1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite game you played in Civ 1

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by blackrabbit, Jun 24, 2008.

1. blackrabbit

blackrabbit Chieftain

I played the Atari ST version so I don't know how it differed from the PC and DOS version but anyway I was playing as the americans and managed to be on a decnt continet alone and quickly filled it up and made contact with several other civs, one was the Aztecs (they were in the original civ right? I don't exactly remeber but i think it was them - sorry this was like what 15 years ago? lol)

Anyway this other civ never really liked me and one day they just invaded. none of us had gun powder yet but they were far more advanced than more and way more powerful. I put up a valiant defense of my homeland but one by one my cities fell and they pushed further and further towards Washington. I only had two cities left and kuckily for me they were production powerhouses, I kept pouring out units trying to defend my cities and push them back... THEN IT HAPPENED! My scientists made a break through - GUNPOWEDER. I slowly started pumping out musketeers and the war started to turn. I slowly started reclaiming my homeland and after a very long and devastating war I drove out the invaders. I felt so proud of myself, I felt like I ACTUALLY drove invaders from my homeland lol.

The coolest part was at the end of the game. Not sure if this was in the dos or pc version but on my Atari ST at the end of the game it would show a timeline movie of the expansion of the civs. I could see all the other civs and how they expanded and then saw the day the invasion started and it was cool watching my blue area where i was slowly start turning red (i think that was thier color) as they one by one took my cities and then watching it slowly but surely start turning blue again. I felt like a hero lol.

Plus on the Atari Civ 1 when you took a city you got to see your army march into the city when you took it so when i reclaimed my cities one by one I felt like the French must have felt when the Americans marched into Paris after pushing the Nazis back lol - GOOD TIMES

2. Comrade Aart

Comrade Aart Civ1 diplomat

3. Blinking Joy

Blinking Joy Chieftain