, monarch and emperor. IND and SPI has fantastic synergy, no anarch, switch to beuracracy when building wonder in capital, etc. Plus certain wonders like AP (which you can get sooner from bulbing a priest), U of Sankore, Spiral Miranet and Sistine Chapel go very well with SPI.

and more obvious

-Hannibal is quite strong

I don't have a favorite civ or leader though. Again though, Lincoln IS quite powerful.

I don't play with Unrestricted Leaders, and I have a handful of favorites (Elizabeth, Lincoln, Frederick, Hannibal, and Pericles all immediately spring to mind, I'm certain I'm leaving a couple out). I love the Cha, Fin, Org, and Phi traits. Give me those and I'm happy.

My most recent game I played as Hannibal was incredible. I had no metals. None. And they were all deep within my enemy's borders. I ended up conquering the better half of the continent using nothing but Numidians, archers, and catapults. Recovered the economy quickly thanks to the Financial trait, finally got iron for the late medieval ages, and then went on to fight off the Burger King who conquered the other continent in a massive Industrial-age world war. One of my favorite rounds so far.

Hannibal is my favorite followed closely by Zara Yaqob. The synergy of Hannibal's traits and UB with the economic portion of the game is great and Zara is an awesomecculture victory REXer with good UU.

I like

Cathy - Great for REX and mounted forces.
Wang - Nice tech, Hwachas rule, decent culture
Charlemange - very solid
De Gaulle - wonder economy
Louis - great culture
Willem - great culture, great at trade
Freddie - great warrior

Gilgamesh wins if he gets copper anywhere nearby. Willem van Oranje is good too for a space race win. My favorite trait is creative, most people underestimate it.

Carthage is a very strong Civ, and Hannibal is ridiculously good.

Ottomans are the most flexible.

I've had loads of fun with DeGaulle of Spain. Charismatic Conquistadors and highly promoted siege for gobbling up huge amounts of map.

I'm a mathematician, so I like Greece ;)

Liz or Hatty are my favourite leaders though I thiink.

Julius and the Romans for me: when I'm bored, tired of it all, nothing inspires me like going Praetorian on the world.

hammurabi .aggresive oragnized= lovely
ragnar lodbrok. aggresive finacial = lovely great uu
montezuma aggresive spiritual = lovely just cool
boudica = aggresive charismatic= lovely imba war!!!
shaka = aggresive expansive lovely + bestUB!!!
rome = best uu

prolly missed some1, but i luv these <3

Either Asoka or Mehmed. Both because of their huge versatility.

My favorites are
Willem Van Oranje for water maps. Justinian for land maps
Alexander the Great for agressive maps.
Darius for money maps :p

Justinians and willys UUs are probably one of the best in the game (and the hippodrome is nice too)

My favorites are
Willem Van Oranje for water maps. Justinian for land maps
Alexander the Great for agressive maps.
Darius for money maps :p

Justinians and willys UUs are probably one of the best in the game (and the hippodrome is nice too)

The East Indianaman UU is one of the best in the game? It's way too situational to count in my book. Now, the Byzantines on the other hand have an awesome UU and UB combo.

Nappy (Indusrious for lots of wonders:Charismatic for Warring posiblilities and less :() of the Vikings (love the beserkerers (grammer check)on their speedy ships) :viking:

Nappy (Indusrious for lots of wonders:Charismatic for Warring posiblilities and less :() of the Vikings (love the beserkerers (grammer check)on their speedy ships) :viking:

DeGaulle is CHA/IND, not Napolean (CHA/ORG?).

Top Bottom