1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Livestreamers

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CultureManiac, Dec 28, 2018.

1. CultureManiac

CultureManiac Prince

Hey all,

Just wanting to pick your brains on who you think are the best livestreamers or Let's Play posters to watch at Deity level. I have a couple of my own favorites, but I don't want to taint anyone's opinions.

What I enjoy watching most are those who you know are generating a new map each time - not those who are, or seem like they may be, replaying a map. Not that there's anything wrong with seeing how well you can optimize a map - and I'm not trying to start a debate on which way is better (please!) - it's just not my style of playing and therefore I find such streams less instructive.

So, who are your favorites, and where do they post?

2. Ceydezed

Ceydezed Chieftain

TheGameMechanic (Youtube & Twitch) and PotatoMcWhiskey (Youtube) are my two favourite - i understand the game pretty well so i mainly just watch for distraction and i think they are always up for a challenge and when they are in trouble they know how to (most of the time) get out of it!
    But they also explain pretty well their moves if people are trying to learn, or have tutorial videos that are also interesting.

3. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Besides those mentioned, Broyar (Youtube) is good as well.

4. Julia97

Julia97 Chieftain

Filthyrobot is the best player, but sadly he doesn't post civ anymore, but I recommend his older videos!

5. StrideColossus

StrideColossus Warlord

+1 for all the previous suggestions - I put civ down for a few months until the hype for the new expansion kicked in. Been playing recently and watching youtube lets play videos from PotatoMcWhiskey and Broyar in particular. No matter how good (or not!) you are as a player there's always some new strategy or cunning trick to learn from these guys. I also especially like the fact that they almost always explain their thinking and their mistakes.

6. Inhalaattori

Inhalaattori Emperor

Talking about best players in Youtube. civtrader6 is the best player I have seen play Civ VI, but as far as I know he doesnt livestream. He has couple of amazing playthroughs though. If you want to became better player I would recommend him.

Players mentioned in this thread are ok, but they make a lot of mistakes. Also they seem to be sticking similar strategies in every game no matter what. It would benefit if they could fit their playstyle better to different situations. The game is although so easy even on deity that you can make small mistakes and still win as long as you survive the ancient era. With a good start good player will always win. If you start among aggressive Ai and/or lots of barbarians it might be practically impossible to win on deity.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  7. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

I like TheGameMechanic as well. Though I think he can be too fond of getting 8 or 9 Knights, pairing one with a battering ram and then conquering. AKA easy mode.

I like that PotatoMcWhiskey attempts to play peaceful since he recognises taking over enemy Civs is fairly easy in the current state the AI is in.

8. alancsilver

alancsilver Warlord

These are my two favorites these days. With Potato being the quicker player.

9. Xmonger

Xmonger Chieftain

ED BEACH!!

10. Icicle

Icicle Prince

I don't watch livestreams, but for Youtube I umpteenth the Game Mechanic. Some of his videos aren't that great though as they are just doing dumb twitch things and you end up skipping the whole thing.

For Youtubers though check out Omega Alden ( https://www.youtube.com/user/MacHoggV1 ) he ads in challenges, such as currently he's doing No Chops as Rome on a TSL map and he did one where he had to try to build every wonder he could as China.

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Carl. :D

12. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Alongside the gamemechanic, normul8or (youtube and twitch) is another good streamer. Norm and GM do a talk show about civ evey Monday or Tuesday.

BarbarianHunter has some really good youtube series on civ 6 too. The Min/Max Deity kind of lets plays.

BarbarianHunter likes this.
  13. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Worst Civ player ever.

14. The googles do nothing

The googles do nothing Prince

Civilization Player's League (CPL). It's multiplayer only. They have some with a broadcaster describing the action which I like if I can't actively watch.

15. ExtremeGardens

ExtremeGardens Chieftain

I also like Brian from TheGameCommon, as he gets quite emotive with his commentary!

I also like quill18 with his Petra obsession fueled by twitch. I also suspect that since he hasn’t been uploading Civ 6 recently, he’s probably playing a preview version to be released when embargoes are lifted.

nzcamel likes this.
  16. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Emperor

Thanks. Yes we have lots of good streamers, all top players. You can see some of our historical games on our youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/CivPlayersLeagues

And here is a short list of some of our recent active streamers and their twitch.

TomBraider https://www.twitch.tv/tombraider174
    Under https://www.twitch.tv/under89
    Rageofboom https://www.twitch.tv/rageofboom
    Eiffel https://www.twitch.tv/eiffel_civ
    SimpleMouse https://www.twitch.tv/simple_mouse

And you can always come visit us, even just to hang out, lots of live Gathering Storm discussions and current MP Rise and Fall games going on https://discord.gg/ubwTNdd

CS

Trav'ling Canuck and i_imperator like this.
  17. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Kind of got turned off of streams watching their min-maxing, script-promoting mentality, chock-full of "must-do's" and "never-do's". FilthyRobot was pretty bad out this.

youngsteve likes this.
  18. Isengardtom

Isengardtom Warlord

All of the mentioned ones I watch on YouTube + the Saxy Gamer
    He’s made some interesting in dept videos
    Quill18 made some fun videos too

TheGameMechanic I follow on twitch too. Always nice streams
    FilthyRobot is a really good player but personally I don’t think he’s a nice guy

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    youngsteve likes this.
  19. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

normul8or is a good streamer as well, I recommend watching him.

20. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

Quill18 is my favourite YouTube live-streamer.

RohirrimElf likes this.