1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite mods

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Guide-on, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

I hope someone else is still reading this forum. Please let me know.

I love BE-RT, but I usually use mods. Which ones are your favorites? Also, if someone could/would change a mod, what would you like?

I will start. I almost always used the mod that required level 18 affinity for VCs, but recently started using the improved Victory conditions by Gaia, which moves them back to 16. More playtesting ;) ;) is needed to check, but I think this will be a standard for me.

The Super Rocktopus mod took a unit that was worthless and made it into a must have. Unfortunately it is still placed in a bad spot. Could someone please move it to a better location. Also, Phaseal Transporters are good for Supremacy and the Rocktopus is good for harmony: What about Purity?

2. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

The only mod I use is awesome pods which goes a long way to making exploration as good as it would have been if they would've finished the game.

One I would use that doesn't exist is one that would make unit choices exclusive so you don't have the ability to build everything after affinity levels are unlocked.

3. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

I believe that there is a mod that penalizes you for having hybrid affinities. As an experiment, I played a game with 30 mods! The game did not crash, but it was not really fun, because some to the mods conflicted with others. Several of the unit mods required all three affinities at (way to) high levels, and one mod penalized you for not staying with one affinity. I have been trying to find out which one before I posted. (Sorry about the delay.) The best that I can tell, it was Affinities Scale Research. You might try it.

4. Guide-on

Guide-on Chieftain

Another mod that almost requires you to pick an affinity and stick with it is Affinities as Yields.

Personally, I would like a mod that required that you have level 12 in all affinities and 17 in the one you used for VC. Using the best for each affinity then would not necessarily be the best for reaching 12 in all. Plus, the unfocused AI would stay closer and thus more of a threat, and best of all, domination is back to being the primary win.

If you think of regular Civ, you cannot just focus on one tree of research and get a win. You HAVE to research at least part of every tree. Also, Civ IV used to have requirements for techs in other branches. To get Industrialization, you needed Corporation which in turn needed Constitution. All of these were on different branches. I would like to see requirements for techs that would require you to go to techs in different parts of the web. This should enhance replay ability.

Last edited: May 20, 2019