Favorite Kitchen Applicance

What is your favorite kitchen appliance?

• Total voters
So that's why my home-made pizza dough never comes out right. I haven't been flattering it. :( What kinds of compliments should one say to dough to make it behave properly?

To answer your question, have you ever considered using a rolling pin?

For purposes of the poll, I voted microwave, fridge, and freezer. The only thing on the list I haven't got but really want is an ice maker. Would you believe that it's nearly impossible to buy decent ice cube trays in Red Deer? :(

I do use a rolling pin, but I can never ever get dough as thin as I'd like. Well, that depends on the dough. I'm specifically thinking of perogies, which for me, never want to roll to a 1/4 inch thickness.

About your pizza crust, did you mean air pockets form when it's cooking? While rolling the dough out really well will solve that, there's a quick work around I learned working in a pizza shop: just stab the raw dough with a fork a bunch.

I have a couple of rolling pins with bumps on them (don't know if there's a technical term for that kind). My grandmother and I used to make flatbread, and the only way to get the dough just right was to use that kind of rolling pin.

My pizza dough kept getting gaps here and there - too thin in some places, and not thin enough in others. It kept looking like Swiss cheese with the baking pan showing through the holes, so I finally gave up on a traditional kind of pizza and used the muffin tins instead.

Rolling pins with like... teeth in them? That's what we used, but I couldn't think of a way to describe that so I just said forks ><

If I knew how, I'd take a picture of my rolling pins and upload them to show you. One is grooved, and the other is bumpy (looks like it has little raised pyramids all over the center part). Obviously, neither one is smooth. I'll try to find a picture online.

Dishwasher!
How often do you use your favorite kitchen appliance?
Not that often as we don't have one in my student house, so whenever I'm home I really appreciate it!

For what do you use your favorite kitchen appliance?
Cleaning...what else?

What would you do without your favorite kitchen appliance?
A lot of washing up gets piled up...yuck.

Are you in the market to upgrade your favorite kitchen appliance?
To have one permanently would be nice...

Could a different kitchen appliance potentially become your new favorite kitchen appliance?
Microwave is a pretty close second. Dinner cooked in 5? I think so.

What do you dislike about your favorite kitchen appliance?
That they take up so much space in the kitchen...

How expensive was your favorite kitchen appliance?
No idea, I didn't buy it...

What colour is your favorite kitchen appliance?
The one at home has a wooden cover to blend in with the rest of the kitchen...

Do you do anything unusual with your favorite kitchen appliance?
Put it on when nothing's in it? Lol, no.

Is your favorite kitchen appliance dangerous?
I suppose if you put your pet in it it could be pretty lethal...

How could your favorite kitchen appliance be improved?
Be less expensive. Come with every kitchen as standard...

It lost out to hot dog maker and chocolate fountain.

But the kettle is by an order of magnitude the most used device in my kitchen, and I would guess many others.

I turn the kettle on to make coffee as the first thing I do every morning, on the way to the loo. For the vast majority of people the only debate is the order of those two actions in the morning.

It is clearly the most used device.

But the kettle is by an order of magnitude the most used device in my kitchen, and I would guess many others.

I turn the kettle on to make coffee as the first thing I do every morning, on the way to the loo. For the vast majority of people the only debate is the order of those two actions in the morning.

It is clearly the most used device.

I don't even have a kettle in my kitchen. :dunno:

We may notice the others and appreciate them more. But I can't see one getting more use and being more useful than the fridge. You couldn't store your meat effectively, couldn't keep milk or cold beverages, couldn't preserve vegetables or fruit as effectively. You'd be limited to non-dairy creamer and forget about butter or margarine for your bread. Want eggs or milk for cereal?

Be it ever so humble, I'll vote Fridge. It doesn't impress us any more, but it'd be hard to do without. Most of the others are luxuries. The Fridge is almost a necessity.

Microwave
Almost daily
Heat instant meals, leftovers.
Eat meals that soak in boiling water from my electric kettle.
No.
Could a different kitchen appliance potentially become your new favorite kitchen appliance?
Electric kettle is close, but I can boil water in the microwave or on the stove if I need to.
No standards for power output and food cook time.
Dunno, I didn't buy it.
What color is your favorite kitchen appliance?
White.
No.
It can make stuff explode. Don't put sealed containers in the microwave.
Make is sense the heat of the food to measure food readiness.

Nonsense! Anything cooked in a microwave is pure trash! Discard the heathen mechanical beast!

George W? Is that you?
George W never used any nuclear weapons. Try Barry Goldwater, because in your heart you know he might. Or Plutonian Emprie, because he really likes nukes.
Nonsense! Anything cooked in a microwave is pure trash! Discard the heathen mechanical beast!
It does tend to produce inferior food, but it's great if you're in a hurry or if you just wanna melt some chocolate or butter or something.
For me, my favorite appliance is currently the food processor, since I'm making pies, and food processors are really useful for mixing filling.

First thought was toaster, so I'll go with that.

Extremely rarely.

Making toast.

Eat bread.
Nope
Maybe.
One dimensional.
Dunno.
What colour is your favorite kitchen appliance?
Black
No.
If you're an idiot, yes.

Lasers, and a racing stripe.

What is your favourite kitchen appliance?

Light

How often do you use your favourite kitchen appliance?

Many times at night.

For what do you use your favourite kitchen appliance?

See the other appliances.

What would you do without your favourite kitchen appliance?

Use torch or only use kitchen during the day.

Are you in the market to upgrade your favourite kitchen appliance?

No.

Could a different kitchen appliance potentially become your new favourite kitchen appliance?

No without a light I cannot use the kitchen at night.

What do you dislike about your favourite kitchen appliance?

It does not switch its self off and on

How expensive was your favourite kitchen appliance?

About £20

What colour is your favourite kitchen appliance?

Mostly white

Do you do anything unusual with your favourite kitchen appliance?

No

Is your favourite kitchen appliance dangerous?

Only if you do not switch off the electricity when changing the tube or think you are a Jedi.
How could your favourite kitchen appliance be improved?

Use less electricity and switch its self on and off.

I'm getting ready to set up my favorite kitchen appliance as we speak! Slow cooking ribs for the family, neighbors, and friends!

Top Bottom