1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Era in Civ V?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by lordsurya08, Dec 11, 2010.

?

Which one is your favorite and why?

1. Ancient

14 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Classical

20 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Medieval

14 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. Reniassance

13 vote(s)
    14.4%
  5. Industrial

19 vote(s)
    21.1%
  6. Modern

7 vote(s)
    7.8%
  7. Future

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. lordsurya08

lordsurya08 class-A procrastinator

Hope I didn't miss one.
    I like Ancient the most - there's just the epic feeling that something's about to begin. I've never gotten to Modern or Future yet - this game gets really boring by then.

2. basta

basta Prince

Ancient and Classical, and pretty much all eras up to rifling; by then the game's pretty much over.

3. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

I put Classical. Ancient is fun, but it ends fairly quickly since I always get Horseback Riding so early. Classical is when the game is really decided. As said above, by the time of the renaissance/industrial era, the game gets boring. It's pretty much over and plus the game starts to lag. It was similar in Civ IV though.

4. CELTICEMPIRE

CELTICEMPIRE Zulu Conqueror

I like Horseman, archer, swordsman, spearman warfare, so classical/ early midieval are my favorites

5. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Ancient or Clasical
    The civs I like most usually originated in those eras

6. lschnarch

lschnarch Emperor

7. Xvayne

Xvayne Chieftain

I picked medievil. I agree once riflemen/gunpowder comes the game is over. Too bad there is not a setting to limit your max tech, like cap it at Industrial or where ever

8. G Viceroy

G Viceroy Chieftain

Industrial. Artillery is gamebreaking.

9. Mzrokks

Mzrokks Rammy VS the World

I like starting in the industrial era...
    And also I love that era in history...

10. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Industrial; If only to *finally* discover where Oil & Aluminium tiles are exactly! Flight, Battleships, Submarines...

11. CivFanaticMan

CivFanaticMan Warlord

Does it matter? they all feel the same since gameplay is so strait forward. The only difference is changed graphics and new units.

But since this is a poll I have to say Renaissance. Its the halfway point, and it leads up to the age of discovery and imperialism. Its the climax of all your work you have done before, and the beginning of what is to come.

12. Grapa

Grapa Warlord

I've always loved playing in the Modern era, because I like simulating what my version of WW3 would look like. :lol:

13. hardcore_gamer

hardcore_gamer King

I just don't understand why the game doesn't have such a basic feature. People complained about not having it in Civ 4 and its odd still not being able to pick your "ending era" in Civ 5.

Would it really be that hard to implement? I mean you can already pick your starting era.

14. Escalate

Escalate Chieftain

I wanna pick Industrial - Modern but due to lacking aerial warfare I choose Medieval.

Let's see how AI change next patch I might change my mind.

15. Rohili

Rohili King

I like the Modern Era. Nothing feels better than steam-rolling a complacent AI with your Mech Infantry and bombing their cities and units into oblivion.

Too bad the game is over well before then and anything you do in the Modern Era doesn't really matter. Is there no way to design the game so that it is still competitive during the later eras?

16. SHaW1986

SHaW1986 Prince

In previous versions of civ modern was always my favorite. i still like the modern era but this game has left me either uninterested by this time or in the games that have grabbed me something happens that wont let me finish it (runtime error or save game not compatible with enabled mods, anyone?).

17. jpinard

jpinard Martian

I have to agree with this assessment. It all feels very generic and lacks depth. I don't know why it feels this way while Civ IV didn't.

18. CivFart

CivFart Warlord

My favorite is the future, because thats when I get to listen to George W. Bush "I think we agree, the past is over"

19. joyous_gard

joyous_gard Prince

Early stages, map exploration determining plan. Right after consolidating from a major expansionist war. That is usually right when rifle is hitting.

20. Catastrophe90

Catastrophe90 Warlord

Industrial Era. Howitzers are my favorite units in every video game, ever (especially Company of Heroes).