Favorite New Leader for Existing Civ

Who is your favorite new leader for an existing civ?

• Lincoln (America)

Votes: 34 13.7%
  • Boudicca (Celts)

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • De Gaulle (France)

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Pericles (Greeks)

Votes: 76 30.5%
  • Suleiman (Ottoman)

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Darius (Persia)

Votes: 50 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phoenix1595

Lord of the Two Lands
OK, now I am that guy who makes two polls in one night. Of the six new leaders for existing civs, which is going to rock your world?

I'm a Pericles man, myself.

Boudica. This is mainly for flavor reasons though. She is the most interesting out of all of the others in my opinion. It is fun reading and learning about her.

Also Aggressive/Charismatic is suppose to be a very good trait combo so we will see how that works out and if it is really overpowered.

Boudicca scares me-- I'm afraid she just might get through my frontier borders guarded by heavily intoxicated praets and disrupt my Roman bathhouse parties and temple openings (not likely, but I will have to put an extra sentry on duty that night).

I think she is going to make Monty look like a puppy dog once you find her next door. Of course, if you play her...

Pericles, for the obscene number of great scientists he should be able to produce.

Close second is Boudica. I think I'm just about the only person who really likes the Celtic UU and UB, and adding aggressive to that mix should make for some lethal early-game military power. Overall though, I think Brennus will still be the game's best leader.

In order of potential in gameplay:
1. Darius
2. Boadica
3. Pericles
4. Suleiman
5. De Gaulle
6. Lincoln

In order of my own personal preferences:
1. Darius
2. Suleiman
3. Pericles
4. Boadica
5. Lincoln
6. De Gaulle

I mean, I miss a Japanese and Spanish leader. Instead we get a third American and French leader

It wouldn't be so bad if those two weren't so extreme, too (i.e. super-isolationist Toku and religious nut Isabella)... but yeah, they are. I was really hoping for one more leader for those two.

It wouldn't be so bad if those two weren't so extreme, too (i.e. super-isolationist Toku and religious nut Isabella)... but yeah, they are. I was really hoping for one more leader for those two.

I feel that Firaxis will kick itself once it realizes that Abe's traits are a turnoff for many. I still feel America was fine without a third leader.

Pericles, definitely. I have always liked the vanilla Frederick combo of Phi/Cre, and always wanted to play Greeks, but Alexander's traits didn't quite fit my style. I think Pericles will become one of my favourite leaders - with odeons, he is very well suited to get a SE cultural victory.

I think Pericles looks interesting, but I'm really excited about Lincoln (gasp!). I've always wanted to play a Cha/Ind leader or a Cha/Phi leader, and now I have the chance to do both. I didn't vote for de Gaulle, though, just to show Lincoln some love.

Although the traits aren't exactly synergistic, I like to have a bonus on the war front so I'm not at a complete disadvantage against the AI, but the other trait I prefer to be a builder trait. And, to call Cha a warmonger trait is not entirely true--that +1/+2 happiness helps whether you are at war or not. I liked playing as Hannibal, so I'm wondering if Lincoln will be a similarly entertaining experience.

The only drawback is the late UU/UB, which doesn't suite my playing style as well, but that is what you get for playing as America.

No Carlos I or Felipe II makes me sad, but it's good to see a non-psychotic Greek leader.

If I'll have to pick just one, it'd have to be Darius.. I have always been fascinated by Achaemenid Persia (Cyrus is already one of my favorite leaders) and also: Immortals + obscene amounts of money = gargantuan empire.

Runners up would be Pericles and Lincoln.

Dahreeusuh

Darius seems very strong for sure. Pericles isn't bad either.

I love being extreme but a normal one should needed, and a third leader is a bit too much.

Boudica no!!!!!!! We are losing to the boring choices of Pericles and Darius. If we were losing to Lincoln or De Gaulle that would be different but errr...

Don't worry Boudica we'll win them over... eventually. While the day goes on and more people wake up from their crazy partys last last night and vote.

Crazy parties on a Tuesday? They must have been crazy indeed.

Yes good news for Boudica- in the fast few hours we have been the fastest growing civ! We are almsot tied with Darius.

However I think Pericles trait combo with the high demand of a second Greek leader will prevent us from winning. Darn you Pericles!

Top Bottom