Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cally

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There are three girls' names that would be great for triplets:

Signa
Cosina
Tania

Granted, you'd have to take some liberties with the pronunciation of the first one, but still...

My cousin named her daughter Ainsley :vomit:

I'm a fan of the name Irene, as well as the similar but as far as I know unrelated Eileen. Verine is also a nice name. I guess generally I like names that end in the "een" sound.

Also, "Nevaeh", the most idiotic name invented, is misspelled in the poll.

For those interested, again, the twenty most common female names in the US:

Mary
Patricia
Linda
Elizabeth
Jennifer
Maria
Susan
Margaret
Dorothy
Lisa
Nancy
Karen :D
Betty
Helen
Sandra
Donna
Carol
Ruth
Sharon
Michelle

It's not misspelt - it can be spelt a number of ways, and there are a number of different spellings on the top names list. I guess some people name their kid that because they like the sound of the name, not because they want their daughter named 'Heaven' backwards, which is why you end up with different spellings!

My name is Ashley and im a guy, i think the female version has different spelling
eg.
Ashleigh - girl
Ashley - boy
Anyway its a bad thing to call any kid, i got enough greif about it in my early schooling. STOP NAMING GIRLS ASHLEY!:mad:

Most guys i know with the name (including myself) just go by Ash.:p

Ashley is a traditional unisex name. I don't know where you get the idea that it was ever an exclusively male name.

Why are people so afraid of unusual, new, unisex and ethno-specific names? I don't get it.

I voted but I'm not very Americanised and would prefer something more exotic.

As a Brooklynite, there is no way in hell I'd name my daughter Brooklyn. Real New Yawkers would stay far away from that.

Though if John Kerry had another daughter, he could name her Forbes Forbes Kerry.

Also, "Nevaeh", the most idiotic name invented, is misspelled in the poll.

Heaven backwards. Oooh...creative...real new age...

Same reaction as when I saw it the first time in some newsmagazine column a couple years back. That name deserves the rolleyes, IMHO. :rolleyes:

Not that I'll take it out if I ever meet someone with that name 15 years down the line. But some names just boggle my mind.

Ashley is a traditional unisex name. I don't know where you get the idea that it was ever an exclusively male name.

'ashley' is a predominantly female name where i live. i know of 11 people that go by that name and they're all female.
the only male i've heard of with that name was that guy in gone with the wind.

Don't know about the UK or the US, but over here in Germany, you can easily tell the social standing of the parents by the kids names:

- anything that sounds "special" preferable very "french" or "english" is typically the name of a kid from low social standing. Michelle, Jasmine, and so on. Names that would make good "cheerleader names" I suppose. Usually they are pronounced completely wrong and with a heavy dialect (also often a good indicator of low social standing). Funny thing: by trying to give their kids a special name the parents not only condemn their kids to be easily recognizable to be from a "economicaly challenged background". They also give there kids names that are very trendy, and thus rather common for a few years.

- middle class people tend to stick to less "flashy" names. Marie or Sophie, are good examples for this. Normaly those names are either variants of traditional central european names, or have become so common that they can be considered as such.

- lower upper class people tend to choose either scandinavian names for their kids, or do choose other west-european names, but with a strong tendency to avoid the flashy names.

As a result those used to work with children can "read" those hints from the name already. A "Michelle Meier" is already a clear sign, might be similar to a Mistyque Smith.

Oh, how would I name my baby girl? Well, I did name my two girls Lisa-Marie and Hanna-Teresa. Why? Cause they are named with scandinavian variants of their great-grandmothers names. Sure, I'm a snob. ;)

In honor of my first child (2 weeks old today!) I have to say Alexandra. We call her Alex for short. I don't remember why my wife and I came up with that name...but I remember there were a few tense months of picking out names where if we didn't love each other so much it might have become a pretty violent battle...(think mr. and mrs. smith maybe?) :lol:

Top Bottom