Favorite Multiplayer Civ?

Wha's your favorite civ to play as in Free For All Multiplayer?

• Americans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arabs

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Aztecs

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Chinese

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • English

• Egyptians

• French

• Germans

• Greeks

• Indians

• Japanese

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Mongols

• Romans

• Russians

• Spanish

• Zulus

• Total voters

Great_Artist

Chieftain
Hey all, trying to stimulate a little conversation on this message board....

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CIV TO PLAY AS ON FREE FOR ALL MULTIPLAYER?

Personally I'm a fan of the Greeks, I'm usually pretty passive so starting with Democracy is pretty nice for me.

I see a lot of people using the English and Chinese, I'm assuming for their growth prospects.....

Yeah, I use the Chinese so I can make a ton of cities everywhere. The fact that I have cities everywhere in the world helps make it harder for people to destroy me. I'll usually just turtle up somewhere and wait until I can build the World Bank or I can launch a good attack.

Played little MP due to the PS3 problems with MP.

The times i've played it's been random or Greek because of the ability to "control" the field with pikes and turtle up while teching.

I personally am a fan of Russia. Many people think they are one of the worst civs, but I think they are in contention for the best. First of all, the +1 food from plains bonus is HUGE. A granary gives you four food from each plain, which, by the way, are extremely common. It is very easy to get over 20 food w/o a courthouse. Just with a granary, and then the Hanging Gardens, I've gotten max pop. at around 600 AD. Now given this city had around 7 plain tiles, but this is still a very strong ability. The loyalty bonus makes it very easy to defend your cities, and the half cost riflemen has pretty nice synergy with the loyalty bonus. For some reason, spies are seldom used online. I don't understand this as I find them to be extremely useful. Although I must agree that a local area map is rather lame, it does help in getting good secondary city spots and barbarian villages. Plus, Catherine has other alluring, although animated, features.;)

Yeah, I use the Chinese so I can make a ton of cities everywhere. The fact that I have cities everywhere in the world helps make it harder for people to destroy me. I'll usually just turtle up somewhere and wait until I can build the World Bank or I can launch a good attack.
You think you are sooo special do you? What a great genius strategist that the world just happen to never recognize.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom